• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New CZ rifle series ?

As someone with a little familiarity of the previously wide array of models CZ has produced this looks depressing.

It looks like these are the only centerfire models they intend to offer in the future.

Basic model: Alpha
Hunting: Lux
Precision: Range
Compact: Trail

I can imagine they might add something back or increase the models in the 600 range, but ... damn.

As someone with a little familiarity of the previously wide array of models CZ has produced this looks depressing.

It looks like these are the only centerfire models they intend to offer in the future.

Basic model: Alpha
Hunting: Lux
Precision: Range
Compact: Trail

I can imagine they might add something back or increase the models in the 600 range, but ... damn.
But will they introduce anything new under the Colt name?

But will they introduce anything new under the Colt name?
Depends.

If its just for .mil contracts (and existing product lines) maybe not.

One of their priorities would/should be getting the fuck out of Connecticut before the next bogus lawsuit.

Now a Colt Precision Rifle? That still looks like a productive bandwagon and they have their own precision chassis for the 457 line, so they could presumably slap some AR internals in that. Or they could have a 600 precision come out with more features (stock, etc.) than the trail. Another option.

Last edited:
I got a Colt Sauer back in 1980, I'd love to see those come back. Anything with some wood on it as well.

Depends.

If its just for .mil contracts (and existing product lines) maybe not.

One of their priorities would/should be getting the fuck out of Connecticut before the next bogus lawsuit.

Now a Colt Precision Rifle? That still looks like a productive bandwagon and they have their own precision chassis for the 457 line, so they could presumably slap some AR internals in that. Or they could have a 600 precision come out with more features (stock, etc.) than the trail. Another option.

Glad I already own a 527 .204, a 22 Hornet, and 17 Hornet … yeah, I’m one of those tiny penis weirdos. Wait, tiny penis guys compensate by owning stupidly huge trucks and by shooting deer with 20mm autocannons…therefore my penis must be ‘uge! Right? No? Ok.

Speaking of small-caliber woes, Tikka dropped the .204 for the US market, and maybe for international markets too. Their site sucks, one marketing pages some calibers “look” like they have an actual rifle associated with them…but when you use their Tikka chooser tool certain calibers disappear.

Reactions: Digetydog
I am happy to see the new 600 line come out as it looks pretty interesting. Hopefully it wont be hard to get aftermarket barrel. Especially since they use a quick change barrel system. Stoked that they are finally using something other then 1-9 twist for 223/5.56! Unfortunately wish it had mags to be able to feed longer then AR mag length rounds to take advantage of that. Say what you want about the 527 mags, they did allow a good OAL length for cartridges. Or at least i remember that for the 6.5 grendel ones.

Just sad to see the 527 line go away as i really wanted a 527 Varmint MTR in 6.5 grendel at minimum( really salty about missing the 557 urban counter-sniper as well) . I really hope they add more calibers as they have some pretty interesting ones. Like the range model being in 6mm creedmoor and not 6.5. I really hope they offer more like the 300blk and 6.5 grendel in the future, maybe even 6mm ARC. As someone who missed out on a brand new 527 suppressor ready in 300blk because of being in-between jobs at the time. The Trail model would be perfect in 300blk. Chop the barrel to just in front of the handguard and it would make a perfect pack gun. Or better yet, just come out with a pistol version!

Two questions i have. What magazines will the Range model be using? Hopefully AICS pattern mags. I really hope the trail model has better then 2 MOA accuracy, especially in 223/5.56. Maybe it is just an average accuracy with ball ammo since that is what most people will be using, especially with the AR mag compatibility? Plus it is also in 7.62x39 and i don't remember what kind of accuracy the old 527 got, but i think i remember it about that with steel case ball and MOA with good brass stuff.

Reactions: Stickshift
I am happy to see the new 600 line come out as it looks pretty interesting. Hopefully it wont be hard to get aftermarket barrel. Especially since they use a quick change barrel system. Stoked that they are finally using something other then 1-9 twist for 223/5.56! Unfortunately wish it had mags to be able to feed longer then AR mag length rounds to take advantage of that. Say what you want about the 527 mags, they did allow a good OAL length for cartridges. Or at least i remember that for the 6.5 grendel ones.

Just sad to see the 527 line go away as i really wanted a 527 Varmint MTR in 6.5 grendel at minimum( really salty about missing the 557 urban counter-sniper as well) . I really hope they add more calibers as they have some pretty interesting ones. Like the range model being in 6mm creedmoor and not 6.5. I really hope they offer more like the 300blk and 6.5 grendel in the future, maybe even 6mm ARC. As someone who missed out on a brand new 527 suppressor ready in 300blk because of being in-between jobs at the time. The Trail model would be perfect in 300blk. Chop the barrel to just in front of the handguard and it would make a perfect pack gun. Or better yet, just come out with a pistol version!

Two questions i have. What magazines will the Range model be using? Hopefully AICS pattern mags. I really hope the trail model has better then 2 MOA accuracy, especially in 223/5.56. Maybe it is just an average accuracy with ball ammo since that is what most people will be using, especially with the AR mag compatibility? Plus it is also in 7.62x39 and i don't remember what kind of accuracy the old 527 got, but i think i remember it about that with steel case ball and MOA with good brass stuff.
Not sure about the magazines, but if they offer it in 300 BLK in a pistol format it would be a really handy setup for camping. 2 MOA guarantee is fine with me if I’m running a 2 MOA dot optic on it, as I would probably be shooting it on the fly offhand anyway and probably no farther than 100 yards or so.

Reactions: MDStroup
Not sure about the magazines, but if they offer it in 300 BLK in a pistol format it would be a really handy setup for camping. 2 MOA guarantee is fine with me if I’m running a 2 MOA dot optic on it, as I would probably be shooting it on the fly offhand anyway and probably no farther than 100 yards or so.
If a pistol version in 300blk gets released, I will rip my credit card out so fast it will catch fire. But for how much they are charging, I hope it is better then 2 moa. The 527 in 7.62x39 was easily under that with good brass case ammo.

I just have been wanting something in 300blk to try out my suppressor. It got approved before the cough heard round the world messed everything up and I haven't gotten to shoot it. But a pistol version would be amazing as I built my AR pistol for farm work because of the no loaded firearms and vehicles thing. Always aired on the side of caution with that. But a quiet bolt gun would be the jam at times.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
For shooting suppressed, I 100% prefer bolt guns over ARs. With good mag capacity and a 60deg bolt throw these should run pretty darned fast if you need follow-up shots.
Yeah, that is why i really hope they release one in 300blk someday. But 223 isnt a bad start. I just wish it would be a little cheaper. The 527 it was replacing had a MSRP of $850 and sold between $600 and $700. So these will be around a thousand or so. A bit much for me at the moment to spend on a toy. So will probably be a bit before i get one. Hopefully they have more options by then. Hoping for a pistol variant!

Had my LGS call his distributor for a 600 range in 6MM . Can't wait to see it.

Reactions: Harman117
I do believe demand level for other chamberings will determine future offerings. The 3 action lengths along with replacable bolt head makes it relatively easy to,accommodate chamberings such as 22 hornet, 17 hornet, 221 fireball, 300prc, etc.