• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Cartridge by Vortex, 6.5 BC

So confused why another 6.5.... does it shoot 200grain 2 inch long bullets with a G7 of like 450? lol I would love to see more work done like the 7-300 Norma IMP with some 2500 round count lifespan. The 6.5 PRC and 6.5 SAUM are already the hotrod rounds or even the .264 win mag.

We have 6.5 Grendel to 26 Nosler/ 6.5-300W that pretty much runs the 6.5mm gambit.

I mean I guess you could make a 26 Norma Mag or Lapua Mag if you like barrel life counted in the low hundreds.

Why not neck a 50 BMG down to .223 while we are at it. 6000 fps lasers would be awesome.

I am sure they partnered with someone in the ammo business already to make this, but I am not seeing the need for another 6.5 cartridge. We have 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x47, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 6.5 PRC that cover everything from AR-15 platform to full magnum performance. I would also like to see a 7 PRC (long action magnum launching 180's around 2900-3000 fps from a 24" barrel with a long neck). Basically a beltless, modern 7mm rem mag.

In wildcats, the beltless 7 mag is the 7 Sherman Short Mag... except its a short action that can get 3000 fps in a 24" barrel.

Reactions: lash and Dschapp44
I am sure they partnered with someone in the ammo business already to make this, but I am not seeing the need for another 6.5 cartridge. We have 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x47, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 6.5 PRC that cover everything from AR-15 platform to full magnum performance. I would also like to see a 7 PRC (long action magnum launching 180's around 2900-3000 fps from a 24" barrel with a long neck). Basically a beltless, modern 7mm rem mag.

You can get pretty close to those numbers with a 280 AI

Hi,

Reusable primers would be awesome right now!!

Sincerely,
Theis
Reusable priming, you say?
35C4D416-04CE-48A5-AD34-BB1BE2D51CB6.jpeg

Wonder what the difference is between this and simply a necked down 300PRC. With Lapua, ADG, and Hornady already making brass.

7 SAUM. I run 180s with mag feed SA @ 2900. You can always run in LA as well.

You forgot the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, 260 Remington, .264 Win Mag, 6.5 RPM, 26 Nosler and the Magnificent 6.5x300 Weatherby Wright Magnum (oh and the 6.5 Carcano, the 6.5 x 50 Japanese, the 6.5 x54 Mannlicher, the 6.5x57, the 6.5x.284 and finally the 6.5-06.). I think that about covers it.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and kyzim311
In wildcats, the beltless 7 mag is the 7 Sherman Short Mag... except its a short action that can get 3000 fps in a 24" barrel.
The problem is limited support. One small company with their own round does not appeal to most.

7 SAUM. I run 180s with mag feed SA @ 2900. You can always run in LA as well.
It can do it, but you are at the redline to reach that in a 24" barrel. Make it just a little bigger for a dedicated LA cartridge and make sure there are plenty of factory offering in ammo, and some good brass for reloaders. ADG is the only good brass for SAUM I know of, basically dead if you look at factory ammo.

Doesn't a 7 saum already do that?

Reactions: Jakeweb09
Dang, I forgot the 6.5 Remington Magnum, the 6.5 TCU and the 6.5 BR. That makes 19, 6.5 rounds that have either been commercially loaded or have a firearm/barrel commercially chambered for it. Guess at least one more would make it an even 20. If it could use an electrical primer that uses a battery powered capacitor instead of a chemical primer charge to ignite the powder would just about perfect.

Don't forget 6.5x284

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
And a 300 PRC case would do that with a 6.5 bullet. I may run one later just for fun.

I'll call mine the 6.5 HellCat
even a 142 ABLR or berger 153.5/156 which i assume what it was built for at 1.5" bullet oal? only .100 shorter than a 215/230 hybrid

Another 6.5 jeez, they should have done a 6mm, we need something between the Gay Tiger and the dasher. Or maybe a 7mm Creedmoor, 7mm08 sounds too old timey... :ROFLMAO:

I'd be willing to bet there are fewer loose parts inside you can hear rattling around than there are with their scopes!
Damn! I said that out load!

So they more or less stretched the 6.5 PRC case out to by .300" (rough guess) and made it a long action cartridge?

Heck, a really neat round would be a .22-250 necked up to .257 caliber and getting a 1-7 twist barrel. (A .25-22-250) Or would not be a .25 Creedmoor twin?

I would buy the hell out of what you are describing.

Reactions: kyzim311
it's called 28 Sherman Magnum and itll go way faster than 3k

7SS
They are called Sherman wildcats for a reason. Looking for something commercially available from more than one small company. They need some Lapua, Norma, or Alpha brass and ammo on the shelf from Federal or Hornady or Winchester. Really the second part of that is key as if enough factory ammo sells, reloading components will be made.

So they more or less stretched the 6.5 PRC case out to by .300" (rough guess) and made it a long action cartridge?

No, PRC case has a smaller diameter body, this is a 26 Nosler with a shorter case.

No, PRC case has a smaller diameter body, this is a 26 Nosler with a shorter case.
Ahhh, I should have looked at the SAAMI drawings a little closer. Guess I never realized the RUMs had bigger body diameter on the magnum case head.

7 Sherman

They are called Sherman wildcats for a reason. Looking for something commercially available from more than one small company. They need some Lapua, Norma, or Alpha brass and ammo on the shelf from Federal or Hornady or Winchester. Really the second part of that is key as if enough factory ammo sells, reloading components will be made.

ADG makes fantastic 7SS brass, as good as any other brass. Sherman wildcats have really taken off pretty well.

Who really uses factory ammo for long range stuff anyhow? For factory 7ss, you could use 7 saum in a pinch.

ADG makes fantastic 7SS brass, as good as any other brass. Sherman wildcats have really taken off pretty well.

Who really uses factory ammo for long range stuff anyhow? For factory 7ss, you could use 7 saum in a pinch.
7MAX cause use SAUM i believe is how it goes?

The brass is neat

Ez pass on boomers.

If ur reliant on factory ammo, good luck in 2021