• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New coyote rifle pictures

fw707

Minuteman
Nov 12, 2010
KY
Probably not a lot of interest for hunting guns on here, but I thought I'd post a couple of pictures anyway.
It'a a plain ole .243 Win. caliber in a #1 contour Douglas barrel. It's in a Manners SL stock, and has a 2.5-10x32 NF with the HV ballistic reticle sitting in Seekings rings on a 20MOA base.
I'm thinking about spiral fluting the bolt, getting a new bolt knob installed, and then cerakoting it. If I can add a Timney trigger it'll be about finished.
Sorry about the crappy inside pictures. It's too cold to get outside and take any better ones right now.

004-1.jpg

002-9.jpg

Re: New coyote rifle pictures

that will work just fine for coyote and a few more critters.
cool rifle, congrats.

That's cool as shit, man! Simple, yet very effective. I approve this rifle
grin.gif

Nice rifle, but I must say, I was expecting a Coyote (PGW.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, but I must say, I was expecting a Coyote (PGW.) </div></div>

Nope, coyote with a lower case "c".
Hope you're not disappointed?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Nope, coyote with a lower case "c".
Hope you're not disappointed?
grin.gif
</div></div>Maybe just a little...

Dam fine rifle!
What do you plan on running through it? My 243 shoots the 87gr Vmax very well.

Thanks!
I'm hoping to get some 70-80 grain Blitz, BT's, or varmint HP's up to around 3400fps or so.
The 87 grain Vmax have a good reputation. I'll check them out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sorry about the crappy inside pictures. It's too cold to get outside and take any better ones right now.</div></div>

And you hunt coyotes huh. Cold is always better lol. Just givin ya a hard time. It's regularily around zero here. Great gun and scope choice. That's a perfect gun for the situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: (pink)MiST</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sorry about the crappy inside pictures. It's too cold to get outside and take any better ones right now.</div></div>

And you hunt coyotes huh. Cold is always better lol. </div></div>

Yep, hunting is a good reason to get out in the cold, picture taking ain't.
grin.gif

It's starting to get good this week...teens in the mornings and twenties during the day.

That's a perfect coyote rig! Let us know how it works out for you. Post pics!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a perfect coyote rig! Let us know how it works out for you. Post pics!! </div></div>

what Cinch said
grin.gif

Hey try this...39.0gr IMR4895 75gr Hornady Vmax. This will make tiny Groups.

I loaded up 15 rounds this evening with H414 and some 75 grain Vmax. The 414 had been shooting pretty good in a couple of other .243's with 80 grain Sierras so I thought I'd start there.
I've got 65's, 75's, 80's, and a few 70 gr. Sierra Blitz on the shelf right now, and at least a half dozen powders. Maybe I'll stumble onto something that'll work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I loaded up 15 rounds this evening with H414 and some 75 grain Vmax. The 414 had been shooting pretty good in a couple of other .243's with 80 grain Sierras so I thought I'd start there.</div></div>

H414 is our go to powder for my kid's .243 win, and my .243AI, we buy it by the BIG jug, good stuff.

Lapua cases, and CCI 250 primers....85TSX/87Vmax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks!
I'm hoping to get some 70-80 grain Blitz, BT's, or varmint HP's up to around 3400fps or so.
The 87 grain Vmax have a good reputation. I'll check them out! </div></div>

Nice rig FW--check out what fflmedic is doing with his 243/87 V-Max--

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2207460&gonew=1#UNREAD

That's some dang good shooting right there!

Awesome. The .243 is a great gun for coyotes - little hard on the fur, but you're not going to have many runners ;-) I'm hoping to get a .243 next year, as I've had to many runners with the .223 over the last couple of years and would like something that has a little more reach.