• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk New Classification for the Series

Bro, first off, you are late to the party..this thread died weeks ago. Everyone who had anything to say has already said it.

I will reiterate once again....the thread was for fun and thought. If you go back and read through the various posts you will see that I never attacked anyone specifically. Most who initially chimed in and told me to go fuck myself saw that I meant no harm toward any one particular shooter, group of shooter, shirt shooter or otherwise.

Now, I guess since you KNOW me and have taken it upon yourself to advise me to quit whining, AND that I will never succeed at anything, we must have shot several matches together and drank some whiskey while talking about how good or bad we did at the match. NO?

Well then, I feel confident in what I’m about to say....

I DO know what “sponsored shooter” means. It means that the shooter has achieved a level of proficiency that lends itself to the sponsors products and the promotion of those products. It means that the the sponsor expects to increase sales because the dude wearing the shirt is winning and shooting their product, and now everyone else wants that product because they think that they will shoot that good if they have it. It means we shooters will spend infinite amounts of money on said products to try and achieve that level of shooting.

Now since again, you obviously know me, know where and when I shoot, how many matches I shoot, and what level of competitor I am, let me tell you what sponsored shooter doesn’t mean.

It doesn’t meant that you and your boys show up to the match in your matching bright clean team jerseys and hang out together without talking to anyone else. It doesn’t mean that you all have the same fucking rifles, the same fucking sponsored ammo, the same fucking sponsored scopes, and the same dope for all of above. So that when you go to the stage one of you are the assigned patsy to get the wind call and the others shoot off that call. It doesn’t mean that while the rest of us walk the course between stages, you and your asshole buds ride your 20K buggie to the next stage and are all fresh while them remainder of shooters all sweaty and tired try to get on target. AND MOST CERTAINLY IT DONT FUCKING MEAN that since you “ sponsored shooters” , which we lesser fucksticks have no idea about, don’t get to go to the prize table “ cause I’m sure you fucking EARNED it. And pick up the sponsored product that is on your clean jersey, and let some poor non winning, ass complaining, whining piece of shit like me buy it from you here on the Hide for a top price when you got the first one from your sponsor and the second in the match. OH FUCK! I gots me the next bestest piece of gear ⚙ n new world cause that dude won the match with that shit. NOW I CAN BE JUST LIKE 308pirate.

Been there, seen it, lived it, got the t-shirt.

Of course you already obviously know that from the familiarity of your post

At the end of the day I would say we should sit down and discuss our perceived differences over a good bourbon, but the more I read threads from Dicks like you, I’m inclined to remain in my camp tell tell you to respectfully go and FUCK YOURSELF.

Mission accomplished

now-go-be-poor-somewhere-else.jpg

Oh,and by the way let me add. It has gotten so bad with sponsors of matches that they now REQUIRE a written name on the certificate to keep assholes from putting their shit up for sale on the various internet sites. So what we as shooters once enjoyed as prizes for the match, we have now compromised them with greed, and the sponsors are slowly bailing.
If you are shooting an $8000 rig and get to go to the prize table for whatever reason, why you got to pick up the latest and greatest? Give it to the the guy shooting pappys .243.
Maybe 308pirate has some insight to that since by his last post he’s drinking the the cool drinks and bangin the hos on his yacht.

I will agree with JM4590 about seeing stuff posted for sale on the Hide Monday that was just picked off the prize table the weekend before. I have also seen a few damn good people and shooters let someone else pick in their place or given what they pulled from the table to a much lesser shooter. Wish there were more "shirts" like that.

Just get rid of prizes.

Those that are in it for the fun, camaraderie and for the development of their skills will continue to shoot. Those that are in it for the "fame" and prize table winnings will leave. Good riddance, be good for the sport to get rid of the leeches.

Sponsors don't need to subsidize "pro shooters" for them to play at their weekend hobby (no such thing as a "pro" PRS shooter btw). If you can't afford to shoot PRS and need to sell off prize table winnings to keep playing, then you need to pick up a different sport such as knitting. The sponsors aren't getting much at all for their return, and that's becoming more and more clear.

Thanks for the opportunity to rant. Not sure why this topic keeps going.

Reactions: Timo Turl