• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Episode with Ted AKA Jackmaster

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

Ted Hoeger and I talk about

• Stocks
    • Calibers
    • Triggers
    • Scopes
    • Software
    • Ballistic Considerations
    We really deep dive with the buying decisions.

I zoomed this call and it's a big quiet but clear as my system was not set up for zooming but it should be fine.

Thanks for listening thanks for sharing thanks for being a part of the everyday sniper podcast.

Be sure to comment in the App and visit us at Sniper's Hide

SKMR
    MSR
    MIL-C
    MIL-XT

Fuck anything Horus (Disclaimer I have an H59 on an RPR, but it was a hell of a deal on the optic)

Maybe I'm being a bitch, but sometimes it takes a while for the guest to be fully introduced. Otherwise liked the discussion

Awesome. Finally got a chance to listen to it.

When talking bipods, the Atlas CAL with PSR legs was mentioned as the go-to recommendation. The intent seemed to be go taller with the legs. But the PSR and the CAL look to be different bipods. So, I'm wondering if it's the CAL with the tall legs or the PSR with the tall legs?

When talking bipods, the Atlas CAL with PSR legs was mentioned as the go-to recommendation. The intent seemed to be go taller with the legs. But the PSR and the CAL look to be different bipods. So, I'm wondering if it's the CAL with the tall legs or the PSR with the tall legs?
    The cal doesn’t PAN like the PSR. That’s the only difference. The Super CAL has a wider footprint

@lowlight - Great episode.

I'm going to take your training at Miflen this coming Sept.

Question - I never really heard this addressed before. I have several rifles to choose from for your training and I'm curious to here your thoughts on what is the best platform to get the most out of training.

General answers are fine as I'll just pick whatever checks the most boxes.

Best platform for fundamentals Bolt or Gas?

All my rifles already have fully adjustable back ends and Arca's.

Best caliber for training?
    • Bolt gun
      • 6GT
      • 6.5 Creedmoor
    • Gas Gun
      • 224 Valkyrie
      • 6 ARC
    Train like I match or better to liten it up & take a few weights off?

Trigger wt for training?
    My rifles vary from 1 to 1-1/2# bolt & 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 for gas gun.

This was a great episode.

I thought I knew how to run my Kestrel, but realized during this episode that I do not have a good understanding of what inputs I should be most concerned about. Is there a resource that I could find, ideally in written form, that goes in depth into all the 12 inputs and breaks them down? Or perhaps a good write up on Kestrel use in general relating to shots inside of 800 yards and shots outside of 800 yards? Thanks!

This was a great episode.

I thought I knew how to run my Kestrel, but realized during this episode that I do not have a good understanding of what inputs I should be most concerned about. Is there a resource that I could find, ideally in written form, that goes in depth into all the 12 inputs and breaks them down? Or perhaps a good write up on Kestrel use in general relating to shots inside of 800 yards and shots outside of 800 yards? Thanks!
    Here is a link + pass-code to watch a free class Kestral put on for PRS match where they lent every shooter a Kestral.
    They said it was fine to record save etc & they sent me the recording so I don't see any issue sharing it.

Pass-code: iG^RM9L3

Here is a link + pass-code to watch a free class Kestral put on for PRS match where they lent every shooter a Kestral.
    They said it was fine to record save etc & they sent me the recording so I don't see any issue sharing it.

Pass-code: iG^RM9L3
    Thank you!!

SuperCal is my favorite Atlas Bipod. Not sure why it gets so little love. Plus helps balance the gun if you don't have a full 1.25 straight contour.

Enjoyed this podcast. I took Ted's intro class a year ago and have a rifle mostly put together based on the recommendations discuss in the episode.

I plan to shoot some matches this year with it so we'll see if your advice pays off.

Reactions: Jack Master
    Dunno about taller "PSR" legs on a CAL. Haven't seen that offered. However, BT makes 3" leg extensions that slot in just like the feet and will get you up to 12"

Ted Hoeger and I talk about

• Stocks
    • Calibers
    • Triggers
    • Scopes
    • Software
    • Ballistic Considerations
    We really deep dive with the buying decisions.

I zoomed this call and it's a big quiet but clear as my system was not set up for zooming but it should be fine.

Thanks for listening thanks for sharing thanks for being a part of the everyday sniper podcast.

Be sure to comment in the App and visit us at Sniper's Hide
    @lowlight @Jack Master - outstanding discussion. I really enjoyed it but Frank....now I have a lot more questions to ask in Sep (no, no, just joking....well, I do have a lot more but I will try to restrain myself! LOL)

Thanks again, guys...really excellent

Reactions: Lowlight
    1656300190382.png

Did you buy the leg extensions to get to 12"?
    Yeah, I have them. Bought in anticipation of shooting uphill again at Mifflin this year.

I did so as I already had a CAL, I don't need the extra height often (or at least I'm not educated enough to know that I need it more often haha), and I'm not sure how I overlooked the CAL Tall on their website but I am going to be 70 this year and apparently I'm rapidly turning into a smooth brained idiot.

I actually haven't used the leg extensions yet...not had the need. But I will put them on shortly and make sure they don't induce a lot of wobble or looseness.

Also got an Elite Iron and that goes to 12.

Anything can go to just 11! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@lowlight - thanks for the links...not sure how I overlooked that but...yeah, I did. Cheers

Last edited: