• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Elisio Modular stock requested by USMC

chrisj

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2005
Naples, FL
Gary Elisio of www.competitionshootingstuff.com has a new modular stock that accepts Remington 700 and clone actions. The USMC has tested his long action stock (RT10) for future use as a sniper rifle system. The USMC requested the same stock that accomadates a 700 short action that accepts AICS magazines (Remington RTS). He will have a few more available around October. He is making a limited amount for the civilian market. Price is around $1000. These stocks are doing extremely well in highpower comps! I have NO affiliation with this company whatsoever...I just wanted to pass along the info.. Gary Elisio is a great guy to deal with also and stands behind his products.

One more thing....You can change barreled actions over in minutes, so you can have a 223, 308, short mags, etc...without having to buy numerous stocks.

Re: New Elisio Modular stock requested by USMC

Kinda look likes the MAK tubegun. Would like to see the writup the Marines gave.

The MAK Doesn't come with a stock and the MAK needs to have the action glued to it, the RTS is a simple bolt on. The Marines must like it to some extent if they tested the RT10 long action stock and then requested the RTS short action stock.

When they gonna learn a tactical rifle needs to be shot from both sides at the same time...

Tell Gary, if you can't transition to your support side because they used a 1 sided cheek rest, it is of no use to a tactical shooter, especially an operational one. And because they haven't looked that far ahead, doesn't mean its not necessary.

The USMC is currently testing about 9 different Tube/Chassis Stocks. This is only one of the 9. Thay have not decided on any one stock yet. Nor given any results of any testing.

I agree with you Frank on the Cheek rest. I can't imagine by looking at the cheek setup that it would be all that difficult to make fabricate an ambidextrous cheek rest. I can't comment on the durability of the stock for serious military use, but it feels just like an AR/M16 and it is durable enough for the average shooter punching paer and banging steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chase Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What other stocks are the Marines testing?</div></div>

If you can think of a stock maker then very good chance they have submitted their stock for test and eval.

Thanks

the stocks being tested are all of the modular/tube gun type, so that limits who is in the pool. Mcree, Tac mod, Remington msr stock...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ambidextrious cheek piece? can do....anything else?</div></div>

Probably, but I would have to try one to tell you for sure... I am only going by a picture. I would probably have some idears for the stock as that seems like a tactical train wreck waiting to happen, but again, pictures, tough to say it might be the best thing since actionable videos on Sniper's Hide, but I'm not sure.

smile.gif

Send me one and when I'm done "testing" it. I'll give it to LL.... Promise
cool.gif

Chris you have one of these stocks?

I'm waiting on the RTS short action that accepts AICS mags. I have fired the R5 which is the same as the RTS aside from a few minor differences. I shoot a lot of AR and the Elisio stocks feel quite similar. I will let you know when I get it Rob and we can hit the range so you can check it out.

The stocks that the Marines are testing is only to see if the concept of modular/folding type stock is something they will benefit from. There will be no awards or contracts let from the results of their testing. Should the concept prove favorable to pursue, the Marines will then review their written guidelines that were given ealier and then open the doors for a true competition for a contract.

The pool of samples that they have now does not necessarily reflect every maker that may compete for any future needs based contract. I do not think that every stock in the competition will be of the modular/tube type. At least that is what I have heard.

TC

chrisj

What does the RTS weigh? Does it collapse or fold like most of teh marine test stocks? How do I order one?

Sounds good Chris.