• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New FNAR Match with McMillan stock

vmpglenn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2004
Fitchburg, WI
Anyone have any info on the new FNAR Match configuration with the McMillan stock? It's interesting to see a semiauto precision rifle with a bolt-action look and feel.

5374103097_36c14aed0c_b.jpg

ETA: Fuzzy screen capture photo of FNAR Match with 20 round mag:

fnar_mcm.jpg

Re: New FNAR Match with McMillan stock

I need to get behind one sometime. I'd love to see how it groups. It's a great concept, and FN is an awesome company, but I'm really curious how this thing works.

They don't make the same accuracy guarantees they do with their bolt actions, but they still say under 1 MOA. I kind of skimmed over this at the show and payed most of my attention to the bedded SPR's, and the Scar heavy.

i have seen some group sub moa on a couple of occasions, but have never shot one myself. this one however has me very interested.

Love the McM, but I'm still on the fence about the FNAR. The one I have had the chance to shoot recently felt cheap thanks to the "Choate-esque" stock/grip (for lack of a better term to describe how grotesque it felt to me), which the McM would obviously fix.

I'll be interested to hear any first-hand reports of this setup and the ergonomics of that stock on a semi-auto.

I fingered it @ SHOT, huge difference in overall feel and ergonomics from the orginal crap furniture, I will be owning one when its released

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I fingered it @ SHOT, huge difference in overall feel and ergonomics from the orginal crap furniture, I will be owning one when its released </div></div>

What's the retail supposed to be on that thing? Is it bedded from the factory like their SPR's?

If they could get a 3/4 MOA factory gun it would definitely be something
smile.gif

You know, I own a FNAR and I absolutely hate the stock. The gun will most certainly shoot sub MOA. This thread has piqued my interest.

Now off the find a price.

Wow, that is awesome! I really like My FNAR shoots lights out, and this just looks awesome! Count me in as soon as they become available.

Not listed on their website so I shot them a email.

I wonder hos much just the stock will cost.
Looks way better than the FNAR with stock furniture.
A buddy of mine has one. I like the gun, but I haven't gotten to try it out myself yet. And sadly my friend is a really lousy shot, so the groups he is producing is not representative of any gun he is using.

I'm a lousy shot too. 100y cold barrel and windy

sg.jpg

If you are a lousy shot, my friend is a retarded and blind one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrSwede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you are a lousy shot, my friend is a retarded and blind one. </div></div>

hahaha and apparently doesn't read forums
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrSwede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you are a lousy shot, my friend is a retarded and blind one. </div></div>

LOL.

I was on a bench that day. I almost always shoot prone and my groups definitely get larger, need more work I suppose. My point is this gun will shoot sub, no problem.

I'm curious on how you access the gas system, action bars and bolt.

That stock is a FN stock. The dude in the pic is a FN rep looking at the logo on the shirt and if you look at the white sheet under the gun it has the FN logo water marked into it. I guess I'll put in a call to Bob Ayles at FN to see if he's got some more info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sin City Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That stock is a FN stock. The dude in the pic is a FN rep looking at the logo on the shirt and if you look at the white sheet under the gun it has the FN logo water marked into it. I guess I'll put in a call to Bob Ayles at FN to see if he's got some more info. </div></div>

It's their shotshow booth.

WOW, major improvement over the original stock design at least aesthetically speaking.

I'm ASSuming it uses the same proprietary FN mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sin City Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That stock is a FN stock. The dude in the pic is a FN rep looking at the logo on the shirt and if you look at the white sheet under the gun it has the FN logo water marked into it. I guess I'll put in a call to Bob Ayles at FN to see if he's got some more info. </div></div>

It's their shotshow booth. </div></div>

I was under the impression it was McMillan's booth from the title. McMillan is probably looking at the email I sent them and saying WTF over!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW, major improvement over the original stock design at least aesthetically speaking.

I'm ASSuming it uses the same proprietary FN mags? </div></div>

Looking at the mag in the picture, I would say yes, same mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sin City Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sin City Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That stock is a FN stock. The dude in the pic is a FN rep looking at the logo on the shirt and if you look at the white sheet under the gun it has the FN logo water marked into it. I guess I'll put in a call to Bob Ayles at FN to see if he's got some more info. </div></div>

It's their shotshow booth. </div></div>

I was under the impression it was McMillan's booth from the title. McMillan is probably looking at the email I sent them and saying WTF over! </div></div>

Haha, yeah it's def the FN setup there
smile.gif
THey had their supersecret no pictures stand just off to the right there that I'm sure ended up in the background of dozens of photos anyhow.

I really liked their setup.

I wonder if I can retrofit my FNAR into that stock hmmmm?

called McMillan today, couldnt get a straight answer, its definantly a McMillan stock. FN rep admitted to it. didnt see if it was bedded or not, the stock and a trigger job and its game on!

I just sent Bob over at FNH a email. Hopefully he can set us straight.

it just makes sense with all the McMillan stocks that FN buys that they would turn to their main custom supplier

Looks good, hope it shoots better than the one I had. I couldn't get mine to shoot better than 1", and most of my guns are 3/4" or better at 100 so I know it wasn't me.

I just looked in FN catalog I snagged, it is a McMillan stock

Hey all,

The FNAR Match is not yet available. Expect late this year, but in limited numbers. Numbers will be limited because McMillan can only make so many stocks per month along with all the other stocks they make. There is no price set yet, either. Expect a few hundred dollars more than a standard stocked FNAR because it is a McMillan stock.

It will take the same magazine. The rifle will be bedded in on the front, near the gas block, and there will be an adaptor block in the rear to accomodate a change from the long rear bolt that attached the original buttstock assembly. The bolt stop will be an intenal set-up only. The external bolt release will not fit around the stock as it comes by the right side of the receiver. It is not hard to access from inside the mag well to lock the bolt to the rear without an empty mag inserted. Bolt release is accomplished by pulling and releasing the charging handle.

Like some have stated, it looks and (more importantly) feels like a bolt gun. The McMillan stock is meant for prone shooting and shooter ergonomics for prone shooting is dramtically improved with this new stock.

McMillan may offer this stock in the future as an aftermarket upgrade for existing FNARs, but FNH does not have that planned. Its up to McMillan.

Final product release test will occur very soon. Once everything is verified and approved by QC and higher ups, we will begin building the rifles in numbers. Like stated, expect no earlier than late this year.

Thanks for your interest in FNH rifles. We are hopeful this new rifle will be successful and well received. It is also California legal without the extremely deadly pistol grip (cynicism implied). Hope this helps clarify some of your questions.

Semper Fidelis,

Bob from FNH sent me a reply.

The New FNAR with the A5 Stock won’t be available till midsummer. I do not think that these stock will be available till next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Action Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The external bolt release will not fit around the stock as it comes by the right side of the receiver. It is not hard to access from inside the mag well to lock the bolt to the rear without an empty mag inserted. Bolt release is accomplished by pulling and releasing the charging handle. </div></div>

Huh.

So this means those of us with existing FNARs who may want this stock will have to make modifications to the bolt catch setup. Can't say I'm real excited about losing the external bolt catch but I do like the stock.

I sent manners a pm about doing a replacement stock, he said he was looking into it and knew all about the mcmillian stock. I would imagine to get an upper hand one would be made needing no mods to the reciever.

I am really hoping manners tackles this project.
Honestly I love my FNAR, it shoots lights out if i do my part. But a manners upgrade I'm positive would be bad ass!
He did mention he would probably need 75 orders to cover making the mold!

This was one of my favorite new guns at the Shot Show.

When I asked the FN rep if this can come with a flush fitting magazine to be more "hunting inconspicuous", I remember a somewhat comical response. Apparently they (FN) segments products / brands by market segments. If this rifle had a flush fitting magazine, it would fall into the sporting market category under the Browning brand. They have to maintain a tacticool look with an evil looking extended mag
smile.gif

--Rootshot

Hello, Im Ric and I am New, but you could sure add my
name to that list of 75 who would buy the mC stock. I
shoot the WIN FX-AR(same as fnar) and get .5 groups at 100yds.
But, I hate the stock!

Note to all. We are making this stock for FNH, but it's been a 1 1/2 year R&D project involved a modified receiver to allow bolting to a standard one piece stock. This stock will not be offered for general sale as it simply will not work with the standard FNAR rifles.
The pre-production prototypes are shooting quite well.
Regards, Dick

The new stock actually makes the gun look reasonably nice; if it was between this and an m1a1 I might pick this. Too bad the standard gun still looks like it was stepped on by ugly.

Manners let me know that they are considering a stock for the FNAR and if there is interest they will look at a group buy for the hide. Fingers crossed...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCMCUBIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manners let me know that they are considering a stock for the FNAR and if there is interest they will look at a group buy for the hide. Fingers crossed...
smile.gif
</div></div>

interesting, i could definitely be interested in that

Benjamin,

This is a bit of a hail-mary pass, but what are chances that the FNAR would be offered in 300WSM and billed as a long range precision tactical rifle?
This is not too much of a stretch since the browning BAR from which it is derived is already chambered in this caliber.

The FNAR in 300 WSM would fix some major (IMHO) short-comings of the BAR series such as
1. Low Magazine capacity.
2. The silly hinged floor plate design.
3. Single piece picatinny rail on the reciver

Additionally, such an offering would preferentially be equipped with a magnum muzzle brake from the factory, making for fast, accurate, follow-up shots without too much recoil.

Its a nice concept, but i'm not holding my breath...

Sinister,

That's a nice looking rifle...it seems to be almost exactly the long range precision tactical rifle i have in mind, sans the camo.

Can i get a rifle like that anywhere?

I looked up the company, but their phone line's disconnected...are they still in business?

A set up like that, but modified to accept AICS mags or another mag design that that feeds reliably while allowing one to load long would be the cat's meow...one can only dream.

Regards,

I would be in for a FNAR stock group buy...
Mike

I am missing your FNAR-I would live to see these in a Manners stock.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent manners a pm about doing a replacement stock, he said he was looking into it and knew all about the mcmillian stock. I would imagine to get an upper hand one would be made needing no mods to the reciever.

I am really hoping manners tackles this project.
Honestly I love my FNAR, it shoots lights out if i do my part. But a manners upgrade I'm positive would be bad ass!
He did mention he would probably need 75 orders to cover making the mold!</div></div>

I would be up for a Manners group buy on the FNAR stock

Just thought I would share. This was a group from my FNAR today at 200 yards in the wind. Damn FNAR out did my POF today and I was using Federal Match 175's in the POF and 165 Prvi hunting ammo in the FNAR! Go figure! I think my suppressor might have been loose on the POF but the FNAR ruled the day with constant sub MOA groups. This group again was at 200 and measure less than 1".

Even sadder is I clean my POF and never clean the FNAR!!!

FNAR200yards.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be up for a Manners group buy on the FNAR stock </div></div>

Add me to the list - is anyone still up for this??

I have been the biggest FNAR fan. I sent it to Mark SAC to have a PWS muzzle brake put on it and have shot it out to 600 yards making 4-5" groups all day with 175gr ammo. You really cant ask for more.

P1000937.jpg

P1000938.jpg

P1000939.jpg