• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Folder needed for Lefty maybe AX GAP or custom ? Advice needed please

HkPlinker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2007
MiSS
I am in the market for a 308. I am looking for a folder in green or DFE. I have been looking at some of your guys pics and I'm leaning at either a AX .308, a GAP in a AX chassis, I don't know. Here's the kicker. I shoot left handed, but prefer a right side bolt. So, I want a standard right hand bolt gun with a left handed (or "Non Right" handed) stock and cheek piece.

Mostly will be used for punching paper up to 400-500 yards.

I currently have a Sako TRG and it feet feels fine.

I don't want to spend a few grand for a AX and find out it feels wrong in my hands.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Thank you for the input. it looks like the AICS chassis with a GA or AI barreled chassis.

Thank you,

Mark

I shoot a right bolt left-handed like you. My RH Gap has an RH Ax chassis and it fits me perfect. Having had both the Ax And Aics I much prefer the Ax ( although honestly both fit and worked just fine ).

How about a McRees Precision chassis? It folds to the left side but the cheekpiece(s) are ambidextrous so you could use them lefty/righty/both...

The more I hear, it sounds like the AICS AX will be fine. Going to sell the TRG and make the leap

Why not just buy a KRG folder for your TRG..... There I just saved you $5000 grand.