• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New caliber itch, opinions needed

I ordered mine from x-caliber barrels for my ruger rpr. They have sales all the time and it arrived on schedule. I haven't installed it yet but the quality (fit and finish) looks good.

It doesn't look like they do Zeus prefits.

Reactions: Islas82
I ordered mine from x-caliber barrels for my ruger rpr. They have sales all the time and it arrived on schedule. I haven't installed it yet but the quality (fit and finish) looks good.

It doesn't look like they do Zeus prefits.
Nope doesn’t seem like it.

Bugholes might do one for you. They list “terminus” under their shouldered prefit option.

Last edited:
Preece Precision up in Ogden will do one too. Be hard to beat that.

BUgholes did my 25cm prefit for impact

BUgholes did my 25cm prefit for impact
Have you been happy with your 25cm? What bullet are you shooting? How many rounds? What distances do you typically shoot?
I think the OP and I are on the same path and would like as much info as you can share to help us with our decision.
Thanks

Have you been happy with your 25cm? What bullet are you shooting? How many rounds? What distances do you typically shoot?
I think the OP and I are on the same path and would like as much info as you can share to help us with our decision.
Thanks
I’ve been happy with mine. Have about 1500 rounds. I’m still working on my stash of blackjacks, should have enough to finish this barrel off. I’ve taken it to 1500 quit a few times. I use alpha brass, 42.5 grains H4350 gets me about 2975 FPS.

Reactions: owyheerat
@Islas82

Alpha has 25 creedmoor srp brass in stock right now, if you are in need of brass.

Yea! Mile high and bullet central have some as well, right now am struggling with barrel and dies. I reached out to a few places regarding barrels and currently hunting for the best price. Am entertaining the thought of going the 6.5 sizing die with the .282 bushing but still researching as to how well that works, apparently the Redding die and Forster seater are the best combo. Idk the 6GT support is looking pretty good rn 😂

Gotta be a little adventurous to go wildcattin’.

Does 25CM really count as a wildcat if Alpha is making brass?

Yea! Mile high and bullet central have some as well, right now am struggling with barrel and dies. I reached out to a few places regarding barrels and currently hunting for the best price. Am entertaining the thought of going the 6.5 sizing die with the .282 bushing but still researching as to how well that works, apparently the Redding die and Forster seater are the best combo. Idk the 6GT support is looking pretty good rn 😂
I also own a 6cm, and the main reason I'm going 25cm, is bullets. I have had a hard time finding Berger (what I prefer) 140 or 144 grain 6.5, and 105 or 109 grain 6mm bullets in stock recently. I know they come available occasionally but they fly off the shelf so fast. But the Berger 133 and 135 grain 25 cal bullets seem to be much more readily available.

Just my 2 cents....

So preferred barrels has a pretty sweet deal on expedited barrels right now, cheaper than anywhere else. I have used their barrels before and had no issues. The offer a 25cm BJ chamber am guessing BJ stands for black jack bullets, do you guys think that would be an issue if using different projectiles?

But seriously, I’d ask them. If they are throated short, it could be an issue…probably wouldn’t be since hybrids tend to be fairly jump-insensitive. But it’s worth asking what they think or can tell you about how that throat length might relate to the bullet you intend to use.

If I was thinking about going 25, I'd get me some bergers bought. Who knows when they will run 25's again.

Reactions: Schütze
So preferred barrels has a pretty sweet deal on expedited barrels right now, cheaper than anywhere else. I have used their barrels before and had no issues. The offer a 25cm BJ chamber am guessing BJ stands for black jack bullets, do you guys think that would be an issue if using different projectiles?
The blackjack chamber will run the bergers fine

Did they respond?
Have you made a decision?
Just curious what caliber you will try and why...
This was their response
The .115" FB is perfect for the 133 or 135 Bergers and performs flawlessly as a no-turn chamber. Projectiles are touching at 2.850"-.2.875" typically.
So it seems like it would work just fine. Am still deciding and researching, lots of people love the cartridge but most seem to agree that the lack of bullets options as well as other market support is a turn off so am cautious right now.

This was their response

So it seems like it would work just fine. Am still deciding and researching, lots of people love the cartridge but most seem to agree that the lack of bullets options as well as other market support is a turn off so am cautious right now.
That is good to know.
It will help some when Hornady releases their high bc 25 cal bullet. Hopefully Sierra follows suit.
Good luck with your decision.

I read that the Hornady .257 probably won’t be out till SHOT next year.
Yeah, you're probably right...
Once I decided I wanted to try a 25cm, I ordered a barrel. I went ahead and bought 3k berger 135's. So I have enough for this barrel.
I'm looking forward to trying it...

Yeah, you're probably right...
Once I decided I wanted to try a 25cm, I ordered a barrel. I went ahead and bought 3k berger 135's. So I have enough for this barrel.
I'm looking forward to trying it...
Where did you get your barrel from? Which action?