• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New England/New Hampshire

Not really any farther than Granby...

@rideshootride How hard it is to become a member if you are out of state?

Just looked at the club website.

Pretty sparse information.

Looks like their rules operate on the keep it simple solution - Dont Be a Dumbass!

Not much posted regarding qualifications needed to shoot long range as other clubs I am familiar with have. Perhaps there is nothing down range until you reach Canada and than there is nothing in Canada anyway so who cares.

Guests pay $5.

Looks like their rules operate on the keep it simple solution - Dont Be a Dumbass!

Not much posted regarding qualifications needed to shoot long range as other clubs I am familiar with have. Perhaps there is nothing down range until you reach Canada and than there is nothing in Canada anyway so who cares.

Guests pay $5.

Definitely worth checking out. Will talk to my regular shooting partners tomorrow at the Woodcock Rd range in Dartmouth. That is where I usually shoot as it goes to 500 and they have steel

Guests pay $5.

The "long range" section at alder brook is quite new and I don't think the website has caught up yet. lol
guests that want to shoot and collect data on their own rifle are $20 per day. (for long range only)

The "long range" section at alder brook is quite new and I don't think the website has caught up yet. lol
guests that want to shoot and collect data on their own rifle are $20 per day. (for long range only)

Very reasonable.

Do they have steel salted out along the range at the typical ranges to prove out data?

Looks like a common sense run club.

Very reasonable.

Do they have steel salted out along the range at the typical ranges to prove out data?

Looks like a common sense run club.

Down below they have steel at 25, 100, 200 and 300 and up on the hill they have steel starting at 500 going out to 1108. I'm new to "precision" shooting, new to snipers hide and new to alder brook but I'm lucky to have such a facility 15 minutes from home.

Alder brook is host to open events periodically, might be worth it to go to one of these events just check the place out. They have the "22 marksman challenge" which is the last Sunday of every month and are playing host to 2 rounds of the Minuteman prs series. They also host pistol competitions and skeet/trap competitions but I don't know when they are.

I’m in central CT. Just getting into long range and looking for places to stretch. Not much in CT and none past 500 yards I know of.

I’m in central CT. Just getting into long range and looking for places to stretch. Not much in CT and none past 500 yards I know of.

There are places in NH as shown above and there is Sheepdog in the Catskills that both go to 1,000 yards. My buds and I go to Sheepdog a couple of times a year and stay overnight. Not too bad. Other than that I am limited to 500 yards most of the time.

You can still do a lot of training with a 100 yard or 200 yard range. All of it improves your FoM. Of course, the wind effect is a much different animal but if you have a good bolt action rimfire trainer then the wind can also be worked with a short range.

You can still do a lot of training with a 100 yard or 200 yard range. All of it improves your FoM. Of course, the wind effect is a much different animal but if you have a good bolt action rimfire trainer then the wind can also be worked with a short range.

Thanks Nik. I am lucky that I can shoot 100 yards off the back porch so I am working on basics. Also practicing with an Air Arms 22 PCP rifle at about 30 yards. Amazingly accurate and zero recoil so its easy to see when I flub the shot.

Fort Devens next month is shooting the 900 meter range.

I won't be making it but you will be welcome if you decide to go.

Won't find a better rifle amusement park in my estimation anywhere else.

Fort Devens next month is shooting the 900 meter range.

I won't be making it but you will be welcome if you decide to go.

Won't find a better rifle amusement park in my estimation anywhere else.

I got my membership card the other day!!

Hoping I will be there

From the Live Free or Die state, been here 34 years. Per capita New Hampshire is the #1 Automatic firearms ownership, in the country. Don't mess with New Hampshire, we make a bigger mess back.

From the Live Free or Die state, been here 34 years. Per capita New Hampshire is the #1 Automatic firearms ownership, in the country. Don't mess with New Hampshire, we make a bigger mess back.

Lets hope you can keep it that way.

Too many assholes from my state move North and it will be gone.

Nothing good comes from South to North.

I made it out to Ft Devens for echo range Tuesday after having a conversation with Phil while at HSC. I was blown away at the ability to shoot these awesome ranges being a civi. Cant wait to shoot 900, its been a couple years since I shot further then 500 after Granby got shut down.

Reactions: pmclaine
Has Ridgeline in northern NH opened yet?

Could find a web page, but saw the videos From team O'Neil racing...

I made it out to Ft Devens for echo range Tuesday after having a conversation with Phil while at HSC. I was blown away at the ability to shoot these awesome ranges being a civi. Cant wait to shoot 900, its been a couple years since I shot further then 500 after Granby got shut down.
They still only have aceess during working hours or have the weekends become available again?

They still only have aceess during working hours or have the weekends become available again?

I've never seen weekends in my 5 or so years of being a member.

Once upon a time I hear stories of a very active high power culture that would fill the whole line at 600 yards on the weekends at Devens

Those days have been replaced by Hipsterism and Fort Nite.

We are trying though and right now the culture at the South Post seems to be one of accommodation.

Lived in NM for many years, moved back east in 2012. Southern Maine. Joined SF&GA to shoot F-TR out to 600y, then got a little bored and distracted with life. Then Ridgeline hosted PRS, and now MMPRL has started. Glad to see this growth! Excited for 2019. Good luck to all shooting at Granby manana, I missed registration!

Did Ridgeline up in nortnern NH ever open, it was supposed to be 1200 yards and PRS matches?

Yup to both: 1200y and into their 3rd year of a 2 day PRS match. Private facility. Worth it.

I've never seen weekends in my 5 or so years of being a member.

Once upon a time I hear stories of a very active high power culture that would fill the whole line at 600 yards on the weekends at Devens

Those days have been replaced by Hipsterism and Fort Nite.

We are trying though and right now the culture at the South Post seems to be one of accommodation.
I was invited a year ago to join, but the lack of weekends is why I did not. I would assume many others also are the same. I'd be there almost every weekend if it was an option.

Range cards....Hotel Range Devens MA.

Reactions: Monk Medic
Planning on taking a personal day to shoot at Devens on June 11.

The club has the 600 yard KD range booked - one group fires while other pulls targets than first firing group pulls while first pits shoot.

Meet at South Post gate 0800. Usually wrapped up by 1130.

Any Hiders attending?

Thinking to reach into the safe for something fun to shoot - Perhaps '03 or Garand.

Planning on taking a personal day to shoot at Devens on June 11.

The club has the 600 yard KD range booked - one group fires while other pulls targets than first firing group pulls while first pits shoot.

Meet at South Post gate 0800. Usually wrapped up by 1130.

Any Hiders attending?

Thinking to reach into the safe for something fun to shoot - Perhaps '03 or Garand.

I would but I am headed to Sheepdog in the Catskills on the next day for two days of shooting. I will be there in July though

I would but I am headed to Sheepdog in the Catskills on the next day for two days of shooting. I will be there in July though
See you in July unless something comes up.

That date has been on the calendar.

We will be shooting the 850M range/pop up targets that day.

Just applied for Alderbrook! I had NO idea there was another 1000Yd+ besides Sig up here. Excited to check it out! (Not excited for a long drive to and from.)

But Ridgeline is open, but it's primarily for classes at this point. The owner has mentioned he'll have open shoots for people, but there hasn't been word of it yet.

I totally wanted to do Devens, but my work schedule changed. Sadly, I can't do a weekday shoot as often without burning personal time. However, for those that can, I highly recommend it. I've used both 900 yard and 600 yard ranges during service time and they are SPECTACULAR.

Before I forget, what ranges allow positional/baracade practice near the Portsmouth NH area. I'm not looking for long ranges, heck I'd be happy with 200 or 100 yard steel ranges for just positional shooting.

I'm currently a member at a range that has a 200 yard/somewhat 100 yard steel range that only allows bench/kneeling/prone and no standing/offhand shooting

Almost 15 months since the last message. I think we are due for a roll call and SITREP on long ranges in NH and NE as a whole. I live in Southern NH and will be moving closer to MT Washington in the next two years. Work takes me to the seacoast and to Rangeley, ME.

Check out MMPRL, all the good NE places are involved, maybe more next year ;)

Almost 15 months since the last message. I think we are due for a roll call and SITREP on long ranges in NH and NE as a whole. I live in Southern NH and will be moving closer to MT Washington in the next two years. Work takes me to the seacoast and to Rangeley, ME.

Agree, but it's so long already, want to fire up a new, fresh post and kick things off?
Otherwise, it's wading through 4 years worth of posts.

Midcoast Maine here.
Also a member of Alderbrook and Pemi.
Always interested in meeting up with others to practice with.

6A774DA2-A784-4177-B6E4-40B4CF58D3EF.jpeg

Nope. It's on my to-do list as well. Shot some great MMPRL matches this season there. Beautiful spot.
PXL_20201003_144200096.MP.jpg

Reactions: Nik H
Would be a good time to start up a new 2020 post for NE meetups without sifting thru the old. Should throw out at date time and location for a meet up and see who’s in. I’m “DOPE” sick needing to stretch out.

Would be a good time to start up a new 2020 post for NE meetups without sifting thru the old. Should throw out at date time and location for a meet up and see who’s in. I’m “DOPE” sick needing to stretch out.

Let me know..

That sounds like a plan. Always up for meeting some fellow Hide members and would like to actually try my AXMC at distance

What's the best location in NE where people could show up to a location without the need for a membership, and/or guests of a member (if required) where we could consider getting a group together. I guess the pre-requisite that we're all fiending for is excessive distance. Any thoughts?

I know Devens meets on particular Tuesdays but its early morning, closes before noon, and there's no guarantee that you'll be able to shoot on Hotel range on that particular day. I'd think if we got a solid group set for a whole day at a good location people would drive pretty far knowing we'll 'pitter-patter getting at 'er'.

Devens is down for now. HOTEL range is closed for renovations.

I think GOLF is open but that is limited to 600 yards. They just had a shoot there.

I don't know of any venue in NE where non-members can show up and shoot. Guest passes usually have limits

Devens is great when operational but Covid has screwed it up, the club runs at the whim of the military/fed agency needs so it can be haphazard, the intent is more geared toward NRA KD shooting rather than PSR, time is limited to the last breakfast serving time at the nearby diner.

That said me being local and ability to attend easy enough, when the facilities are accessible, they are first class.

If something came available as an option Im interested. If the ride was such Id consider camping in order to get a full day of shooting in.

Hoping ammo becomes available soon though as most of my "dependable" ammo is dedicated to Sig classes in 2021.

Covid has to be realized as a scamdemic too so wife can go back to her office and kids go to school.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Devens is great when operational but Covid has screwed it up, the club runs at the whim of the military/fed agency needs so it can be haphazard, the intent is more geared toward NRA KD shooting rather than PSR, time is limited to the last breakfast serving time at the nearby diner.

That said me being local and ability to attend easy enough, when the facilities are accessible, they are first class.

If something came available as an option Im interested. If the ride was such Id consider camping in order to get a full day of shooting in.

Hoping ammo becomes available soon though as most of my "dependable" ammo is dedicated to Sig classes in 2021.

Covid has to be realized as a scamdemic too so wife can go back to her office and kids go to school.
I'd consider a hotel to get a full day of shooting in...:)

Alder Brook in Littleton, NH, has 1,100 yds. with a $20 guest fee for that range, opens at 7am. Those of you that have a membership their, would you guys be interested in hosting 'guests' if we set up a solid day there? We could arrange to get the waivers and fees done prior to/on arrival. I'm an LE in MA and could try scheduling/calling ahead to set something up. Is there a limit to number of guests?

I'd definitely make the drive north for a solid day.

Alder Brook in Littleton, NH, has 1,100 yds. with a $20 guest fee for that range, opens at 7am. Those of you that have a membership their, would you guys be interested in hosting 'guests' if we set up a solid day there? We could arrange to get the waivers and fees done prior to/on arrival. I'm an LE in MA and could try scheduling/calling ahead to set something up. Is there a limit to number of guests?

I'd definitely make the drive north for a solid day.

Id be in.

Littleton is about a good 2.5-3 hour drive north of me, up 93 if I remember right. Think we stayed at one of those old school Grand Lodges up there.

this one...... https://www.mountainviewgrand.com/

My detail ended early today, contractor was a no show, Just got home. Im listening to my wife now go crazy on my son about on line learning.

That is the fly in the ointment.

"You are going shooting and leaving me home with "them". Ive put up with 8 months of this shit and you just go to work......"

Last edited: