• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Caliber

I’ve had many thoughts about the possibilities. I would take the casing from a 14.5mm anti-material round and neck it down to a .50 cal. Who knows? Maybe a .416 or even a .408 would work out of that casing?

Something with the performance of the 7 saum that has no feeding issues

Reactions: beetroot
.300 Luger Subsonic Magnus
84152909_10157746599470631_2142453034410573824_o.jpg

Should have the barrel spun up on a Cz527 within a month or so.

I’ve had many thoughts about the possibilities. I would take the casing from a 14.5mm anti-material round and neck it down to a .50 cal. Who knows? Maybe a .416 or even a .408 would work out of that casing?

Hi,

Ancient and has a HUGE flaw.....check the specs; specifically the case alloy of the 14.5mm and get back with me on why settling for some 50k pressure capabilities.

Better case is the 12.7x108 to neck down to 10mm diameter projectile.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: 1moaoff
There is a thread on here of a guy selling reamers, brass, barrels, and projectiles for a 20mm Vulcan necked down to 50 cal

Hi,

Ancient and has a HUGE flaw.....check the specs; specifically the case alloy of the 14.5mm and get back with me on why settling for some 50k pressure capabilities.

Better case is the 12.7x108 to neck down to 10mm diameter projectile.

Sincerely,
Theis
I have no intentions on actually creating this bullet. This is just hypothetical. All practicality is out the window.

Not that hypothetical. Reaming the chamber tomorrow. Initial firing next week. .50 Short.

Thank you,
MrSmith

That looks like a Frankenstein experiment.

Similar powder capacity to 300 blackout subs, great case fill, no bullet stuffed into the case, bearing surface already aligned in the bore.

Won't be as snappy with supers but that's not the point. Aiming for subsonic MV consistency and accuracy.

Not actually new... but a 300WSM rifle built so that you can seat a long bullet way out there.

I want a death star laser gun to hell with ammo cost or reloading or wind or elevation just push the button and burn it .
this would work while the other is being developed .

I did this and have really been happy with mine for the last 40 years. .375 H&H Magnum necked to 7MM. Same taper, 25 deg. shoulder full length. Have gone through many barrels and still using the same old actions. One on a pre war Magnum Mauser and one a Pre war Win 70 Magnum with a 3 digit serial number. Both rifles were built by Griffin and Howe.
The cartridge feeds smoothly, allows one more round in the magazine than the non tapered cases and has killed everything I have shot with it all over the world.

Neck up 6.5 CM to 7 CM. That would be a handy dandy little hunting round. Not that the 6.5 isn't.

7SAC already exists. Mark /SAC necked up the 6.5 CM several years ago. and spun the barrel on a gun for us. My son has one in a 18" and it is a great hunting round shooting 140's. Its been a solid beanfield deer killer for us. Maybe it is a 7SAW he did for us????...he spun this barrel maybe 4 or 5 years ago and I got the sizer from him. Never heard of it before then.

15206.jpeg

Last edited:
7SAC already exists. Mark /SAC necked up the 6.5 CM several years ago. and spun the barrel on a gun for us. My son has one in a 18" and it is a great hunting round shooting 140's. Its been a solid beanfield deer killer for us. Maybe it is a 7SAW he did for us????...he spun this barrel maybe 4 or 5 years ago and I got the sizer from him. Never heard of it before then.

View attachment 7249321
7SAW is from Clayton Smith at West Texas Ordnance

basically a small primer 308 necked down and improved

View attachment 7249321
63052D0D-A688-4650-80B3-B4DCBD5B0862.jpeg

7CM mock-up vs 7SAW

whatever the space shuttle fired, necked down to 6mm of course.

Thanks for that comparison. The 7SAC is definitely a necked up 6.5 Creed. The SAW pretty much is an improved small primer 7-08