• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Bushnell Elite LRHS2

I just got mine and got it mounted up. I'm only 2.5 hours from KC-MO, so it came really fast.

Just looking out the window, it definitely seems to have better glass than the 4.5-18-44x LRHSi that it is replacing. The only negative is that I am losing the illumination by going to the new model. I honestly don't use it much anyway. Overall, I am very pleased with it, as I have been with all LRHS and LRTS I have owned. It is going on a bolt action .308 and I will probably go sight it in after work tonight.

I should also add that I weighed both models. The old LRHSi was 28 oz and the new LRHS2 was 27.5 oz. So basically identical. The body/size of the scope is the same as the old one as well.

Only difference from my old one is no illumination knob on the left and then the new one has the locking windage instead of the capped windage on the old one.

Reactions: lash
I should also add that I weighed both models. The old LRHSi was 28 oz and the new LRHS2 was 27.5 oz. So basically identical. The body/size of the scope is the same as the old one as well.
My LRHSi 4.5-18 is 26.5oz. Specs show new LRHS2 at .2 in longer than the old
Only difference from my old one is no illumination knob on the left and then the new one has the locking windage instead of the capped windage on the old one.
Doesn't the new one also have a throw lever?

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I am looking forward to having it in my hands.

Welp, thanks FedEx....it was supposed to get her tomorrow, but is now showing Saturday.

It'll miss the range trip, but I'm still excited to get it in my hands.

After thinking I'd get it Saturday, FedEx ended up coming through and I got mine today. It's very nice. I have an LRTS already mounted to a rifle that has been great so far.

Eye box appears similar to my LRTS.

Glass is very good from the limited indoor viewing I did.

The magnification adjustment is not as tight as the LRTS, it's easier to adjust, I'm not sure if I like that or not.

Windage and Elevation turrets feel the same as the LRTS, same locking windage. Good positive clicks.

I got it late today, so won't have time to mount it to a rifle, and I'm going to the range tomorrow early.

I have the LRTS on a 223 that I'm shooting tomorrow, and will bring the LRHS2 to compare in full light.

My overall impression is that it's exactly what I thought, my LRTS with better glass and the G2H reticle, which I really like.

I'll share more tomorrow after comparing in full light.

Just got back from the range.

Didn't have the LRHS2 mounted, but did compare directly to my LRTS.

LRTS and LRHS2 are effectively identical. The Magnification adjustment is a tad easier to move, but after comparing directly not as different as I originally thought. Knobs have the same feel.

I really like the G2H reticle compared to the G3.

The only significant (and it is significant) difference is the noticeably better glass on the LRHS2.

The LRTS is good, and I've never had a complaint with it. But there was much better edge to edge clarity on the LRHS2.

You can tell it's on par with the XRS2 with the same ED Prime Glass.

The Eyebox on the LRHS2 seemed to be slightly larger, but then again the LRHS2 wasn't mounted so I didn't really have a great way to compare directly, if it is larger, it's not enough to make a huge difference.

I'm still building the rifle that will hold the LRHS2, so it will be some time until I can test it fully, but first impressions are that this is a phenomenal piece of glass for the money.

Now I just have to wait until the XRS3 comes out.

Just in case anyone here was considering an Aimpoint Micro / LRHS2 combo. Here's my Gen1 LRHSi with a Reptilia ROF 90 on a 30mm Geissele mount (1.50"). There's just enough height on the H1 Micro over the elevation knob to be usable . Still has more to see though when compared to my RMR unobstructed.

Allows very fast chin weld shooting. This is my coyote/hog set-up.

Attachments

• 20210720_072246.jpg
    20210720_072246.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210720_082150.jpg
    20210720_082150.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210720_081607.jpg
    20210720_081607.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 108
Just in case anyone here was considering an Aimpoint Micro / LRHS2 combo. Here's my Gen1 LRHSi with a Reptilia ROF 90 on a 30mm Geissele mount (1.50"). There's just enough height on the H1 Micro over the elevation knob to be usable . Still has more to see though when compared to my RMR unobstructed.

Allows very fast chin weld shooting. This is my coyote/hog set-up.
I love the piggyback combo as well, here was mine with a DPP
20210504_Bushnell_LRHSi_4.5-18x44_Spuhr_SCP-3001_Leupold_DPP_ 003.jpg

20210504_Bushnell_LRHSi_4.5-18x44_Spuhr_SCP-3001_Leupold_DPP_ 011.jpg

I wish these were available with an illuminated reticle. I would be interested to see if they could make the G4 reticle into a G4H. I use the gen I on my hog rifle and varmint rifles. The illuminated reticle Is a huge advantage when taking a shot right at dark on a hog or darker coyote.

Agreed. My Hog Slayer 2.0 project is keeping the Gen1 illuminated version for that very reason...

Attachments

• 20210724_055453(0)~2.jpg
    20210724_055453(0)~2.jpg
    779.1 KB · Views: 89
Dumb question, but does the throw lever have multiple options for position so us lefty’s can use it without bolt interference?

Unfortunately not. When the XRS2 came out, I loaned one to MGM Switchview to make a left handed lever for them, and that *might* work on the LRHS2. If not, you could try contacting them or MKM to see if they can make you an offset one to replace the factory lever (it is removeable) for a LH bolt gun.

Unfortunately not. When the XRS2 came out, I loaned one to MGM Switchview to make a left handed lever for them, and that *might* work on the LRHS2. If not, you could try contacting them or MKM to see if they can make you an offset one to replace the factory lever (it is removeable) for a LH bolt gun.
Thanks for the info. Was really hoping they would add a extra mounting spot for us lefty’s but it sounds like it’s exactly like the LRTS.

How are people liking these?

Can anyone compare glass quality/clarity/CA to other comparable scopes? Lht, mk5, original lrhs, lrts.

Is turret feel on par with lrts? My assumption is that mechanically it is/feels the same as the lrts

Last edited:

Can anyone compare glass quality/clarity/CA to other comparable scopes? Lht, mk5 etc
I had a LRHS2 and a MK5 7x35 side by side at an overcast dawn. Very comparable in clearness. The LRHS2 picked up colors slightly better. The MK5 saw dimensional shadows a little better. Like visual under a shaded leaf. My brothers eyes did the opposite though,lol. Edge to edge clarity was the similar. The MK5 brought in more light but it's got a much bigger bell on it.

Reactions: DangerRanger
Are you still able to get the discount since only GA has them for sale? Would love to pick one up for a build I’m working on

Can anyone compare glass quality/clarity/CA to other comparable scopes? Lht, mk5, original lrhs, lrts.

Is turret feel on par with lrts? My assumption is that mechanically it is/feels the same as the lrts
I like mine a lot. It currently have it setting on my NRL22 rifle and it’s a perfect fit for that imo. I also have an original LRHSi (on an AR) and the improvements between the 2 are noticeable. Specifically, the picture is much better, the zero stop is welcome, and the integral tab on the power ring is appreciated.