• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New EnABELR

I read somewhere that there were issues with the brass but can't seem to find it again.
Low

I ran Rockwell B scale testing on the base of the brass faced off at the top of the flash hole. Numbers runs in the mid 50,s. About half hard. Not good. Good hard brass in that area runs in the low to mid 90,s. Explains the ejector extrusion visable with medium loads. I've tried to talk to someone @ Peterson, but this is a holiday week. Maybe more later or next week.
Alan

Reactions: Bradu
Low

I ran Rockwell B scale testing on the base of the brass faced off at the top of the flash hole. Numbers runs in the mid 50,s. About half hard. Not good. Good hard brass in that area runs in the low to mid 90,s. Explains the ejector extrusion visable with medium loads. I've tried to talk to someone @ Peterson, but this is a holiday week. Maybe more later or next week.
Alan

Myself and another EnABLER shooter always get ejector marks on light loads.

The issue is that there's a bunch more Cheytac around and it's tried and true for much more than a decade and gets more speed and there was no problem with it that needed to be "fixed" by a proprietary foreshortened round :)

Reactions: Bradu
I am not going to change from 375ct to 375 Ena. I am getting 2906 avg fps with SD of 6fps with 400 gr Lazer CE's. Using 129.3 gr of N570. I could push it harder but I have great 1/2 moa or better with my current round. I am not seeking to have a mag length round so I don't see the benefit for me. If i were try the Berger 407's I would expect them to be over 2900 FPS also. I think at 2800 fps with the 407's that just a little to slow for me. I know 100 fps doesn't sound like much but shooting out to 3000 yards or more that 100 fps adds up to a lot.

Reactions: jasent
I think there's a lot to like about the 375 CT, so I won't be switching either. With 400 gr CE Lazers I get 3050 fps with single digit SD's when running H50 BMG. Like GIXXER, I don't need to feed from a magazine. Moreover, the only restriction I want on bullet seating depth are the lands so I can optimize fully.

I love the SMK with CT within a mile, 352 CEB beyond that, but I think the 390 ATIP will be a game changer. Especially for hunting.

Reactions: DAVETOOLEY
the 37 xc does not have enough capacity for that matter nor does the 375 enabelr but at least its a mag feed. my view is the 338 xc is better then the 338 enabelr but the 375 enabelr is better then the 37 xc its all about optimized capacity . both the xc and the enabelr would be better as 358 caliber that's why I designed the 358 Jager many years ago. but sence revises to be named the disabler lol and yes there is a 358 bullet with bc in the 1.000's

the 37 xc does not have enough capacity for that matter nor does the 375 enabelr but at least its a mag feed. my view is the 338 xc is better then the 338 enabelr but the 375 enabelr is better then the 37 xc its all about optimized capacity . both the xc and the enabelr would be better as 358 caliber that's why I designed the 358 Jager many years ago. but sence revises to be named the disabler lol and yes there is a 358 bullet with bc in the 1.000's

Your exactly right!

In a tactical world the 375 enabler makes perfect sense since it's all about compromises... Design a mag feed platform around mission parameters that consider the best solution regarding carry weight, size, reliability, serviceability and consistent accuracy against a target that can shoot back. Optimized case capacity has to be considered when matching available temp resistant powders to tactical bullets vs barrel length.

ELR shooting disregards or downplays many of these compromises.

IMO The 338's are great out to 2000 meters. Yes, I know they can be shot accurately much farther but the ability to spot your misses can't be ignored. That's were the 375 and larger calibers enter the arena.

Reactions: secondofangle2
RCC Brass for the EnABELR
D72C9A99-41FD-4FC2-BDEF-B025588362C0.jpeg

Reactions: RyanO7 and Bradu
Weighted 13 pieces. Scale wasn’t warmed up so I’m not sure how valid this is. But oh well

23A15CC8-FBE5-40DE-B263-489623ABFC69.jpeg

MK2 AMP AZTEC RCC 375EnABLER
Pilot #88
Pilot Code 088A
Aztec annealing code generated = 0179

A66363A7-73CD-4183-8FAD-DA1827B2EC89.jpeg

From what was said in the video there is no way the head shot was on purpose. I would have been actually impressed if the shooter had been honest and just admitted he got lucky. If he had adjusted his elevation dope to Where the doe ended up he wouldn’t have connected at all.

I enjoy reading about these “improved” cartridges but sometimes we get caught up in little differences and forget that any of the top Elr shooters shooting an lowly unimproved 338 lapua would be hard For me to beat no matter what 375 or 416 cartridge I chose.

Okay okay.
I know Chase, and I know the exact spot where the deer was shot.
The deer was shot in Three Rivers Tx off county road 233. This particular range is almost completely protected from wind because of terrain shape and trees down the firing lane.
I have shot and made several impacts with an 18” OBR with 110 grn Varmegedon bullets at his 1500 yard plate. This place is my personal honey hole for load tuning with minimal wind deflection.

I 100% know for a fact it was an intensional shot. Because he couldn’t have missed by that much at this specific place aiming at vitals.

Reactions: deersniper
Okay okay.
I know Chase, and I know the exact spot where the deer was shot.
The deer was shot in Three Rivers Tx off county road 233. This particular range is almost completely protected from wind because of terrain shape and trees down the firing lane.
I have shot and made several impacts with an 18” OBR with 110 grn Varmegedon bullets at his 1500 yard plate. This place is my personal honey hole for load tuning with minimal wind deflection.

I 100% know for a fact it was an intensional shot. Because he couldn’t have missed by that much at this specific place aiming at vitals.

Yea, I call bullshit. There is wind even in an nfl super dome. Kickers miss field goals all the time simply bc of the wind in the building with the dome open and that is damn well better protected from wind than the spot the guy accidentally headshot the deer.

We can resolve this debate. Let's see him do it again. Head shot with range input 1000 yards after the deer has walked 42 steps towards or away from him.

Reactions: Geno C. and Bradu
Tell him next time state the point of aim before firing or sceptics like me won’t believe him.

One has to start somewhere with beliefs. The burden of proof is on those who wish for us to believe they intended to hit an unconventional point of aim.
babe ruth solved this by pointing to where he was going to hit the ball in the world series....and he did!!