• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New for 2023 Optics

Looks like I was being generous to Leupold, I thought it'd be a little lighter and shorter.
The lack of imagination in reticle options is disapointing but entirely expected.
I was right there with you.
If they've managed to change the optical setup to squeeze a little better FOV from it that'd be a nice change, but if it ends up as 52-53ft @ 100yards on 2x, that'll be pretty lame.
You nailed it exactly, 2x FOV is 52.9'

I'm confused. That power range has been around for a long time... Why the sudden hard on? Just that it's a Mark 5?

In general, been waiting for a quality FFP MPVO with the right feature set and without certain compromises for awhile.

Reactions: Steven.Blk
@Glassaholic They may be nice but I'm REALLY REALLY hoping for a low profile capped version. If they managed to make it like 2 settings brighter I'd be tempted to unload my atacr to try this out...
March needs to get their act together with illumination on FFP reticles, just about every one else has much brighter illumination. The dual focal plane is a unique touch and I like the fire dot look, but most other mfr’s have daylight bright illumination with FFP reticles.

As for capped, that’d be a great option, March listens to customer feedback so if enough people let them know they may offer it, I know that was (is?) an option on the SFP version of this scope.

Reactions: jakelly and Leftie
Ilya sent the specs out and Leupold really Leupolded it.

March needs to get their act together with illumination on FFP reticles, just about every one else has much brighter illumination. The dual focal plane is a unique touch and I like the fire dot look, but most other mfr’s have daylight bright illumination with FFP reticles.

As for capped, that’d be a great option, March listens to customer feedback so if enough people let them know they may offer it, I know that was (is?) an option on the SFP version of this scope.
The dfp is the weird 33/30mm but came in a capped version

I had a dual focal 1-10 shorty with the weird tube and capped turrets. I wonder what kind of weight gain the 34mm tube gets? The March-branded mount by Audere is a pig and tossing it to use something svelter is a win.

To me seeing the new Mark 5 2-10's form factor it seems like it will be at home on REECE type rifles like CR2 was planning on putting it on. To me this is a LPVO form factor for those that run a LPVO with a RDS. Being a 5x erector we will have to see if it mitigates the inherent issues that come with 8x or 10x systems. As of now I think it's an interesting approach for the LPVO+RDS market.

I'll definitely be stopping by the booth to take a look.

In the vein of the OP's question "New for 2023 Optics", March has announced the release of another riflescope, the March-X 8-80X56 HM WA X. The HM stands for High Master, meaning it has the Super ED glass; WA stands for Wide-Angle, with the eyepiece being 25degrees as opposed to the 20 degrees of the regular eyepieces; and X stands for the Shuriken locks on the adjustment knobs.

It's an SFP riflescope with a 34mm tube and it's big and heavy. The complete antithesis of the LPVOs/MPVOs that have been mentioned on this thread so far.

Reactions: Glassaholic

The MIL version of the SFP 1.5-15X42 has capped turrets. The MOA version has exposed knobs. March does indeed listen so if people want capped turrets on the FFP version or the Dual Reticle version, contact DEON and tell them. However, the shuriken locks on the knobs are something else, which to my mind eliminate (or greatly diminish) the desire for capped turrets.

The MIL version of the SFP 1.5-15X42 has capped turrets. The MOA version has exposed knobs. March does indeed listen so if people want capped turrets on the FFP version or the Dual Reticle version, contact DEON and tell them. However, the shuriken locks on the knobs are something else, which to my mind eliminate (or greatly diminish) the desire for capped turrets.
I like low profile capped turrets since I like to top mount a rds for passive.

Reactions: Denys
In the vein of the OP's question "New for 2023 Optics", March has announced the release of another riflescope, the March-X 8-80X56 HM WA X.

Screw LPVOs/MPVOs haha!

The mag range, the model name, and even their (not new) name for their turrets reads like an April Fool’s joke, I swear. They just need to work in the phrase “counter sniper” or something.

But I’m sure it’s fantastic. I really do think that.

One note; people always give March crap about their little rubber button thingy for illumination. I agree it looks sorta off.

But nobody disses NF for the same interface. I suppose it’s because NF’s button is hard (hell, maybe March’s is too…never held one) and “hidden” because it’s adorned with a logo and flush to the parallax knob.

Perhaps March just needs to class up the button.

• Haha
Reactions: Denys
Well, I did say that it was in the vein of the original question about new optics for 2023. Is it my fault that people here go on wild tangents and will pursue down the rabbit hole?

I think DEON is very proud of their shuriken turret locks and they are using them a lot. The ones I tested were really slick and I like the fact you have a toolless 0-set on the elevation knob.

To your point about "counter sniper," I didn't notice any use of Zerebedium-Antimonium in the glass (or elsewhere) and they don't mention Russian ICBMs.

I must confess that I missed the thread or threads in which people talk about the illumination button thingy. Then again, I don't read everything here (or elsewhere.) I'm not a big user of illumination but the few times that I have tried it on a March, the button was just fine. I think it's a lot less obtrusive compared to the big-ass warts that some illuminated riflescopes sport on their tubes and other places.

Maybe a different color would be to your liking? Purple or camouflaged? I hear that's all the rage these days.:eek:

Well, I did say that it was in the vein of the original question about new optics for 2023. Is it my fault that people here go on wild tangents and will pursue down the rabbit hole?

I think DEON is very proud of their shuriken turret locks and they are using them a lot. The ones I tested were really slick and I like the fact you have a toolless 0-set on the elevation knob.

To your point about "counter sniper," I didn't notice any use of Zerebedium-Antimonium in the glass (or elsewhere) and they don't mention Russian ICBMs.

I must confess that I missed the thread or threads in which people talk about the illumination button thingy. Then again, I don't read everything here (or elsewhere.) I'm not a big user of illumination but the few times that I have tried it on a March, the button was just fine. I think it's a lot less obtrusive compared to the big-ass warts that some illuminated riflescopes sport on their tubes and other places.

Maybe a different color would be to your liking? Purple or camouflaged? I hear that's all the rage these days.:eek:
I'm not knocking the turrets-they seem like a slick design. Just prefer low-pro capped ones

Hahah @Denys I get it. Not blaming you for the extended trip down LVPO/MVPO lane.

I think their locks look good and I’m sure they work well. I like the thinking behind March scopes. Even “Shuriken” is a good name, witty, even, given their origin.

It’s just that, in combination, they are getting close to jumping the shark with their naming conventions.

I didn't notice any use of Zerebedium-Antimonium in the glass (or elsewhere) and they don't mention Russian ICBMs.
Got a chuckle out of this, haha. ICBMs mwhahaha

For March, High Master Shuriken Majesta…will Hands of Death be next?

Perhaps going right over the top would actually be a brilliant marketing strategy. A bit like Q (I know, I know).

The Vainglorious Shogun Flows Like Water Dances Like Snake Unbelievaba Shuriken Silk Mamba is now for sale!!

Last edited:
Hahah I get it. Not blaming you for the extended trip down LVPO/MVPO lane.

I think their locks look good and I’m sure they work well. I like the thinking behind March scopes. Even “Shuriken” is a good name, witty, even, given their origin.

It’s just that, in combination, they are getting close to jumping the shark with their naming conventions.

Perhaps going right over the top would actually be a brilliant marketing strategy. A bit like Q (I know, I know).

The Vainglorious Shogun Flows Like Water Dances Like Snake Unbelievaba Shuriken Silk Mamba is now for sale!!
Stay tuned for the new Shogun illumination system :ROFLMAO: Shuriken is the Japanese name for the ninja star which is what the lock design looks like, I think it is a clever name but more importantly the functionality is really nice, very easy to turn on and off but not so easy it could be bumped accidentally.

Stay tuned for the new Shogun illumination system :ROFLMAO: Shuriken is the Japanese name for the ninja star which is what the lock design looks like, I think it is a clever name but more importantly the functionality is really nice, very easy to turn on and off but not so easy it could be bumped accidentally.
Go easy on me, Tank Top Tiger. I got this.

I’m hopeful to see a 3-18 match pro Ed. I have a feeling there is another scope I will like for hunting coming too.

Hahah @Denys I get it. Not blaming you for the extended trip down LVPO/MVPO lane.

Yep, I hear you. The nomenclature can sometimes get away from you as you want to put so much into it.

I understand the use of HM to denote the fact the lens system is not the same as in the existing 8-80X56. I also understand the use of WA to underscore use of the wide angle eyepiece in this riflescope; it makes a huge difference. I'm not sure the X that denotes the Shuriken-style locks was needed, but there we are. At least they had the good sense to give it a name that fits it well and in one swell foop (??) encompasses all the new features: Majesta.

I've never seen a dancing snake. Does it do the tango or a waltz? Maybe just the mambo?

Shark!

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
In your case, I suggest "Tank Top Tigger." :cool:
But then I couldn't use this for my image
1673635452596.png

So how do you tell the difference between the old Primary Arms SLx series and the "new" SLx series, will they be called Gen2 or are they just quietly upgrading the line?

Reactions: FuhQ
Anyone know the eye box/relief specs for the PA 5x prism? Are we at TA31 ACOG levels or better?

So how do you tell the difference between the old Primary Arms SLx series and the "new" SLx series, will they be called Gen2 or are they just quietly upgrading the line?
Reticles are different, they also have fancier turret caps and other cosmetic changes:

Reticles are different, they also have fancier turret caps and other cosmetic changes:

So, is the new SLx 1-10x28 SFP 34mm with the ACSS GRIFFIN M10S MIL reticle one of the new ones, or old ones? I had never seen it on their website until recently when I bought mine, which leads me to believe new revamped line… But not sure? 🤷🏼

Well ... at the very least, SWFA are meant to be releasing updated versions this year.

Their 3-9 has served many of us well for hunting for years ... keep it at the same weight, but improve the glass, and that should keep it going for another decade or so ... :)
You got more info on this news?

Any rumors or leaks on something new from zco or Tangent theta?

I’m ready to pull the trigger on a TT315 LRH, but I’m having a hard time doing that right before the shot show.

Reactions: Secant and jh2785
Any rumors or leaks on something new from zco or Tangent theta?

I’m ready to pull the trigger on a TT315 LRH, but I’m having a hard time doing that right before the shot show.
TT has a new 7-35x56 with 36mm tube coming out at SHOT. No new scopes from ZCO doesn’t appear. I don’t see anything that would compete with the TT315M/H, but it’s less than a week to find out for sure if you can wait a few days.

Yeah, you’re missing 2.5-9.9.
I guess it depends on your use case and what you are doing. For my uses (primarily hunting) most things that need shot within 2-300 hundred yards are not getting mil'd. Their getting a hold over and shot at 2.5-5 or 6x. Anything that needs more mag or there is a desire to mil it the scope is going to 10 in all likelihood anyway.

I guess it depends on your use case and what you are doing. For my uses (primarily hunting) most things that need shot within 2-300 hundred yards are not getting mil'd. Their getting a hold over and shot at 2.5-5 or 6x. Anything that needs more mag or there is a desire to mil it the scope is going to 10 in all likelihood anyway.
I want to use the reticle at all mag ranges. Whether for wind holds, leads on running game, hold overs, or whatever else, I want to know what I’m holding. I also don’t want the potential to make a horrible mistake on an animal I worked hard to find by being on 6x instead of 10x. For me the potential for problems makes SFP hard to understand outside of PBR. I don’t care if it’s a 1-4, I want FFP.

I would rather deal with the limitations of 3x erectors than reticles that don’t work. I would also rather deal with the limitations of a fixed power scope than the liabilities of a SFP variable.

Just saw the leupold specs. Disappointed in the 2.5-10 and didn't see the PR2 listed on the 3-18. So help me...God if they don't put that damn reticle in that scope.

Reactions: K80/6.5
Not to keep beating the Bushnell horse, but I’d like to see an updated LRTSi. IMO, it didn’t seem like they were gaining much traction until they started being closed out or sold on the secondary market for $750-850. Even prior to that, it always appeared they flew under the radar and never carried the positive praise like they have for the past couple years. Personally, if they updated the LRTSi, I’d likely purchase a few in the 3-12x or similar range.

PA appears to be coming out with an MPVO so the concept must be gaining traction again 🤷‍♂️

New NF 7-35 Atacr prices are dropping like a stones (edit: you gotta call to discover this, and those “like-new demo” scopes? Most likely new but opened). Haven’t spot-checked other Atacr’s or NX8’s.

Something’s up.

So do I buy now, or wait for some announcement of an inevitably more $$$ NF Atacr scope? Then, will current NF 7-35 new prices plummet further making inventory disappear instantly?

Hmmmm…
Thats cause nxs is discontinued, and nx6 is the replacement.

Exactly. We don't all shoot in the same conditions. Some years ago I found that a 3.5-10 SFP scope was very suitable for the wooded areas I hunt. I quickly settled on 3.5x as the standard setting for FOV and good exit pupil, then if I wanted a closer look at something, I went all the way up to 10x, where the Gen 2 mildot reticle subtended. I often hunt in a cleared utility right-of-way that's about 400 yards long from one side of a steep ravine to the next, and I made a point of determining the distances at various points along that clearing, so I know what my drops need to be. I don't recall ever taking a shot over 200 yards. I sold that scope a few years ago and replaced it with a SFP 1.5-6x42 Burris 4X scope with a German No4 reticle and an illuminated center dot. I usually set it at 2x to start and occasionally crank it up to 6x and find that it gets the job done just fine. Again, it's all about the particular use case. Having said that, all my long range scopes are FFP.

Last edited:
Ok…a 2-12x38/40/42 FFP NX6 with capped windage and locking elevation at 17 oz, right???
Not going to happen.
The only 6x scopes even close to that are the VX6 and Swaro Z6, neither of which have a stellar reputation for ruggedness or reliablity.
Not to mention the only FFP scope on the market that in even remotely lightweight is the Razor LHT and that also gets shat on for being un-reliable.

If you want something that lightweight you are probably going to need a 3x or 4x erretor, no side focus, less than 10mil turrets and a buch of other compromises. The FFP SWFA 3-9x42 still weighs 19oz even with all of the above compromises.

Hence why I think the MVPO market is going to be very difficult to fill as the specs people want just aren't possible for the price people are wanting to pay, maybe even regardless of price as the new March scope cost $3000 and still weighs 24oz.