• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Cartridge by Vortex, 6.5 BC

TxWelder35

WELDERAT0R
Minuteman
  • Oct 17, 2018
    DFW
    47F2A930-B57A-43D1-89F0-06A8605DB7D4.png

Per vortex-
    * not to be commercially available for a while, they will be talking about it more later this afternoon @vortexnationpodcast

Reactions: RS14
    I am sure they partnered with someone in the ammo business already to make this, but I am not seeing the need for another 6.5 cartridge. We have 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x47, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 6.5 PRC that cover everything from AR-15 platform to full magnum performance. I would also like to see a 7 PRC (long action magnum launching 180's around 2900-3000 fps from a 24" barrel with a long neck). Basically a beltless, modern 7mm rem mag.

I am sure they partnered with someone in the ammo business already to make this, but I am not seeing the need for another 6.5 cartridge. We have 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x47, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 6.5 PRC that cover everything from AR-15 platform to full magnum performance. I would also like to see a 7 PRC (long action magnum launching 180's around 2900-3000 fps from a 24" barrel with a long neck). Basically a beltless, modern 7mm rem mag.

28 Nosler?

It's nothing big and I doubt it will ever hit the shelves. Looks like their marketers/content creator just messing around by "creating" a new wildcat, the 6.5 Back Country. Vortex just doing what the do best. Marketing!

It's nothing big and I doubt it will ever hit the shelves. Looks like their marketers/content creator just messing around by "creating" a new wildcat, the 6.5 Back Country. Vortex just doing what the do best. Marketing!
    I like Better Creedmoor more better

Reactions: godofthunder
    That’s basically 7 max necked down to 6.5.
    Minus the necking down (still want a 7mm, plenty of 6.5's). All of the Sherman cartridges have a small following, but no large manufacturers making stuff for them. If someone partnered with a large ammo company and a good brass manufacturer to make something between the 6.5 and 300 PRC in length and capacity in 7mm I think it would catch on.

Minus the necking down (still want a 7mm, plenty of 6.5's). All of the Sherman cartridges have a small following, but no large manufacturers making stuff for them. If someone partnered with a large ammo company and a good brass manufacturer to make something between the 6.5 and 300 PRC in length and capacity in 7mm I think it would catch on.
    A modern belt less 7mm mag.

Reactions: BenW
    I believe that’s something that could get popular, a bit more horsepower than 7 saum/280AI without the meat blasting/barrel scorching of 28 nosler.
    I personally feel everything 6.5 is pretty well covered.
    7mm Blaser Mag... just not popular on this side of the pond.

I don’t understand why 6.5 for all these new rounds. The market is flooded with them. To make a 6.5mm bullet effective on larger game, it needs a lot higher velocities that push bullet designs to their limits. It looks like this is some kind of 6.5 magnum/hunting round, and if it is, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t use 7mm

It's not for you, it's for the ENVIRONMENT! Every year, millions of used primers are just thrown away into landfills... 😂

I got about a gallon of "once fired" primers available. I offered them to @THEIS but he hasn't made up his mind about them. Or, he's holding off to see if I'll lower my price.

What he don't know, is I got two other fellas on the line in case he decides he don't want them... 🤣🤣

“The 6.5 BC is born. Spoiler alert - this won't be showing up at your favorite Vortex dealer or on the website just yet, but tune in for the full story of our upcoming Podventure to learn more about this wildcatting special. Video drops tomorrow, 12/14, on the YouTube channel.”

I got about a gallon of "once fired" primers available. I offered them to @THEIS but he hasn't made up his mind about them. Or, he's holding off to see if I'll lower my price.

What he don't know, is I got two other fellas on the line in case he decides he don't want them... 🤣🤣
    Hunnit 4 an Oz hmu

AF183598-7F6D-4B31-83B0-B9E8C10619E5.jpeg

stolen from someone else on here

I hope this takes off.. there is YUGE gap in the 6.5 cartridge game right now....

Wait....

Reactions: LongRangeJunky
    I'm all for it. More competition, hopefully will lead to lower prices...eventually? lol