• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW CZ models

Re: NEW CZ models

i'd imagine any dealer can get their hands on them. maybe even a dick's sporting goods or even (don't laugh) a walmart special order. yeah $900.00 seems a bit pricey, but at least it's a manners stock - synthetic.

don't know if i'd do the $900 even if i had it, but it sure is a nice setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aren't the 455's switch barrel or something? Or just another action...

Maybe a CZ fan can chime in...
</div></div>

i believe they have a .22lr / 17hmr switch barrel combo on their site, but i have no idea how hard it is to do it.

I sure like the look of the Trainer. but damn 900 seems like alot, I have been thinking of getting a boyds tacticool stock for my cz 452, 270 for the rifle 90 for the stock... i could have 2 at that price.

But if the price were lower in the 500 range i would snag one in a heart beat...

I don't know why people think that $899 is too much. Seriously how much would the Manners stock alone cost you? You are looking at well over $400 just for the stock. Then you add in the cost of the rifle. I am sure they could make a profit and sell it for less but I can easily see how they came out at that price point.

My only complaint is that I wish this had a bottom rail and not a sling stud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know why people think that $899 is too much. Seriously how much would the Manners stock alone cost you? You are looking at well over $400 just for the stock. Then you add in the cost of the rifle. I am sure they could make a profit and sell it for less but I can easily see how they came out at that price point.

My only complaint is that I wish this had a bottom rail and not a sling stud. </div></div>

Agree. I've got ~$500 in my stainless Savage MkII with a boyds tacticool stock and DIP bottom metal. I totally think the CZ (most accurate rimfire ever pretty much) in a top notch Manners is worth $400 more than my Savage.

You'll have a long wait and jyst as much money in a Remmy 40x or Sako Quad.

I dunno, $900 is a heap of cash for a 22, but you get what you pay for. I recently dropped $600 for a 22 revolver. Takes just as much metal and machinework to make a sweet 22 than it does a 223, or 308.

I wish they would of come out with this like 4 weeks ago. I placed an order for the Manners CZ stock then. Had I known I would have just sold my current CZ and purchased one of these as it will probably be quicker then me getting a stock and all the work done. C'est la vie!

Good looking trainer there. I would have went with this for sure if I didnt have my MKII in a custom stock. Street price should be a little lower I guess. Either way its a damn good deal.

Those look great, I will most certainly be picking up one of the precision trainers.

$900 retail - 100-150 = dealer? Not bad IF they throw in a match barrel, better trigger, US style safety, and LH model in .22LR.

Why not go all the way?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aren't the 455's switch barrel or something? Or just another action...

Maybe a CZ fan can chime in...
</div></div>

i believe they have a .22lr / 17hmr switch barrel combo on their site, but i have no idea how hard it is to do it. </div></div>

yes the gun is a switch barrel and its very easy 5 minutes:

take barreled action out of the stock
Remove Magazine
unscrew set screws
remove barrel
insert new barrel and torque to 39#
put in or take mag. spacer
put barreled action back in the stock and torque down
DONE

Very seldom do I see a gun store selling a gun for the maufactor's sugested retail price, there always some what lower.

I'd wait and see what the prices are after they've been on the racks for a while.

I like it! I wonder if it will come with both barrels like the CZ American does.

For some reason CZ's do sell new at the manufacturer's suggested retail price. At least the 452 Americans were last spring when I picked one up. I hear Bud's is a good source to get them on line.

I like this new 455 Precision Trainer but was wondering why CZ didn't go with a matte finish on the metalwork instead of the blueing.

One Holer

Im really excited about this. I have a 452 which is a great shooter but will probably be passed down to my 13 year old. I like that the 455 will have a manners stock, bull barrel, and changable barrels/caliburs for $900 bucks. I know some may think this is alot but really when you add it up its not that bad.

I just bought the CZ 455 in 17hmr from Bud's for under $400. I'm really pleased with the fit and finish of the rifle. Feels like a centerfire. The "backwards" safety does take some getting used to. Accuracy was .75 MOA out of the box - and that was with the typical CZ trigger. I bought a cheap trigger kit (spring and pin) to install and I also plan on bedding the action. I fully expect my 3 shot groups to be at or under .5 MOA when I am finished with my tweeking.

i have a 40x hb that is going to be hard to hold on to once these come out.....

I called CZ and they will not be releasing them until after the 1st quarter of 2012, which I sure will actually be mid summer based on how things work in the gun industry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a 40x hb that is going to be hard to hold on to once these come out.....</div></div>
i thinks i'd hold on to the 40x, as it's almost what that cz (and others) is trying to be.

Except the 40x is not a repeater. Thats why I got rid of mine. My Rem. 540XR Target is next to go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just put my CZ452V up for sale so I could buy an Anschutz. I see this rifle and am on the fence about which rifle to buy. </div></div>

Funny, I sold my Anschutz to buy a CZ452V, and accessories, and a Manners T4 stock to match my centerfires for proper training, and had enough money left to pay for reloading components and travel to make a couple outta town matches.

the 455 varmint trainer is nice, I think manners is kinda overkill on a rimfire. Though it would be nice to have the same stock that's on my centerfire rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jay Park</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 455 varmint trainer is nice, I think manners is kinda overkill on a rimfire. <span style="font-weight: bold">Though it would be nice to have the same stock that's on my centerfire rifle </span></div></div>

That's the point! I shot mine today and was ringing steel at 200 offhand and kneeling, its SO much better as a training platform than in the wood Varminter stock!

If you think the Manners is overkill, I won't even tell you what scope's going on it-but you can probably guess since having it set up like my centerfire match guns is the entire point of the exercise...

I have an FFL and just went and looked at Sports south and they have both 455 and 452 in stock. I don't know exactly what you are looking for but let me know if I can help. Or if you know someone local with an FFL just have them look at SS. Duke

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jay Park</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 455 varmint trainer is nice, I think manners is kinda overkill on a rimfire. <span style="font-weight: bold">Though it would be nice to have the same stock that's on my centerfire rifle </span></div></div>

That's the point! I shot mine today and was ringing steel at 200 offhand and kneeling, its SO much better as a training platform than in the wood Varminter stock!

If you think the Manners is overkill, I won't even tell you what scope's going on it-but you can probably guess since having it set up like my centerfire match guns is the entire point of the exercise... </div></div>

Would that by chance be a USO 5-25?

I wish I had a trainer to match my MAK, scope and all. Been trying to practice with sling and positional. Gets expensive.

The trainer is one sexy rimfire. I am not a .22 shooter, but I like that one.

I opened the window for the varmint model and bit my tongue off. Not for me.

The price on the CZ trainer is not out of line at all IMO. I have a 455 American and have stuck $1200 into it.

$400 for the rifle
$600 for the scope+rings
$100 for the bipod
$50 for the Fat Wrench
$50 for odds and ends like swivels, pillars, etc...

OH, almost forgot, add another $200 for the first two cheapo scopes that were junk......$1400!!!! Get good stuff in the first place and save some money....

One could easily have a trainer AND $500 scope for that much.

I like where this is going. It's good to see them collaborating with Manners for a production run of rifles. Hopefully they sell well and keep coming.

But WHY...WHY won't Tom just inlet an MCS-T already?
laugh.gif
I just can't get into the bigger stocks.

Re: NEW CZ models (CZ455 Varmint Precision Trainer

Here is the CZ455 Varmint Precision Trainer I picked up today:

CZ455PrecisionTargeti.jpg

It's very well balanced, 20" bull barrel, tan Manners T4 stock and just over eight pounds as pictured.

Trigger has awful creep but that can be remedied pretty easily.

Cannot wait to get the DIP Picatinny rail installed as well as the nicer steel floorplate.

I also think she needs paint. Multi-Cam?

Way to go Chui! I didn't think I needed another 22 but I do!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TippyRacer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the big question is: how much for street price?? </div></div>
Between 775 and 800 so Ive seen.

lol @ dude saying CZ is most accurate rimfire, ever...

my savage fv with a chopped off barrel (17"...thank you piss poor gunsmith) dropped into a non-bedded tacticool (that's cracked)...will still group as well/better than my buddies 452, 453 AND 455.... he's since sold the 455 and 453 and has a threaded TR now

I really like my Klinsky Stocked CZ452 Ultra Lux ,it has Brno Target sights with a Gehmann 510 aperture,,shooting paper targets it will hang with most scoped 22 rifles I have shot,,

I have thought about scoping it just to see how it would really do,but it is fun to shoot with the sights

I probably have close to 900 in it,,not sure I would trade it for the Manners stocked 455.

eric566.jpg

eric567.jpg

25 yard target RWS 50

eric554.jpg

200/13X at 100

eric529.jpg

I have an older CZ trainer cheapo I bought for my boy to learn on and it's a great rifle and really accurate but the trigger has more creep than my mother-in-law and is probably about 10 pound pull.
How are the newer CZ triggers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: in2deep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an older CZ trainer cheapo I bought for my boy to learn on and it's a great rifle and really accurate but the trigger has more creep than my mother-in-law and is probably about 10 pound pull.
How are the newer CZ triggers? </div></div>

if that is a 452 Military Trainer/Special,you should be able to get a clean no creep trigger with a pull weight as low as you want,,

got to rimfire central and search the Poor Mans trigger Job version 2 ..

That's the one..... it was cheap but not as nice of a stock as the 452's but I think it shoots as good....
Will check out the Rimfire forum-thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TippyRacer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the big question is: how much for street price?? </div></div>
Between 775 and 800 so Ive seen. </div></div>

Just saw one last weekend on the shelf in Fargo for $850. Sweet little rifle, but for that price I think i will just stick a Tacticool on my 452.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: in2deep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's the one..... it was cheap but not as nice of a stock as the 452's but I think it shoots as good....
Will check out the Rimfire forum-thanks.
</div></div>

the Trainer is a 452,,do you have a 513 Farmer or a Scout,,if it is the 513 you are stuck with the trigger as is,,but all 452 triggers are the same,,Rifle Basix makes an adjustable sear ,and DIP makes a version also to adjust the creep or you can do the PMTJ mods and get the same results for nearly zero money

adjustable sear to remove creep
http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156618&CAT=3600

springs to adjust pull weight and stronger firing pin spring

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155986&CAT=3600

I emailed the guy that makes these stocks and never got a reply... i am interested in one....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol @ dude saying CZ is most accurate rimfire, ever...

my savage fv with a chopped off barrel (17"...thank you piss poor gunsmith) dropped into a non-bedded tacticool (that's cracked)...will still group as well/better than my buddies 452, 453 AND 455.... he's since sold the 455 and 453 and has a threaded TR now </div></div>

lol at your ambitious bashing of an entire manufacturer based on a whopping 3 individual exmaples, all owned by the same person. What if he didn't maintain them? What if he tinkered and boogered something up? What if he's a poor shot and you're not as accurate with his systems as you are with your own due to fit, familiarity, idiosyncrasies and nuances?

CZ has earned worldwide acclaim by shooters of all types for a reason. Do they make the most accurate rimfire EVER? I don't know, probably not, but they sure as heck got something right.