• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater new discovery channel show. "American guns"

awz1287

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2011
North Carolina
hey guys,
I was watching discovery channel and saw an ad for a new gun show "American guns" it's on Monday at 10pm. any thoughts, I figure it's going to be like sons of guns so it may not be that great, with all the added "drama" and exaggerations for the non-gun community.

http://blogs.discovery.com/discovery-insider/2011/09/all-new-american-guns.html

one thing that's good is with all the new gun shows on major networks, maybe it will help promote more people to be pro-gun. Sons of Guns got 2 of my friends at work into guns when it first came out. like the third week one asked if I can take him to the range, and the other over heard and wanted to go too, they had fun, and now they both own their first guns.

Re: new discovery channel show. "American guns"

From the previews it looks a hell of a lot more promising than Sons does. They look like to be working on quality type guns, not making up random stuff that has already been produced for years. The pictures of the shop look like an actual establishment not just some hole in the wall store. THEY ACTUALLY USE CALIPERS lol thats a huge step for sons

I bet the liberals cant even turn on their tv's anymore

Watching it right now, first impressions are these guys have skills and personality. It doesnt seem to have the drama that is fed on the Sons of Guns show. And they actually build thier own shit it seems.

Plus the blond girls looks pretty hot I think. Will look her up and get back to you on that after I find some Bikini shots...

I swear I know the woman from somewhere, personally know her but I can't place where I would have met her or her twin sister....

I used to live 5 minutes away from that shop. I never bought anything there due to high prices and rude staff....doesn't look like anything has changed...

Well the show looks promising, a little fake drama BS but at least it real enough and they actually machine stuff as opposed to the inbreeds who can barely run a Dremel and only bolt shit together. But who cares about that shit here's the important stuff-->

Here's the girl/s (she's 17 so no nudes...yet)

2a8rivm.jpg

apji8m.jpg

nywoeb.jpg

27zi4vk.jpg

20gxx8w.jpg

np2avo.jpg

He said that 1876 was worth 25k, I was looking online, I think that guy is on the crack pipe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to live 5 minutes away from that shop. I never bought anything there due to high prices and rude staff....doesn't look like anything has changed... </div></div>

I do see what you mean by the prices. I guess the prices have to be high to afford a helicopter...lol
confused.gif

it was funny how the wife was just saying they need to keep track of money, to grow the business, because the are not where they need to be. when next thing you see the guy is loading up stacks of hundreds and saying he always has the helicopter on standby.

what about the rude staff, they seemed ok on tv, was it just an act, any experiences you want to share, just curious...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He said that 1876 was worth 25k, I was looking online, I think that guy is on the crack pipe. </div></div>

I think they're playing it up for the drama which is going to make it suck.

Watched it last night, wasn't very impressed at all. Show seems like it is just going to be another reality tv drama, rather then actually focusing on the guns. But I'm not really surprised.

I see they still have the explosions like sons of guns, I guess it's a requirement of discovery or something :-/

did anyone notice in the last part of the episode when the daughter was shooting how fast the dad grabbed the rifle away from her right when she shot the 3rd shot. what was up with that.

I watch it. It was ok. Better than sons of the gun. Only time will tell if it will get better

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AWZ1287</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
did anyone notice in the last part of the episode when the daughter was shooting how fast the dad grabbed the rifle away from her right when she shot the 3rd shot. what was up with that. </div></div>

Yeah that was weird, I would never do that to my kid. Time will tell but I suspect there is some weird family BS going on in the background.

We were hoping, here, that this show might have a chance. So far, only seems to be a half-a-step up from them Purple Coat'ers.

or Green Parka'ers

or Red Jacket'ers

Whichever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF is going here are we trying to promote child pronz? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 20pt">That's what I love about these high school girls man, I get older, they stay the same age
-David Wooderson</span></div></div>
Pretty sure its legal game in Colorado......
grin.gif

2a8rivm.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke[quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 20pt">That's what I love about these high school girls man, I get older, they stay the same age
-David Wooderson</span></div></div>

Fucking Classic!

Between the Mom's huge fake boobs and the young ones nice ass, I would be in the head all day handling my business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AWZ1287</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what about the rude staff, they seemed ok on tv, was it just an act, any experiences you want to share, just curious...</div></div>

I went in there a few years back when I was looking for an AR-15. I asked if they could order me a Bushmaster or DPMS rifle. The guy behind the counter (I don't remember who it was) straight out told me everything except Colt's were junk and didn't offer me any help beyond that.

Guess they're more interested in their ego's than selling guns or pleasing the customer...

On the other hand just a couple miles away is Tom & Joe's Firearms. The shop is tiny, but the have some of the best prices and from my experience the most helpful staff around. They sell ALOT of guns there and there shop is always busy...

Tom & Joe's Firearms Inc.&#8206;
12627 West 32nd Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033-5252
(303) 231-0998

So if anyone is in the area, don't waste your time with Gunsmoke and try any of the other great shops in Denver or Colorado Springs.

next time im in colorado i'm going there for some serious motor boatin

and FYI, after some title searching and polls, Discovery decided "American Guns" was more PC than the original name of "American Titties"

The owner definitely knew his stuff but was an asshole. He was blatantly trying to screw some of the people over that he was buying guns from in my opinion. I loved his line, 30,000 dollar sale on a gun I made 22,000 dollars for is not a large profit margin. That is a pretty huge profit margin when there was no overhead on that particular sale. Nearly 30 percent Profit margin.

anyone else notice the bottles of booze in his office?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone else notice the bottles of booze in his office? </div></div>

yeah I saw that, he had a table full of bottles. most were half empty so he must be drinking at work...

I saw it and it made me wonder if it was legal that the Daughter was carrying pretty much the whole show. I don't know the laws but I would assume you'd need to at lest be 18 for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw it and it made me wonder if it was legal that the Daughter was carrying pretty much the whole show. I don't know the laws but I would assume you'd need to at lest be 18 for that. </div></div>

Parental Supervision maybe....

The way your thinking there would not be the chance for younger kids to compete in the pistol comps. Granted its not competing but her old man owns the gun shop and she is under his supervision.

Not impressed wtih the A-hole dad.

It's goign to take them 3 seasons to settle it down and quit acting..

I wouldn't shop there, well maybe I'd window shop.

I called Red Jacket and asked about a supressor for my 9mm, $1800

It's all about the drama and money.

Anyone notice that stephanie on red jacket has put on a few pounds?

He sure paid a lot for the Peacemaker. I've got an 1888 Peacemaker the Yul Brenner presented to Eli Wallach in the 1960s after having it customized to suit him by Zule Arms that I believe was in NY. It's gold plated with Tiffany grip. I'd love to get $22,000 for it but I don't think that would ever happen.

I'm really torn on this show, I watched it again last night and on one hand i do like looking at some boobies, and I like that they actually make real shootable realistic shit, not like sons of cock suckers.

BUT, seriously 10K to make a SAA? and why manufacter your own receiver, I dont understand the point, and for 10K they can suck my left nut.

Also, stop playing up the money making fued with boobs and dad, YOU FLY A FUCKING HELICOPTER TO LOOK AT COLLECTIONS, no one believes your hurting or on the verge of financial ruin, reffer back to the 10K replica SAA

Like I said in the other thread , there are a bunch of smiths in town here that make a good living working on the stuff they " fix "and a buddy said it best when you shake hands with Richie count your fingers . Richie is doing what he does best self promotion and running on someone else's dime .

I was called to see if "we" wanted to be involved with an episode. I did my research and declined.

There are plenty of professionals in the gun industry in the Colorado region who have a great track record and no drama.

Well, I made it through a few episodes and I'm bored...

CNCing out a frame and then bolting a bunch of catalog parts onto it makes me wonder why they didn't just order the frame too. I had high hopes for this show but the helicopter shit is over the top and the way the dad acts is really weird. I don't think I'm going to tune in to this show anymore, it's a waste of an hour and there's far better wastes of an hour on TV.

We saw one episode of the "sons of guns" show, and blatantly decided to never think of watching that crap again.

We then just finished our second episode of this "American Guns" show, and have again vowed to not do that again either.

So what is going on down there in AmeriYank Land? Ya'll are either real real stupid and the networks are matching that with similar programming, OR ya'll are too smart for your own good and the media-mind-controllers are trying to numb you and dumb you down. Which is it?

wink.gif

Seriously though, what the heck is that crap doing, and why does it exist? At least Top-Shot has interesting firearms AND challenges that affection-ado's can appreciate. Except for the soap-operas, that is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CNCing out a frame and then bolting a bunch of catalog parts onto it makes me wonder why they didn't just order the frame too.</div></div>

Re: the frame - I'm pretty sure they did just that. When they deliver it to the preacher, he is fondling it and when he rolls it over you can catch a glimpse of the Colt pony and patent dates on the left side of the frame in front of the screws (thanks to HD and frame advance). What, so Gunsmoke duplicates the Colt SAA right down to the actual markings?? Bet Colt would love that trademark infringement. This is all totally faked just as Sons of Guns was caught doing. It's all drama and special fx. Like when they blow up the organ, then show the slow mo again and it's a totally different synth design being torched.

Guess Discovery really perfected the gunshow formula with SOGs as this show is in the toilet from episode 1. Let's see, someone comes in wanting something readily available elsewhere, the dealer says he can make one from scratch (aka never been done before) but this will cost extra, tells the shop monkeys to drop everything as this is a rush job, they work, they screw something up, boss gets mad and verbally abuses the shop monkeys, cut to commmercial, then shazaam - a miracle job and it's fixed/duracoated just in the nick of time as the buyer shows up, buyer just has to shoot it, buyer shoots one round and then oogles for the camera (or in the case of the knuckleduster, wets his pants), the dealer then says something to the effect of 'boy have I got a target for you ... just set it up myself (not to mention the perfectly positioned high speed HD camera for capturing said 'money' shot), and boom, another succesful episode is in the can. Crap .... after penning that I realized I too could write for Discovery.

You probably could write for Discovery.

That said, I torn between this show. I find it mildly entertaining, and I like seeing the guns, but at the same time I feel like I shouldn't be watching a show that's about a gun shop with such a horrible reputation.

I never thought another show could make Sons of Guns look good. These producers better wake up and realise that the scripting is disgustingly transparent and anoying. I at least tolerate an episode of SOg every now and then. 1 episode of this BS was enough for me for EVER!

It sucks that they parents are basically using the 17 year old daughter dressed like Daisy Duke to boost ratings. If she were my daughter I would not let the producers dress her like that and parade her around. It is just makes them look like sellouts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobcatT870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sucks that they parents are basically using the 17 year old daughter dressed like Daisy Duke to boost ratings. If she were my daughter I would not let the producers dress her like that and parade her around. It is just makes them look like sellouts </div></div>

Rich is a toolbag, met the guy once, dont care to again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoltOveride</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobcatT870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sucks that they parents are basically using the 17 year old daughter dressed like Daisy Duke to boost ratings. If she were my daughter I would not let the producers dress her like that and parade her around. It is just makes them look like sellouts </div></div>

Rich is a toolbag, met the guy once, dont care to again. </div></div>

Especially now, when he's actually being "paid" to be a classless and clueless idiot.

Just the type of spokesman/ambassador that our "field" or "sport" needs. He's earned the "red" jacket, similar to the "green" one that they give away in golf. There's a status to aspire to, eh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobcatT870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sucks that they parents are basically using the 17 year old daughter dressed like Daisy Duke to boost ratings. If she were my daughter I would not let the producers dress her like that and parade her around. It is just makes them look like sellouts </div></div>

They are his "kids" by marriage only. Dunno what the mom is thinking. Judging by her wardrobe tho the nut hasn't fallen far from the tree. TV is the last place anyone should be applying common sense and decency.

Think about it this way, guys.

It's a good thing. It's called "normalization" among leftists, marxists, in education and social sciences.

It's how the left has "normalized" for example, abortion on demand up to and including at birth, unwed moms, homosexuality, and the plethora of social ills and degeneracies that a century or progressive-led politics and socialization has created.

By showing gun owners, gunsmiths, their families, their business as a mom and pop unit, "NORMAL" by many standards, just ho-hum business as usual, this further entrenches guns, and gun ownership and our culture, our American culture, into the national zeitgeist again, which is as it should be.

But I can't watch the show. It's pure cheese and cheesecake and I haven't lusted after mindless cheerleader-type 15 year old blondes since I was, um, like, 13.

As for "normalization," THIS is what should be normal, IMHO:
The Atlanta Declaration

"Every man, woman, and responsible child has an unalienable individual, civil, Constitutional, and human right to obtain, own, and carry, openly or concealed, any weapon -- rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything -- any time, any place, without asking anyone's permission."

by L. Neil Smith

WeaponsCon I, Atlanta, Georgia, September 1987

Future of Freedom Conference, Culver City, California November, 1987

Did anyone else think it was lame when he dropped a 10oz silver bar on his $10k stack of cash? Like a $300 bar of silver is going to sweeten the deal for a full auto BAR?

All the noobs at work told me I had to watch it. Made it ten minutes into the show and realized its just another show full of useless drama and half assed special effects.

Watched my recorded espisode of the SAA last night. I'm done! The banter back and forth about the husband spending too much money, buying the BAR for $10k pls $300 in silver, Flying around in choppers to do gun deals, and the BS way he talks to his guys and says, "Everytime I go down in the basement I teach them something" is more than I care to see.

On a side note, If any of you have a FA BAR that is civillian legal to own, I will give $10k for it, Just sayin.