• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New England/New Hampshire

Waiting for one of the guys that has access there to chime in.

Alder Brook in Littleton, NH, has 1,100 yds. with a $20 guest fee for that range, opens at 7am. Those of you that have a membership their, would you guys be interested in hosting 'guests' if we set up a solid day there? We could arrange to get the waivers and fees done prior to/on arrival. I'm an LE in MA and could try scheduling/calling ahead to set something up. Is there a limit to number of guests?

I'd definitely make the drive north for a solid day.
Id be in.

Littleton is about a good 2.5-3 hour drive north of me, up 93 if I remember right. Think we stayed at one of those old school Grand Lodges up there.

this one...... https://www.mountainviewgrand.com/

My detail ended early today, contractor was a no show, Just got home. Im listening to my wife now go crazy on my son about on line learning.

That is the fly in the ointment.

"You are going shooting and leaving me home with "them". Ive put up with 8 months of this shit and you just go to work......"
Waiting for one of the guys that has access there to chime in.

I'm a member, great place with good people. I don't get out there very often but I would love to help anyone check it out and I'm friends with the president or at least the former president (I don't keep up with the board there). Feel free to give me a shout or whatever. 207-740-7743

-Jesse

jbell, do they limit the number of guests a member can have? or does it help at all to set up a date in advance so we're not fucking up the schedule of others that are there on a particular day? and finally, is it busy with bodies on the weekends?

jbell, do they limit the number of guests a member can have? or does it help at all to set up a date in advance so we're not fucking up the schedule of others that are there on a particular day? and finally, is it busy with bodies on the weekends?
I am not sure I really don’t get out there that often, hell I don’t shoot much anymore that often (life is pretty busy right now). But I can most definitely put you in touch with the people who know for sure. Again I am happy to meet up and let y’all have a look around if it is something you think you may be interested in. I know they host some Minuteman Precision Rifle League events:

Feel free to send me their contact in a PM and I’ll reach out to see what we can arrange.

We (Alderbrook) do plan on doing a "work party" on the long range soon. Installing targets, fixing targets and possibly some other work. It would be a great (free) opportunity for non members to come and see and get close up knowledge of our range and meet the group of guys that are there shooting all the time. We do plan on shooting after working and will likely have all kinds of gear up there to use (range finders, spotting scopes, experienced shooters and possibly lab radar/chrono)

I am not sure I really don’t get out there that often, hell I don’t shoot much anymore that often (life is pretty busy right now). But I can most definitely put you in touch with the people who know for sure. Again I am happy to meet up and let y’all have a look around if it is something you think you may be interested in. I know they host some Minuteman Precision Rifle League events:

We (Alderbrook) do host several MMPRL events per year but MMRPL is unfortunately over for the year. will be MMRPL, PRS Northeast and one PRS pro series event next year.

Reactions: StrayDog and jbell
We (Alderbrook) do plan on doing a "work party" on the long range soon. Installing targets, fixing targets and possibly some other work. It would be a great (free) opportunity for non members to come and see and get close up knowledge of our range and meet the group of guys that are there shooting all the time. We do plan on shooting after working and will likely have all kinds of gear up there to use (range finders, spotting scopes, experienced shooters and possibly lab radar/chrono)
Let me know when I'll try to get out there to help. Also I have a Labradar I'll bring.

Keep us posted. Don't mind some work for shooting time

Let me know when I'll try to get out there to help. Also I have a Labradar I'll bring.

Awesome I am a huge fan of furthering our sport helping those who are new and helping further our small community of shooters.

Reactions: jbell
Is there anyone in the Natick-Westborough MA area that has a barrel vise and the brute force to help me remove a stock Tikka Superlite barrel from its action?

To this day, I still have to do a double-take whenever I read "Labradar". Between having this yellow thing and a DVM for a wife, I guess I'm predisposed to go that direction.

Attachments

• 016144af84c0f6e8efe07c0957f68fc108cf110999.jpg
    016144af84c0f6e8efe07c0957f68fc108cf110999.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 40
To this day, I still have to do a double-take whenever I read "Labradar". Between having this yellow thing and a DVM for a wife, I guess I'm predisposed to go that direction.
Ha, yeah I always have to correct the autocorrect when I type it. I'm sure I have some post out there talking about my dog giving me external ballistic data...:unsure:

Reactions: Tortuga
I live in Eastman, NH.

Since I moved up here I have really come to understand the expression "you can't get there from here." Littleton is about 90 minutes for me even though it doesn't look like it should be. I didn't know Alder Brook went to long range. I'll have to get up there and check it out and probably join.

For those that are looking for some other options not necessarily LR be aware that when it's warmer SF&G in ME has been running monthly NRL22 club matches and held the NRL22 regional this yr and they have one on the calendar for next yr too. They do E target 500 yard practice once a month all winter.

The MD at SF&G (Charles Largay) ran a good number of PRS/NRL style matches as a part of the Minute Man league (NRL) at a private range in Conway, NH that goes to 900m this season. (at least I think they were NRL) He's been running all the rifle matches at SF&G and all of those this yr and he's gotten busy as all hell in his retirement gig gunsmithing so he may not run five of them next yr.

The Team O'Neil racing guys have done at least one or two PRS two day regionals as far as I know. I was registered for the one in '18 or '19 and couldn't make it because of work. (I was going to be in Gulfport, MS, just a bit far away).

I'm happy to find out that there is some place else to shoot long range up here. I've been withering on the vine for the past few yrs.

I'm very happy to have found Alderbrook. We are a non profit association, all equal members, we don't have paid staff or high fees. We host a .22 Marksman challenge on the last Sunday of every month (rain or shine or snow or fog) on our square range shooting targets between 50 and 200 yards with 300 yards for fun after. These matches are open to the public and anyone is welcome to swing by. I was planning on starting pretty heavy into PRS .22 next month, directing matches at least monthly. However, I think covid may hinder that plan slightly.

Reactions: StrayDog
Work party to be scheduled on 11/29/2020 all who want to come can come around 9-10 am. This is the same day as our .22 marksman challenge so anyone who wants to check that out or try their skill is welcome to do so. I plan to doing some shooting on our long range that morning and I am willing to spot for or assist anyone who wants to do some shooting. At the conclusion of the .22 marksman shoot we will load up targets and gear and get to work.

Please be aware, the weather report for Right now is calling for a high of 36 and possible spitting snow in the morning, It will be cold up on the hill. Accessing the targets is an off road task as this range is designed to be in the wilderness. There are bear and many other kinds of wildlife on our range so carrying a handgun while out in the brush is recommended. We will also have signs or target designators that may need to be made so anyone not wanting to climb in the back of a big pickup or walk a good distance is welcome to help with that task. Our range is fairly remote I usually pack a lunch because there is not much in the area.

If you need to zero your rifle that morning please pm me in advance so I can make arrangements.
If Weather or circumstances charge I will post here to let anyone know. If anyone needs more info feel free to PM me

Reactions: Tallahassee
Is there anyone in the Natick-Westborough MA area that has a barrel vise and the brute force to help me remove a stock Tikka Superlite barrel from its action?
Call Sergey ... gunsmith in Natick 508.904.4044

Would anyone be able to tell me if the 1100yd steel is set up throughout the year?

Last edited:
Alderbrook is a blast. Besides the rain and heavy fog it was a pretty decent first outing up there. Hopefully I can get up there again in the next few weeks. Anyone have a range card with close to exact target distances drawn up? Between the 3 of us up there we didn’t pack a RF😂

Alderbrook is a blast. Besides the rain and heavy fog it was a pretty decent first outing up there. Hopefully I can get up there again in the next few weeks. Anyone have a range card with close to exact target distances drawn up? Between the 3 of us up there we didn’t pack a RF😂

So when ar @Nik H and I going to be your guests?

What are the chances one of three would be a serial killer?

I'm pretty sure that my daughters and I will be up Sunday for them to shoot the rimfire match and help with the work party after.

AX S/A. Have a couple barrels, the one in the pic is a 24” 6.5creed it originally came with.

AX S/A. Have a couple barrels, the one in the pic is a 24” 6.5creed it originally came with.
Nice! I have 2 AIs. I am LH and always wanted a short and long action AI.

I converted my AT back to 308 recently so @pmclaine doesn't say I have an unfair advantage shooting a 6.5 Creedmoor. He is a bit vain.

I have two 6.5 barrels for the AT - a PROOF and a Robert Gradous custom M24. Both are great.

I would probably bring my AXMC to this party though. It is chambered for 338 LM and I have yet to try it beyond 600 yards which is the longest I have available within a 30 minute drive.

I converted my AT back to 308 recently so @pmclaine doesn't say I have an unfair advantage shooting a 6.5 Creedmoor. He is a bit vain.

I have two 6.5 barrels for the AT - a PROOF and a Robert Gradous custom M24. Both are great.

I would probably bring my AXMC to this party though. It is chambered for 338 LM and I have yet to try it beyond 600 yards which is the longest I have available within a 30 minute drive.

Man, lefties, A.I.s, .22 matches, ringing Alderbrook steel!
Wish I could come play tomorrow, Christmas-prep duties call...

I would bring them both, never know. I have 1 carbon Proof (16.5" .308) and the 24” 6.5creed. Hopefully in the next few months I can change that to a few. Its been years since I've been able to get out and shoot past 600yds and I struggled pretty bad. Ive had the AX for 2 years and this is the first time Ive been able to with stretch it further. A lot different than my .338.

Last edited:
I love my 338 LM.

It was certainly a new experience after shooting the AT in .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor. It is a laser though. Best part was it taught me even more about managing recoil than I learned shooting the AT and the small calibers. Now I shoot the AT better as well.

Between the two of us we can clear up @pmclaine issues.

• Haha
Reactions: pmclaine