• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Finnish M28-76

Calfed

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
I haven't seen many of these lately and grabbed it at auction when I saw this one.

Only have the auction pics now
28.76.jpg
28.76b.jpg
28.76e.jpg
28.76g.jpg
28.76i.jpg

Last edited:
My local shop got a couple in a while ago.

Inspect the wrist area good and check it for cracks.

I was told they are great guns but the weakness was the area at the pistol grip wrist was prone to cracking.

Reactions: Calfed
Thanks, I'll check it when it arrives. Do you recall what the shop was charging for them?

Yours has the different style rear sight than mine. I had heard there were two different styles but I don't know that I ever saw one.

Yours has the scope mount base on it (lots were removed), so now go find the correct scope and mount then you have a really uncommon bird. Mine shoots 1 MOA with the scope. I have not replaced the diopters to test it on that regard.

First, determine if it is 7.62x54R or 7.62x53R - because it can be either. My wife and I still own a pair - both are single stack diopters, no scope bases and are x54R and shoot best with D166 (.3095) bullets.
In short, slug or better do a chamber cast of your rifle to make sure you are using correct brass (53.5 for x53R and over 53.70= 54R) and if you have a .308 bore or .311 bore...
You will LOVE IT and congratulations. Between damaged in shipping and broken from Finland and “for parts”- estimate is that there are less than 640 complete intact of these outside of Finland or in United States - rare bird in my book.

Thanks, guys!

I haven't had any luck finding the correct scope mount for this, but did find one made by S&K scope mounts. It has a dovetail that slides into the base and locks down with set screws. it has a Picatiiny rail on top of the dovetail.

Yours has the scope mount base on it (lots were removed), so now go find the correct scope and mount then you have a really uncommon bird. Mine shoots 1 MOA with the scope. I have not replaced the diopters to test it on that regard.

I can not find a correct mount, but did find that S&K makes a mount for the 28/76. It arrived about the same time as the 28/76 got to my dealer
Finnish M28-76 a (2).jpg
Finnish M28-76 b (2).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: M77
My local shop got a couple in a while ago.

Inspect the wrist area good and check it for cracks.

I was told they are great guns but the weakness was the area at the pistol grip wrist was prone to cracking.

No cracks that I could find.

Reactions: pmclaine
Tagged...

Interested to see which chamber and bore you have. Also curious to see how it shoots. These are one of my favorites, they really are a nice rifle. I've never owned one but have had the opportunity to fire a friend's several times.

Nice grab, definitely a keeper.

I just picked done of these up from a member on here. picked it up at my FFL yesterday. Not in as good of condition as yours but still nice. Mine needed to have an arsenal stock repair re-glued into the stock as well as need some other cracks repaired. Mine is also missing the front sight globe and rear sight aperture (if anyone has these parts, please PM me!). Im looking at picking up a s&k mount for mine as well. Once you get yours on, please let me know how it works out.

Of interest to anyone?

I only noted the price on the S&B and at $800 it seems high factoring out any collector premium Im not aware of.

I think the Wetzlar would be of interest to you. It has no rings/base but the leather box is cool scope appears in good shape.

Whats a price these go for?

Ill get you better pics of anything of interest.

I just picked done of these up from a member on here. picked it up at my FFL yesterday. Not in as good of condition as yours but still nice. Mine needed to have an arsenal stock repair re-glued into the stock as well as need some other cracks repaired. Mine is also missing the front sight globe and rear sight aperture (if anyone has these parts, please PM me!). Im looking at picking up a s&k mount for mine as well. Once you get yours on, please let me know how it works out.

Hey bud. Glad you liked it. Wait till you see the Mosin Nagant chassis I got from Ukraine. Another member got my Tkiv85 stock and most parts.

Hey bud. Glad you liked it. Wait till you see the Mosin Nagant chassis I got from Ukraine. Another member got my Tkiv85 stock and most parts.
I’ve seen the Ukrainian mosin chassis before! Pretty nice looking stuff!

This is my 28-76 now after several years. I bought the rifle from JWsubmoa several years ago. I repaired the stock, epoxy bedded it with the arsenal shims in place, found the correct rear sight aperture and front globe sight and inserts. I am still missing the threaded locking ring for the front sight inserts but what I did was drill and tap a small hole at the rear of the globe and I use the head of a small screw to hold in the inserts. I could not find the correct scope and mount so I went with the s&b mount and a hensold zf 800 scope. I slugged the chamber and it’s a .310-.311 bore. I made some hand loads with S&B brass and Sierra 174gr matchkings that shoots 3/4 MOA regularly.

Attachments

• 59D9B606-680D-42DD-84DA-B434F4C394C5.jpeg
    59D9B606-680D-42DD-84DA-B434F4C394C5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 0B2C9FB7-53A9-42A4-80CE-01FD73DE1C00.jpeg
    0B2C9FB7-53A9-42A4-80CE-01FD73DE1C00.jpeg
    663.7 KB · Views: 54
  • E86D6F32-D3F0-4F88-84D5-829F35E9965A.jpeg
    E86D6F32-D3F0-4F88-84D5-829F35E9965A.jpeg
    606.2 KB · Views: 50
There’s an m 27-66 on GB that I’d love to add to the rare mosin collection but it is quite out of my budget.