• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New cz 457 Bartlein is here!!

nakoa01

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
Super huge thansk to the guys at Craddock Precision. Can't say enought good at Paul and thr guys there. My 2nd barrel from them. Craftsmanship and customer service are out standing.

Attachments

• 20200326_182107.jpg
    20200326_182107.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 20200326_182026.jpg
    20200326_182026.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 20200326_182012.jpg
    20200326_182012.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 258
Ordered one on 2/24. Curious how long you've been waiting and looking forward to hearing how it shoots.

Now get out and shoot it. Hopefully it shoots like your other bartliens

Reactions: JKW70
You ordered one from Craddock Precision or from Bartlein on 2/24

Curious to know, is it a drop-in, do they cut tenon to match your receiver, or do they provide shims like Lilja?

It's a drop in no cutting or fitting. They cut, flute, thread.

I would call them on that wait time. I got both of mine since february.

Chamber is a bentz as cut from bartlein.

Fit to the action, slid right in. No freezing or heating required.

As for performance. With a cheap 120.00 bushnell and tip off rings I just wanted to get some round through it. no extraction or feeding issues. I started with ammo the rest of my gins do not like. Hoping for a miracle. I did not clean between Ammos but shot a fouling group. Cci std it's ok but expect fliers. Geco match same. Main group much smaller but flier will be wilder than with cci std. My lot of sk std plus that sucks, still sucks. My lot of sk rifle match that sucks, much better. Around a dime size for 5 at 50. My really good wolf match extra again shot really good even better than the SK. And my latest lot of center x that has been absolute fire in my other guns was again fire. 3 groups under 3/8 to 1/4 in. Very impressed. Ans this is all woth less than 200 rounds through the gun. Awaiting my optic which is tomorrow. Hopefully weather testing will shoot more on Monday. Right now looks like Bartlein is 3 for 3.

As for chambers and headspacing etc. So I have always liked a match chmaber. And have at one time been caught up with headspacing bullet engraving etc.

Every cz 457 I have had has had a super tight bore. The 4 mtrs I have had none of the barrels impressed me. Except one. All if my varmint barrels have shot better than the match barrels. Anschutz 64 I tested has a match chamber and shot very well as does the bergara and my Vudoo. I tested a lothar walther for the cz and it would shoot about everything pretty well nothing stellar. I did not lot test. I have one bartlein that is very picky, has a bentz chamber and is 22in long. Bullet just falls to the rim and falls out. But it with center x or sk tifle match it shoots amazingly well. My other bartlein an area 419 barrel has the same chmaber. Is 18.5 long and it shoots ok. Until I put the hellfire comp on. Then it shoots as good as my other bartlein. My now 3rd bartlein has same chmaber is 24in long and fluted. Shows in limited testing it shoots right with the other 2. Shoots good ammo extremely well. And half ass ammo ok.

As for ammo....typically you get what you pay for. I have had good bad and avg lots of sk. I have never had a bad lot of center x.

I wrote all this to say that there are alot of barrel choices put there for the 457. You can read a lot about headspacing, tenon length, shimming bolts etc. For me I have found a much easier answer, buy a Bartlein and go shoot it.

It looks like it's in your 457 MTR, was the main reason you just wanted it threaded? The MTR match barrel I would assume would perform equally as well as the Bartlein.

Thanks for the write-up... reminds me of all the days I was trying to fidget with stuff on the Tikka.

I just wanted it bc the barrel was gorgeous ans so was the mtr stock. The mtr barrel can not hold the jock strap of this new Bartlein. I got out and shot again last night. This barrel is stellar. Only had a cheap 12x scope on it and shot slightly better than my Bergara last night that was wearing a Mueller 8x32 set at 20x. Love that scope

Super huge thansk to the guys at Craddock Precision. Can't say enought good at Paul and thr guys there. My 2nd barrel from them. Craftsmanship and customer service are out standing.
That looks nice, if possible could you provide a shank diameter and length for me? I'm comparing what I have with others. Barrel looks great though.

they look great good luck on shooting them . I had a similar idea for if and when my factory barrel ever needed to be replaced .
just to ask what length did you decide on ? and why ?

I like longer barrels. 22in makes me happy. Reason, it tracks better on bags. And I have learned that I dont care how good your equipment is it can be a one hole, if it doesn't track consistently it's not going to group

That looks nice, if possible could you provide a shank diameter and length for me? I'm comparing what I have with others. Barrel looks great though.

Barrel shank is whatever Bartlein does them at. This has been fluted is all. This barrel is 24in.

Negative sir. One thing I have learned, when its shooting don't mess with it. Ha ha ha

Awesome pics and testimonial. Question, when I went to their website they only listed 455 model, wondering if I am missing something?

My 457 started life as a 16.5" ProVarmint Suppressor-Ready model.
I'm very happy with the Area 419/ Bartlein 18.5" drop-in I have on mine.
It's done well with all of the standard velocity ammo I've put through it so far.
Haven't tried Center-X through it, yet....

Ammo Testing @ 50yds...

Last edited:
WTH, did the forum get the china beer virus?? Totally different look.

Ok, edit, thats a nice looking chassis for the price. Can't figure out why I haven't seen it before.

Ok, 2nd edit, I notice the description says powder coat finish, I know yours is new but how do you think or will it appear to hold up over time?

Last edited:
Reactions: jeronimo
WTH, did the forum get the china beer virus?? Totally different look.

Ok, edit, thats a nice looking chassis for the price. Can't figure out why I haven't seen it before.

Ok, 2nd edit, I notice the description says powder coat finish, I know yours is new but how do you think or will it appear to hold up over time?

I think it's going to be very durable in the long run.
The forend picatinny to Anschutz adapter has left no marks on the finish.
I had doubts myself, but it is very well done.

Last edited: