• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New England/New Hampshire

Thread bump...

Southern NH (Manchester area), am a member of Pemi Valley F&G where 300 yards is as long as it gets, though they do have some steel out at around 500.

I'm always game to meet up with others.

Salem here...Shoot at Pelhams 600 and on the power lines whenever I have time to get out.

I'm in CT, Granby MA has a 1000 yard range, I think I'll be a member of that club soon its well worth the drive. the club is called Granby Bow and gun club.

Central MA, member at Southboro R&G with only 100yd range. Looking to get into bolt guns and find a club to use one.

Central MA, member at Southboro R&G with only 100yd range. Looking to get into bolt guns and find a club to use one.

Look at Harvard Sportsman club.

About 6 short exits north of you at the junction of Rt 495 and Rt 2.

They have a 300 yard range.

Im there most weekend afternoons on my way home from work.

NH native but I retired near Ft Bragg NC when I got out of the Army.

Born and raised in Lancaster NH , but our house was across the river in VT.

I still come up to visit family, my Mom lives in Groveton NH and my Dad lives in West Danville VT on Joes pond.

I live in RI and the club at 100 Woodcock Rd in Dartmouth MA has a 500 yard range. Go there a lot even though it is a bit rustic. It actually belongs to the city of New Bedford, MA. Many police departments train there. They have a separate area for them.

The other club I go to in Tiverton, RI has a 200 yard range and has amazing facilities.

When I lived in the Lakes Region of NH, I was a member of Sunset Mountain Fish and Game in Canterbury for years. It's a great club to be a member of and they have a 500 yard range as well as pistol bays, a pigeon thrower, archery and an indoor pistol range. It's 100 yards off I-93 at exit 17.

When I moved to a border town, I dropped my membership. It wasn't so much the 1+ hour drive but that life got in the way. I did join Nashua Fish and Game for their long range (1,000 yards?), but you have to qualify with the range director first. That is offered on late Thursday mornings. It's very convenient as long as you don't have a job. There is also a range in Pelham or Plaistow (can't remember which) that just expanded their 600 to 1,000 recently.

Now I'm in upstate SC and the DNR has public ranges scattered across the state, but almost all are limited to 100 yards. I think it's a tough proposition to run a club for longer range when the government offers free access that covers the needs of 90% or more of all shooters.

I've been here in SC for 2-1/2 years and I've got a line on a range in northeast GA that has a 400 yard range, but they do have a 1,000 yard match once a month. It'll be worth the 90 minute drive.

Wife and I considering relocating to Bedford, NH but this thread makes me rethink. I do t want to give up what I have here in NC with Frontline Defense.

That is a change for sure. What is driving you to move to Bedford NH? High property taxes

I currently live in Raleigh and commute to NY for work. If i move i can switch to Boston and drive to work. the property taxes are high but its about the equivalent of my state income taxes so its a wash with the no state income tax in NH. they get you one way or another.

NH is a great state.

It suffers some from the same thing effecting the rest of the country....

No southern border security to keep interlopers from the next state south out. Than once the carpet baggers move up there they refuse to integrate and want to make NH into MA.

Ill be going North to North Conway to ski and snow shoe this weekend leaving my 8 and 9 year old behind in hopes NH has DACA and Chain Migration.

I currently live in Raleigh and commute to NY for work. If i move i can switch to Boston and drive to work. the property taxes are high but its about the equivalent of my state income taxes so its a wash with the no state income tax in NH. they get you one way or another.

That is a TOUGH drive if you are driving to Boston proper on a daily basis. I live in Southern RI and drive to Lowell, MA 3 days a week. Morning drive is easy but afternoon can get a bit challenging. The drive to Boston is bad both times a day unless you are working off hours.

pmclaine is correct though. NH is a really nice state. More the central and upper part than the Southern part by MA. The southern part is full of transplants. They did to NH what Californians did to CO

Reactions: seansmd
That is a TOUGH drive if you are driving to Boston proper on a daily basis. I live in Southern RI and drive to Lowell, MA 3 days a week. Morning drive is easy but afternoon can get a bit challenging. The drive to Boston is bad both times a day unless you are working off hours.

pmclaine is correct though. NH is a really nice state. More the central and upper part than the Southern part by MA. The southern part is full of transplants. They did to NH what Californians did to CO

Nah. Only 2-3 times a month. I travel for work.

Grantham, NH here.
Interested in shooting at Granby in the coming year. A colleague at work had been and confirms the 1000 yard range is open.

Granby Club itself is still open. The range >300 yds is closed. Was a member there until this Jan. Website still shows closed.

*edited for typo

Hey all,
Northern Kingdom here, in Lebanon, NH... Was a member of Pemi, but with having to drive almost 3 hrs one-way to see the lady on weekends, I didn't have time to make it up there. Gonna try my luck at the club in W. Lebanon, anyone know anything about that one other than what the site info has on it...?

Actually, glad to hear Nashua has a 600yd range, what's the name of the club? I'm hoping to move down there soon, regardless of MA transplants, I can deal with them.

I'm in York County Maine. I shoot at the North Berwick Rod and Gun Club, although they only have a 100 yd range. The South Berwick Rod and Gun Club has a 200 yd range. Still looking for longer ranges.

Reactions: Monk Medic
Coastal Maine here.
300 yard range at my rifle club.
Nice range, but they require use of a bench, rather than prone or alternative position.
Always looking for something further, 500-750, so far I can only get that a SIG.

Always interested in meeting other local shooters.
I'm on the range 2-3 days a week, come sun, rain, or snow.
Reach out to me via PM if you'd like to link up or chat.
Cheers!
IMG_6210 2.jpg

Reactions: AMGtuned
For as much land mass as Maine has, the number of rifle ranges is remarkably small.
Challenge with most of the ranges at clubs is they are set up for hunters, who rarely shoot further than 300 yards or so.
Very few have club steel, which is really needed past 300 yards, otherwise you're spending more time traveling to the target than shooting.

Granby Club itself is still open. The range >300 yds is closed. Was a member there until this Jan. Website still shows closed.

*edited for typo

Granby now has steel to 500yds. They offer monthly club rimfire and centerfirePRS style match and NRL rimfire match.

Ive heard rumor that whole debacle that shut Granby down is quite the crime.....a developer wanting land, town official offered big job by developer but declines because it would be "unethical" so his daughter gets job (WTF?) and club gets screwed with for minor permitting issues and a cease and desist order.

Govt top to bottom needs a reset but MA is a one party state and it will never happen.

Ive heard rumor that whole debacle that shut Granby down is quite the crime.....a developer wanting land, town official offered big job by developer but declines because it would be "unethical" so his daughter gets job (WTF?) and club gets screwed with for minor permitting issues and a cease and desist order.

Govt top to bottom needs a reset but MA is a one party state and it will never happen.

I was under the impression it was due to noise. The club remained in operation only at a diminished capacity. MA sure has some weird laws/practices.

I was under the impression it was due to noise. The club remained in operation only at a diminished capacity. MA sure has some weird laws/practices.

Noise was one of the excuses although in MA gun clubs are specifically protected regards noise complaints. The bigger issue was a constructed cover at a concrete apron shooting mat. Apparently incomplete permits for a shed roof - fine tear it down if you must and start again but closing down the club is not the remedy.

There was also a developer wanting to buy the property and some collusion with town officials if the rumor I heard is legit.

Noise was one of the excuses although in MA gun clubs are specifically protected regards noise complaints. The bigger issue was a constructed cover at a concrete apron shooting mat. Apparently incomplete permits for a shed roof - fine tear it down if you must and start again but closing down the club is not the remedy.

There was also a developer wanting to buy the property and some collusion with town officials if the rumor I heard is legit.

Sounds like crony capitalism at it finest.

Sounds like crony capitalism at it finest.

Id like to get further confirmation from anyone thats a member.

Took a class there last June great time. Spoke with Pres of the club for hours in the evening as I camped out there.

Hope they get it worked out.

I’m in Portsmouth, shoot in Scarborough. I’d like to find some steel because this f class nonsense is boring

Id like to get further confirmation from anyone thats a member.

Took a class there last June great time. Spoke with Pres of the club for hours in the evening as I camped out there.

Hope they get it worked out.

We opened up a old lane that goes out to 503yd, 22nrl matches and centerfire prs matches are every month till winter. They may have shut down are hilltop position but this doesn't mean we can't see r targets out past 500. Some type of resolution will come shortly, Shooting positions have been the same since the club opened 60 years ago. They can't tell us where we can put our targets as long as we're shooting in the same direction/postions as originally intended. They will lose the case and they know it?

Reactions: pmclaine
We opened up a old lane that goes out to 503yd, 22nrl matches and centerfire prs matches are every month till winter. They may have shut down are hilltop position but this doesn't mean we can't see r targets out past 500. Some type of resolution will come shortly, Shooting positions have been the same since the club opened 60 years ago. They can't tell us where we can put our targets as long as we're shooting in the same direction/postions as originally intended. They will lose the case and they know it?

Whats the deal on the talk of the shady town employee and the real estate developer?

Good to hear you are getting a handle on this, great club.

Whats the deal on the talk of the shady town employee and the real estate developer?

Good to hear you are getting a handle on this, great club.

It's true, Developers sister is on the towns board, In the beginning it was all building codes that they said we violated. Now the newspapers are saying it's about noise, Which is what it is. They bought a house near a gun range lmoa

I think they're beginning to realize that no matter what we're still going to run matches, That 1 time a month noise drives them insane.

It's true, Developers sister is on the towns board, In the beginning it was all building codes that they said we violated. Now the newspapers are saying it's about noise, Which is what it is. They bought a house near a gun range lmoa

I think they're beginning to realize that no matter what we're still going to run matches, That 1 time a month noise drives them insane.

Pretty clear cut that they must eat a large tasty dick.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIII/TitleI/Chapter214/Section7B

Noise pollution; shooting ranges; exemption from liability; hours of operation

Section 7B. Notwithstanding the provisions of any general or special law, rule or regulation to the contrary, no owner of a rifle, pistol, silhouette, skeet, trap, blackpowder, or other similar range shall be liable in any civil action or criminal prosecution in any matter relating to noise or noise pollution resulting from use of the range, provided said owner of the range was in compliance with any applicable noise control law, ordinance or by-laws in existence at the time of the construction of such range.

Reactions: Redeye3
Mid coast Maine here. Love this state, for what it used to be. Definitely agreed there is a need for a long range/action shooting range/club. It will be my dream to someday open one. In the meantime, regularly out to 4-450, always searching g for longer. Have steel, dont mind a hike.

i live in MA but I shot here in NH about 2 years ago, bout 350-400m in one spot. no idea where exactly it was but i heard its all fenced off now. any idea where there are any other places like this to shoot in NH/MA (not member based ranges just sand pits to bring steel to)
nh2.jpg

i live in MA but I shot here in NH about 2 years ago, bout 350-400m in one spot. no idea where exactly it was but i heard its all fenced off now. any idea where there are any other places like this to shoot in NH/MA (not member based ranges just sand pits to bring steel to) View attachment 6920957

Granby bow & gun MA
SHEEPDOG Ny
Jericko VT
PEMI NH

i live in MA but I shot here in NH about 2 years ago, bout 350-400m in one spot. no idea where exactly it was but i heard its all fenced off now. any idea where there are any other places like this to shoot in NH/MA (not member based ranges just sand pits to bring steel to) View attachment 6920957

I know of a couple private spots VT, but not open to just anyone

Tuesday 5/12/2019 at Devens MA...

PDF of 2019 newsletter attached below if anyone is interested in joining the club

Attachments

• 2019 FDRPC newsletter.pdf
    634.9 KB · Views: 101
Their website don't state that...you sure?

Yes I live 15 minutes from Adler brook and shoot there most Sundays. They have expanded to 1108 to be exact. there is an additional annual fee of $100 but this is the only place I've found that allows long range shooting 365 days a year

Yes I live 15 minutes from Adler brook and shoot there most Sundays. They have expanded to 1108 to be exact. there is an additional annual fee of $100 but this is the only place I've found that allows long range shooting 365 days a year

Its a long ass ride but....

I assume they have some sort of qualification to shoot the distance ranges.

Little likelihood they allow guests or some means of day shooting?

Ill Google that which I seek.

Its a long ass ride but....

I assume they have some sort of qualification to shoot the distance ranges.

Little likelihood they allow guests or some means of day shooting?

Ill Google that which I seek.

Not really any farther than Granby...

@rideshootride How hard it is to become a member if you are out of state?