• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New family member

ArmedGinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2018
BC, Canada
Just picked up this little cutey today. German Shepherd, we named her Kimber (after the firearms company).

Attachments

• DSC_3938_tonemapped.jpg
    DSC_3938_tonemapped.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • DSC_3942_tonemapped.jpg
    DSC_3942_tonemapped.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • DSC_3945.JPG
    DSC_3945.JPG
    882.8 KB · Views: 113
Love it!

Grow slow, discuss supplements w/ vet.

One last romp in the back field before bed. Well... there was a bath attempt... but let's not get into that right now :oops:

Attachments

• DSC_3959_tonemapped.jpg
    DSC_3959_tonemapped.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
  • DSC_3960_tonemapped.jpg
    DSC_3960_tonemapped.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
  • DSC_3962_tonemapped.jpg
    DSC_3962_tonemapped.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
  • DSC_3963_tonemapped.jpg
    DSC_3963_tonemapped.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
After all this latest BS I’m finally going to get that Mal pup I’ve been wanting for several years now. Then on to the training 😉, which I’m both looking forward to, and somewhat intimidated by the thought of 😳

Reactions: Foul Mike
Puppies man, if they weren't cute like that you'd kill 'em. I hate puppies, but they're worth it for the dogs they become.

I looked and for some reason most of my pictures of these two are them sleeping together. They grew up together and still play pretty rough, but it's the cat that always "wins". He could obviously rip her in half, teeth are huge for a dog like this. But a soft mouth and gentle nature always come through with him and it never gets out of hand.

IMG_1273 (1).JPG

Puppies man, if they weren't cute like that you'd kill 'em.

There is a lot of truth to this. Some days she's the cutest thing ever and I would do anything for her, the next day she is the devil incarnate and I get about a hour of sleep. She is WAY too smart for a 6 week old puppy. She's already learned she can climb the fence of her pen and does it without a second though. So now she's sleeping in a kennel which she can't climb out of and oh boy does she throw a temper tantrum every night. During the day it's no problem, we feed her in the kennel and put her for naps in the kennel. But when it comes to bed time, 15 minutes of pure "child on the floor of walmart cause they didn't get a toy tantrum".

ours was the same way....i'm embarrassed to tell you that we couldn't take the whimpering and crying to be let out of her crate at night...it only took 3 nights but she broke us....ended up sleeping with us. Best dog ever. i miss her every day.

ours was the same way....i'm embarrassed to tell you that we couldn't take the whimpering and crying to be let out of her crate at night...it only took 3 nights but she broke us....ended up sleeping with us. Best dog ever. i miss her every day.

If I was single that would be the way. The boss said no, not to mention then her dog would also have to sleep on the bed and he is a bed hog :D

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Amazing how much they grow in just a couple weeks.

So the latest, Kimber has an Umbilical Hernia, her intestines are actually poking through her belly. We've been to the vet and they scheduled an appointment for the surgery. It will be July 16th. They said they are a little concerned due to her young age and the hazards of a dog that young coming out of the anesthesia but it has to be done. So until then, every day I have to massage her intestines back into her belly.

2.jpg

So the latest, Kimber has an Umbilical Hernia, her intestines are actually poking through her belly. We've been to the vet and they scheduled an appointment for the surgery. It will be July 16th. They said they are a little concerned due to her young age and the hazards of a dog that young coming out of the anesthesia but it has to be done. So until then, every day I have to massage her intestines back into her belly.

View attachment 7363439
Dat rifle tho.....

View attachment 7363439

Good luck with the surgery and as the vet said, at that age, surgery is usually a piece of cake.

Good luck with the surgery and as the vet said, at that age, surgery is usually a piece of cake.

Actually the vet was saying the opposite.That because of her young age she's at greater risk. But I am sure she will be perfectly fine.

Something to do with her age and her organs filtering out the anesthesia will be really hard on her. Thus they usually wait for an older age before they do surgery.

Actually the vet was saying the opposite.That because of her young age she's at greater risk. But I am sure she will be perfectly fine.

Something to do with her age and her organs filtering out the anesthesia will be really hard on her. Thus they usually wait for an older age before they do surgery.

Since I'm not a vet and don't play one on TV, I will then say, I wish you and your pup the best of luck. Let us know how things go!

I don't know much or how bad, but if it's small it might heal on its own if you can keep it 'tucked in'.

Sorry to do this to you, but.
@vh20

I’m

View attachment 7363439
that is a beautiful little girl. I bet she will be fine and be one of the best companions ever. Keep us posted. Always love to see what they become when they grow up in a a good home.

Go ahead, hide the socks. The shoes will be found...

And thanks for posting this. With all the craziness going on it’s good to see something that almost instinctively uplifting.

Reactions: ArmedGinger
enjoy them while theyre still cute, haha....dont worry, little girl will be just fine.

this is Winston, my Lab/Corgie mix....was supposed to be a bird dog....unfortunately hes afraid of everything, hell of a swimmer though.
IMG_0811.jpg

Hey that’s my story... almost word for word... although in my case it was my wife , the farm girl, “ dogs don’t belong in the house...” On night three she goes trotting down 2 flights of stairs, then back up... “here’s that dog you wanted ...” as she climbed back in bed, pup under her arm. They’ve (yes, plural...) been joining us in bed every night since. Going on 35 years now 😉.

I don't know much or how bad, but if it's small it might heal on its own if you can keep it 'tucked in'.

Sorry to do this to you, but.
@vh20

It is bad enough that the vet says it needs to be operated on. It's about the size of the tip of an adult thumb. She doesn't mind it though, full of piss and vinegar.

@ArmedGinger...that's a super cute pup you got there. I had a german shepherd growing up. She was one of the smartest dogs I've ever had. Her name was Dare. She had a great bark. Only reason I don't have German Shepherds now is the fur. Ha.....I've had Dobermans for the last 18 years now.

Reactions: ArmedGinger
She's a beautiful pup. I wish you the best of luck on the surgery and I'm sure you'll have a great companion for however long the good Lord lets you. Mine just turned a year old and she sure has been great so far.

36021D91-AC9E-4A1E-AE21-DD6B740E17D0.jpegBA209F8A-1726-4F42-8618-F6EDC8EA51F6.jpeg7B78D1C4-4EC0-4C5D-8F59-CCCD5E15CEE2.jpegD539F1BA-8E7F-4A3D-B468-5E5973EB1A31.jpegA993E017-D623-4CB6-856F-78F0C377668F.png3DBCD04C-B435-4D2A-9375-EE42AEBE78C0.jpeg688E6A19-E1ED-41C0-B8AE-4B31BDB4CD4A.jpeg

Puppies man, if they weren't cute like that you'd kill 'em. I hate puppies, but they're worth it for the dogs they become.

I looked and for some reason most of my pictures of these two are them sleeping together. They grew up together and still play pretty rough, but it's the cat that always "wins". He could obviously rip her in half, teeth are huge for a dog like this. But a soft mouth and gentle nature always come through with him and it never gets out of hand.

View attachment 7348829
thats a fat cat dude

So an update on Kimber.

We had an appointment with the local vet to get Kimber's Umbilical Hernia fixed, shitty part was we had to wait until August. We were informed to "just keeping pushing her intestines back up inside" every day until the surgery. Well yesterday morning, they wouldn't go back in. We had called about 2 dozen different Vets all over the Province trying to get the surgery done sooner. Every answer was the same, booked until August.

So yesterday was Canada Day, think the Canadian version of July 4th. It's a National Holiday and everything was closed. We were getting desperate and just happened to phone a Vet Clinic in the next town over, about an hour and a half drive. Surprisingly they were open! We explained the situation and the man on the other end asked if we could be there in an hour as he could do the surgery right there. We explained we were in the next town over and he said that was fine.

We were informed by the local vet that she wasn't allowed to eat within 24 hours of the surgery and since we had fed her 4 hours before making the phone call, we told the vet. He said it was no problem as they would just use a different anesthetic. So we hoped in the car and drove. They were very kind and once they took a look at poor Kimber they had her into surgery within 20 minutes of us getting there.

The great thing was, the local vet quoted us up to $800 for the surgery! Even though we got this done as an Emergency surgery (which usually costs 3x the normal amount), he charged us less than what our local vet was going to. They were so kind and gentle with her and even threw in a free manicure for her after the surgery!

So 36 hours later she is fully back to her pain in the ass super hyper self! Which sucks since we have to keep her calm for the next two weeks to heal :p

So we picked up a Vet "Onesie" to keep her from licking her sutures and she is spending most of her time in the kennel which she just hates as she wants to fun free! Sadly we can't since she needs to keep calm for the sutures plus we are on evacuation alert due to flooding!

Attachments

• DSC_4164.JPG
    DSC_4164.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
WOW, I wonder if it's worth the drive for every day visits?

Congrats!

Well the drive would add gas and wear and tear on the vehicle but I am very please with their service and will be taking Kimber back any time she needs to see a vet.

Locally, a vet visit starts at $88 and goes up from there.

They seen that my dog's name was Kimber and decided to send some free decals for her. They wanted to send a velcro patch for her tactical vest but are currently out of stock.

DSC_4171.JPG
DSC_4172.JPG

So an update on Kimber.

We had an appointment with the local vet to get Kimber's Umbilical Hernia fixed, shitty part was we had to wait until August. We were informed to "just keeping pushing her intestines back up inside" every day until the surgery. Well yesterday morning, they wouldn't go back in. We had called about 2 dozen different Vets all over the Province trying to get the surgery done sooner. Every answer was the same, booked until August.

So yesterday was Canada Day, think the Canadian version of July 4th. It's a National Holiday and everything was closed. We were getting desperate and just happened to phone a Vet Clinic in the next town over, about an hour and a half drive. Surprisingly they were open! We explained the situation and the man on the other end asked if we could be there in an hour as he could do the surgery right there. We explained we were in the next town over and he said that was fine.

We were informed by the local vet that she wasn't allowed to eat within 24 hours of the surgery and since we had fed her 4 hours before making the phone call, we told the vet. He said it was no problem as they would just use a different anesthetic. So we hoped in the car and drove. They were very kind and once they took a look at poor Kimber they had her into surgery within 20 minutes of us getting there.

The great thing was, the local vet quoted us up to $800 for the surgery! Even though we got this done as an Emergency surgery (which usually costs 3x the normal amount), he charged us less than what our local vet was going to. They were so kind and gentle with her and even threw in a free manicure for her after the surgery!

So 36 hours later she is fully back to her pain in the ass super hyper self! Which sucks since we have to keep her calm for the next two weeks to heal :p

So we picked up a Vet "Onesie" to keep her from licking her sutures and she is spending most of her time in the kennel which she just hates as she wants to fun free! Sadly we can't since she needs to keep calm for the sutures plus we are on evacuation alert due to flooding!
Great news! I almost posted a recommendation for you to get a second opinion after reading your earlier posts, but, regrettably, elected to bite my tongue... So happy it worked out for you the way it did! Go Kimber!!