• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New England/New Hampshire

Attachments

• 2FB2565E-A0AB-4D95-B04E-F7B2C5602AEC.jpeg
    2FB2565E-A0AB-4D95-B04E-F7B2C5602AEC.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 8E55CCFD-9BBE-4D6D-BD2E-2FF51156188D.jpeg
    8E55CCFD-9BBE-4D6D-BD2E-2FF51156188D.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 75057CCA-E601-49BB-9F98-EA2E222FD29A.jpeg
    75057CCA-E601-49BB-9F98-EA2E222FD29A.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 54
Tag. @NHPiper and I are both in southern NH. Have nods, clipons, etc. and are always looking for new people to shoot with.

View attachment 7498835
I would love to pick your collective brains on the subject of NV. I want to buy my first piece of gear but having a hard time determining what that will be. I have never had an opportunity to look through a clip on or any NV equipment

I would love to pick your collective brains on the subject of NV. I want to buy my first piece of gear but having a hard time determining what that will be. I have never had an opportunity to look through a clip on or any NV equipment
Any time! We have a variety of night vision units between the two of us. Happy to meet up sometime and let you look through them.

I would suggest something head mounted first. Clipons are awesome, but a pvs-14 or a set of goggles will let you move around, drive, hike, etc., so much more versatile.

I’m in NH too. Any of you guys want to link up?

Any time! We have a variety of night vision units between the two of us. Happy to meet up sometime and let you look through them.

I would suggest something head mounted first. Clipons are awesome, but a pvs-14 or a set of goggles will let you move around, drive, hike, etc., so much more versatile.
I was thinking the same thing...plus I could put it on my AR10 and AR15 with the RAPTAR I bought and have a pretty slick platform

I'm near NH seacoast, any range members or reccomendations for long range shooting in the area? I picked up my first bolt gun this year but haven't been able to take it out past 100 yards.

I'm near NH seacoast, any range members or reccomendations for long range shooting in the area? I picked up my first bolt gun this year but haven't been able to take it out past 100 yards.
You are kind of beat for long range.

Keep in mind here that I shoot F Class. That’s NRA High Power Competition. most of this is round targets on rectangular fields.

Nashua Fish and game has 600 yards and holds matches in the late spring and summer.
Keene holds a few 600 yard matches.
Scarborough fishing game in Saco has 600 yards and hold matches in the spring and summer
Charles Largay runs the matches @ Scarborough and has been running some fun long range and precision type matches on a private range to 900m near Conway, NH. Not sure where he posts them.
Scarborough also held a NRL22 regional last yr. I think Charlie will do another one.

Alderbrook is a long range that has opened up on the NE side of NH, posted on a thread in here a while back. I have not shot there yet. Looking forward to it though.

Pemigewasset tried a few years back and got shut down by legal stuff lead by the owner of Common Man restaurants.

Forbes in Colonie NY holds 4 NRA long range matches a yr.

If you are willing to go to Mass with a firearm Reading has 600 yd matches.

Thanks for the info! Scarborough is about an hour away and has open rifle events that are open to the public every few weekends. I may have to go and try out the range!

Thanks for the info! Scarborough is about an hour away and has open rifle events that are open to the public every few weekends. I may have to go and try out the range!
Hour which way?

It’s about 2+ hours east for me, I live over by Lebanon about 20 minutes from VT off of 89. It’s a typical New England you can’t get there from here. I have to drive all the way down to Manchester and pick up 101 and go over to 95 and go up.

When we go over to shoot at Barry’s in Conway it’s only about an hour and a half on 2 lanes

Reactions: AMGtuned
It’s about 2+ hours east for me, I live over by Lebanon about 20 minutes from VT off of 89. It’s a typical New England you can’t get there from here. I have to drive all the way down to Manchester and pick up 101 and go over to 95 and go up.

When we go over to shoot at Barry’s in Conway it’s only about an hour and a half on 2 lanes
I've done that drive many times actually, I have family over in Canaan and Hanover. 89 seems to never end

What is "Barry's in Conway"?

One of my favorite travel destinations is Bartlett/ North Conway.

Barry’s is a private “range”. It’s a farm field that he keeps a few targets on.

Anyone want to meet up for some night vision shooting? Based in Concord but happy to travel especially for steel targets and coyotes. Anyone have a good spot in southern or central NH?

Have PVS1531s and a spare pvs14, with a pvs27 to run on my rig. Can probably drag @WillHugh in too.

That sounds fun, too bad I’m low on free time.

I’m looking into this, you guys might be interested.

Anyone want to meet up for some night vision shooting? Based in Concord but happy to travel especially for steel targets and coyotes. Anyone have a good spot in southern or central NH?

Have PVS1531s and a spare pvs14, with a pvs27 to run on my rig. Can probably drag @WillHugh in too.

@Nik H you are new to NV this might be a way for you to meet/greet/make friends......

Just a bunch of dudes with guns meeting up in the woods at night, what could go wrong 😂

I think Greenline held a course at Ridgeline last year, not sure if there's anything on the docket for this year.

Just a bunch of dudes with guns meeting up in the woods at night, what could go wrong 😂

I think Greenline held a course at Ridgeline last year, not sure if there's anything on the docket for this year.
Good thing I'm scared of the dark.

Reactions: Mudflap621
Ridgeline is holding a night operator training in October 2021

I’d attend this over the Greenline course.

I will be lookin into this for sure! thanks! edit: just looked it up, Dalton, NH got it

my problem now... is dalton is 5 hours from me. 2 day course, means im gonna need to stay somewhere for 4 nights. so not realistic for me :'(

I think the hardest thing is finding a place to shoot from evening into the night without worry. a 2-4 hour chunk of time. its nice to start in daylight, do drills and as it gets dark you can re do drills with nods. I have a friends place I can sight in and do a little night shooting. but I can't go all out and do drills for hours. technically I can, but its not very neighborly... so I tend not to.

I would definitely drive up for a 2-4 hour chunk of time just to shoot with some likeminded dudes.

Just an FYI, Shooters outpost has a decent selection of ammo/bullets/powder considering the times. I picked up some Hornady 6.5 creedmoor ELDM for $36 a box and IMR 4451 for under $30 per pound

Just an FYI, Shooters outpost has a decent selection of ammo/bullets/powder considering the times. I picked up some Hornady 6.5 creedmoor ELDM for $36 a box and IMR 4451 for under $30 per pound

See any varget?

The parking lot was full when they opened at 10 so I would call before they close and be there first thing the next morning

I’ve Taken a few classes at ridgeline, if you can swing it you won’t be disappointed, and I can’t recommend it enough. There is a hotel 15 mins from the range as well FYI

I got up to Alderbrook for the first time yesterday. It's a nice place. The terrain however doesn't lend itself to spotting misses with brush everywhere. I couldn't connect at 530 odd yards. I had to be close, but up, down, left, right - no idea, no splash and I couldn't see any trace.

First time out on a non-square range and where shooting prone is not really an option. I have much work to do on positional shooting.

The flies and the ticks were both out in force.

I'm going to try to get out there monthly. It's about a 2 hour haul from the southern end of the state. My local range goes to 400 and it's 20 mins door to door for me.

Anyone else here head up there regularly?

Last edited:
Looking to put in for a membership this month. @NHPiper and I regularly shoot 1,000 yards and have spotting setups. Shoot me a message next time you're heading up if you'd some company/ spotting assistance.

Will

Looking to put in for a membership this month. @NHPiper and I regularly shoot 1,000 yards and have spotting setups. Shoot me a message next time you're heading up if you'd some company/ spotting assistance.

Will

Theres a decent hotel we stayed at about 15 min away with rooms for 80 a night and two beds. Plus good off roading. Love to make a weekend out of it.

Do they allow night shooting with NODS?

I got up to Alderbrook for the first time yesterday. It's a nice place. The terrain however doesn't lend itself to spotting misses with brush everywhere. I couldn't connect at 530 odd yards. I had to be close, but up, down, left, right - no idea, no splash and I couldn't see any trace.

First time out on a non-square range and where shooting prone is not really an option. I have much work to do on positional shooting.

I'm going to try to get out there monthly. It's about a 2 hour haul from the southern end of the state. My local range goes to 400 and it's 20 mins door to door for me.

I shoot there occasionally, but don't get out there that often.

Theres a decent hotel we stayed at about 15 min away with rooms for 80 a night and two beds. Plus good off roading. Love to make a weekend out of it.

The ranges close at sundown.

Because of family commitments I would pass on an overnight, but I'm certainly up for making a day of it.

I dont know if they let you set steel or its already in place but when I shoot in the wild I suffer the same concern.

Last time out in KD land with nothing but bushes for backstop I was using Magnetospeed target lights. by flashing near misses I was able to get on steel reasonably easy.

Disregard if the down range is closed to shooters or you cant hang your own steel.

$80 a night hotel rooms in MA are the places where the state warehouses people and Hunter Biden combs the rugs for crack scraps.

I’d be in for heading up I’m in ossipee nh or shooting anywhere my local range only gos to 100. Iv heard about a place in Conway that people shoot distance I’d love to get location and details about shooting there