• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Build is done! (Pictures Added!)

bmt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2010
Skinner's Mudhole, Oregon
This is my second 308 caliber AR.

This one is a DPMS Lower, Brownells A2 sping/buffer kit, DPMS Lower parts kit, Magpul PRS stock.

The upper is a direct order from DPMS. 18 Bull barrel, fluted. Wears Warne rings, a re-purposed Leupol VX-III 4.5-14 AO scope. It was sent to Leupold for M1 turrets and a TMR reticle. (My buddy describes it as a one-inch tubed mark 4)

It shoots pretty good, as shown when it was fastened to my Carbine Lower. (The carbine lower ended up having a poor check weld--requiring me to buy another lower--you now the story
grin.gif
)

600yards.jpg

Photo is a 1.75 inch group at 600 yards.
cool.gif

I was zeroed at 500 and used the reticle to hold for wind (11 knots right to left).

I will post photos of the rifle as soon as I get it in my hands!

BMT

Re: New Build is done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a stellar group for a gas gun at that distance, your driving it right, very nce work.

Kirk R </div></div>

Thanks, wish I could do that every time.
crazy.gif

That is Black hills 175 grain match ammo. That stuff is spooky accurate.

BMT

That's a tight group. Any pics of build?

Here is the Rifle:

2012-11-24231357.jpg

Scope with Vortex level:

2012-11-24231453.jpg

Total Build:

DPMS Custom Ordered Upper-308
18 inch tube, 1-10 rifling, fluted. DPMS Lower and Lower parts kit. magpul PRS. Trigger job is sweet, done by a local expert.

Warne rings. Leupold vari-x III scope, AO, that I send in for M1s and a TMR reticle. No $$ for the Nightforce, so I pulled this one off a varmint rifle.

Vortex Level-NOTE: I an left eye dominant, the level is on the correct side.

Also note left side safety.

The group posted above was taken at a custom class arranged by these guys:

http://www.reacttrainingsystems.com/ABOUT-US.html

Me and some Thunder Ranch alums (FROM H.A.R.T) got a feild shooting class. (moving targets, range estimation, multiple targets at different ranges, etc.)

My best group was four shots, #1 and #3 at 500 yards (one and a half inches, right above the chest pocket area). Number 2 and #4 were required head shots at 100 yards, 30 degrees left of the 500 yard targets. I had two hits in the left cheek. we had one minute to make the four shots.

Damn tannerite blew up the target before I got a photo. (nice trick btw, the tannerite represented a hostage. We were not told WHY it had be a head shot, just make it fast. The shooter after me shot my target and blew up the 100 yard guy.

Any way, its a nice rifle.

BMT

Pic of the other rifle.

RIfle2079.jpg

I added a UBR stock to it and used the "precision" upper for the class. Did not have a good cheek weld at all.

Sold the leupold that is on it and replaced it with an Aminpoint T-1.

BMT

Good looking dpms and great shooting!