Member Link Up  New England/New Hampshire

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    Tag. @NHPiper and I are both in southern NH. Have nods, clipons, etc. and are always looking for new people to shoot with.

View attachment 7498835
    I would love to pick your collective brains on the subject of NV. I want to buy my first piece of gear but having a hard time determining what that will be. I have never had an opportunity to look through a clip on or any NV equipment

WillHugh

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2017
    I would love to pick your collective brains on the subject of NV. I want to buy my first piece of gear but having a hard time determining what that will be. I have never had an opportunity to look through a clip on or any NV equipment
    Any time! We have a variety of night vision units between the two of us. Happy to meet up sometime and let you look through them.

I would suggest something head mounted first. Clipons are awesome, but a pvs-14 or a set of goggles will let you move around, drive, hike, etc., so much more versatile.

Nik H

Constantly Learning
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    Any time! We have a variety of night vision units between the two of us. Happy to meet up sometime and let you look through them.

I would suggest something head mounted first. Clipons are awesome, but a pvs-14 or a set of goggles will let you move around, drive, hike, etc., so much more versatile.
    I was thinking the same thing...plus I could put it on my AR10 and AR15 with the RAPTAR I bought and have a pretty slick platform

JHoff162

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 27, 2020
    I'm near NH seacoast, any range members or reccomendations for long range shooting in the area? I picked up my first bolt gun this year but haven't been able to take it out past 100 yards.

StrayDog

At large
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 25, 2010
    ME

XTR

F-TR junkie
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Sep 4, 2010
    Lebanon, NH
    www.onlinehumidor.com
    I'm near NH seacoast, any range members or reccomendations for long range shooting in the area? I picked up my first bolt gun this year but haven't been able to take it out past 100 yards.
    You are kind of beat for long range.

Keep in mind here that I shoot F Class. That’s NRA High Power Competition. most of this is round targets on rectangular fields.

Nashua Fish and game has 600 yards and holds matches in the late spring and summer.
    Keene holds a few 600 yard matches.
    Scarborough fishing game in Saco has 600 yards and hold matches in the spring and summer
    Charles Largay runs the matches @ Scarborough and has been running some fun long range and precision type matches on a private range to 900m near Conway, NH. Not sure where he posts them.
    Scarborough also held a NRL22 regional last yr. I think Charlie will do another one.

Alderbrook is a long range that has opened up on the NE side of NH, posted on a thread in here a while back. I have not shot there yet. Looking forward to it though.

Pemigewasset tried a few years back and got shut down by legal stuff lead by the owner of Common Man restaurants.

Forbes in Colonie NY holds 4 NRA long range matches a yr.

If you are willing to go to Mass with a firearm Reading has 600 yd matches.

JHoff162

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 27, 2020
    Thanks for the info! Scarborough is about an hour away and has open rifle events that are open to the public every few weekends. I may have to go and try out the range!

XTR

F-TR junkie
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Sep 4, 2010
    Lebanon, NH
    www.onlinehumidor.com
    It’s about 2+ hours east for me, I live over by Lebanon about 20 minutes from VT off of 89. It’s a typical New England you can’t get there from here. I have to drive all the way down to Manchester and pick up 101 and go over to 95 and go up.

When we go over to shoot at Barry’s in Conway it’s only about an hour and a half on 2 lanes

Reactions: AMGtuned

JHoff162

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 27, 2020
    It’s about 2+ hours east for me, I live over by Lebanon about 20 minutes from VT off of 89. It’s a typical New England you can’t get there from here. I have to drive all the way down to Manchester and pick up 101 and go over to 95 and go up.

When we go over to shoot at Barry’s in Conway it’s only about an hour and a half on 2 lanes
    I've done that drive many times actually, I have family over in Canaan and Hanover. 89 seems to never end

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA

What is "Barry's in Conway"?

One of my favorite travel destinations is Bartlett/ North Conway.

Reactions: AMGtuned

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    Anyone want to meet up for some night vision shooting? Based in Concord but happy to travel especially for steel targets and coyotes. Anyone have a good spot in southern or central NH?

Have PVS1531s and a spare pvs14, with a pvs27 to run on my rig. Can probably drag @WillHugh in too.

JBoomhauer

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2019
    That sounds fun, too bad I’m low on free time.

I’m looking into this, you guys might be interested.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Anyone want to meet up for some night vision shooting? Based in Concord but happy to travel especially for steel targets and coyotes. Anyone have a good spot in southern or central NH?

Have PVS1531s and a spare pvs14, with a pvs27 to run on my rig. Can probably drag @WillHugh in too.

@Nik H you are new to NV this might be a way for you to meet/greet/make friends......

benbangui

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 5, 2010
    @benbangui Night shennaigans?
    Ide be up for it.

greenline tactical was talking about doin a NV class in NH. But apparently the host backed out due to noise issues?

I’m up for meeting up and I would love if someone would host one of his classes.

I’m in!

7AD8DCFC-F7FD-4325-BE74-A30A605312CF.jpeg

Reactions: squib

WillHugh

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2017
    Just a bunch of dudes with guns meeting up in the woods at night, what could go wrong 😂

I think Greenline held a course at Ridgeline last year, not sure if there's anything on the docket for this year.

JHoff162

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 27, 2020
    Ridgeline is holding a night operator training in October 2021

Tritiumdials

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 29, 2020
    I’d attend this over the Greenline course.

benbangui

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 5, 2010
    I will be lookin into this for sure! thanks! edit: just looked it up, Dalton, NH got it

benbangui

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 5, 2010
    my problem now... is dalton is 5 hours from me. 2 day course, means im gonna need to stay somewhere for 4 nights. so not realistic for me :'(

I think the hardest thing is finding a place to shoot from evening into the night without worry. a 2-4 hour chunk of time. its nice to start in daylight, do drills and as it gets dark you can re do drills with nods. I have a friends place I can sight in and do a little night shooting. but I can't go all out and do drills for hours. technically I can, but its not very neighborly... so I tend not to.

I would definitely drive up for a 2-4 hour chunk of time just to shoot with some likeminded dudes.