• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New for 2023 Optics

I thought I saw a NF online with 6x as low power… I think mpa or GAP had a video of a new rifle with the nx6 on
I suppose we'll find out in a couple days. If true, hopefully they don't pull a Leupold.

A Nightforce NX6 FFP 2-12x42 with 30mm tube, around 22ish ounces and an illuminated DMX reticle could really be enticing. If objective is 32mm then I'd like to see it under 20 ounces.

Even a NX8 1.5-12x42 with above specs would be exciting.

I suppose we'll find out in a couple days. If true, hopefully they don't pull a Leupold.

A Nightforce NX6 FFP 2-12x42 with 30mm tube, around 22ish ounces and an illuminated DMX reticle could really be enticing. If objective is 32mm then I'd like to see it under 20 ounces.

Even a NX8 1.5-12x42 with above specs would be exciting.

I like your NX8 idea. Scrap my NX6. NX8 1.5-12x42 FFP with illumination would be the penultimate hunting scope.

I think just offering an updated reticle in the 42mm nxs would be a great start.

I'm fine with the 5mil turrets. And 30mm tube. Don't want it to get much heavier than it's existing weight at 20oz.

If I can't have everything, I think this would be the most easiest, most attainable path forward.

Something like the milxt but with slightly fewer wind holds on the tree.

Reactions: Shrubjr
I think just offering an updated reticle in the 42mm nxs would be a great start.

I'm fine with the 5mil turrets. And 30mm tube. Don't want it to get much heavier than it's existing weight at 20oz.

If I can't have everything, I think this would be the most easiest, most attainable path forward.

That with capped turrets would be an excellent start!! NF, you listenin??

I’d love to see a 2-12x42 and 3-18x44, both ffp, with FC-DMX reticle, zero stop elevation and capped windage, illuminated reticle, under 22 and 25 oz, 30mm tubes, for under $2k respectively. A 1.5-9x32 would be cool as hell too.

I hope the nx6 is a thing. For everyone else's sake. I have no hope if it happens. My wife will kill me.:cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: JDB55
So that would make the March-FX 1.5-15X42 FFP or Dual Reticle, both with illumination, the ultimate hunting scope. And it can be ordered now. :cool:
I am very excited about this scope and can't wait to get it on a rifle!!!

Reactions: Denys
So that would make the March-FX 1.5-15X42 FFP or Dual Reticle, both with illumination, the ultimate hunting scope. And it can be ordered now. :cool:
How do you figure? It’s projected to be the same weight as an LRHS. For me, this scope is everything I hoped it wouldn’t be. To their credit, March stayed on brand. I’m sure for some use cases this would be pretty exciting.

How do you figure? It’s projected to be the same weight as an LRHS. For me, this scope is everything I hoped it wouldn’t be. To their credit, March stayed on brand. I’m sure for some use cases this would be pretty exciting.
Well, the original post about the "penultimate" scope was:
"NX8 1.5-12x42 FFP with illumination would be the penultimate hunting scope."

I don't see LRHS mentioned in there, instead ChrisAU is talking about a riflescope made from unobtanium and filled with unicorn farts as being the penultimate hunting scope.

I was just pointing out that the March-FX, which exists and can be ordered, has a little more magnification range and is available with dual reticles compared to his pipe dream.

But to your question, I am not familiar with LRHS, but I think that's some kind of Bushnell. Their website only shows one LRHS, the 4.5-18X44 LRHS2. It's 27.5 ounces to the March-FX 1.5-15X42 24 ounces

Last edited:

To go from 15 to 10mil per rev requires an entirely new thread pitch. I doubt they’d ever convert a 15 to a 10

Reactions: CSTactical
So, is the new SLx 1-10x28 SFP 34mm with the ACSS GRIFFIN M10S MIL reticle one of the new ones, or old ones? I had never seen it on their website until recently when I bought mine, which leads me to believe new revamped line… But not sure? 🤷🏼
The SLx 1-10 is kind of in between the old SLx and the new SLx. The turrets on the 1-10 are definitely from the older SLx. It is a decent scope. My buddy has it and I’ve shot it a ton of times.

By the way, penultimate doesn’t mean what you think it means 😉
Yeah, for some reason there are people who think penultimate means the best or the top. It just means the "one before last." This is one step ahead of antepenultimate, but now we are getting into antediluvial thinking and we mustn't do that.

Yeah, for some reason there are people who think penultimate means the best or the top. It just means the "one before last." This is one step ahead of antepenultimate, but now we are getting into antediluvial thinking and we mustn't do that.
I had someone correct me last year because I used the very same term - interesting how some words we think we understand the meaning but sometimes mean different or the opposite of what we're thinking. How many of us are old enough to remember the cultural trend years ago to use the word "bad" to actually mean something really good. "Dude, that is a "bad" scope you got there..." :ROFLMAO:

Here's a new one from us being unveiled at SHOT.

Oooh, a 15x with reticle - NICE! Will be a great option for budget minded folks, but at the price point it's not going to have great glass, would love to see a version of this using your ED Prime glass for about $1k more (hint hint).

Oooh, a 15x with reticle - NICE! Will be a great option for budget minded folks, but at the price point it's not going to have great glass, would love to see a version of this using your ED Prime glass for about $1k more (hint hint).
It's based on the Forge 15x56 with ED. That bino is the foundation. So if you've seen those, you've seen what the optics on this one looks like. We just added some things to it.

It's based on the Forge 15x56 with ED. That bino is the foundation. So if you've seen those, you've seen what the optics on this one looks like. We just added some things to it.
Novel idea and execution. Do these have both eye diopter adjustments? Something like this with a lrf built in would be BAD! @Glassaholic 😂 I have no idea the level of glass in the Forge line. I see guys as local matches who carry an extra scope with a dual faced pic rail attached for milling targets pre-stage. I wish the kilo 10k would have had a 0.2 subtension etched reticle in them.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Novel idea and execution. Do these have both eye diopter adjustments? Something like this with a lrf built in would be BAD! @Glassaholic 😂 I have no idea the level of glass in the Forge line. I see guys as local matches who carry an extra scope with a dual faced pic rail attached for milling targets pre-stage. I wish the kilo 10k would have had a 0.2 subtension etched reticle in them.
Yup, dual diopter adjustments. The reticle also rotates so you'll be able to level it totally plumb no matter the IPD hinge angle.

1673969478145.png

Have to ask the Bushy Boys-if you don’t feel the need to support the LRHS/LRTS market segment because of lack of apparent interest or sales opportunity, but do feel the demand for what is actually a likely more limited market in the PRS world-help me understand the logic. The LRHS/TS product line ticked a lot of boxes for glass, tracking and durability, left some on the table for weight and length, and was a solid product that could do with some refinement that would make it quite competitive in what now/today appears to be an emerging and very busy LPVO/MPVO market. Perhaps you were just ahead of your time in this segment. Unless you’ve got a few rabbits in your hat for SHOT, why essentially abandon this market? Please don’t get me wrong, am a solid Bushnell supporter, with at least 10 or more on hand and in use-just would like to see you advance an already solid concept forward with some further enhancement/development. All ears.

Man, pretty quiet here on the first day of SHOT. Nothing new from Nightforce, it seems?

Looks like Bushnell got a 15x56 set of binos out there with a reticle. My prayers have finally been answered, and for a decent price too. I couldn't use the Steiner M1050R with glasses, and their FOV was pretty narrow too. This checks a whole lot of boxes. I hope to see some other sellers do this too.

The LRTS/LRHS thing has been discussed online and with the team here. From the previous sales we're not convinced the market's big enough to devote the R&D into bringing back something in the same configuration, at least not exactly.

There's a cult following for those scopes, and we hear people. The previous sales of the LRHS/LRTS and the fact that a replacement made in Japan (In-house rule is Elite Tactical is Japanese COO) is going to have a significantly higher cost than what they used to sell for is what is making us leery of bringing it back. If it did come back it'd have to be a clean-sheet design, and we're talking a long time before that would even be announced if it was green-lit. With the success of the Match Pro ED scope, we're also looking at what can be done in that price segment. We'd have to make sure it made sense and wasn't some jack of all trades, master of none optic.

Thanks for reply-guess I'm one of those cult guys, and also appreciate my DMR2 Pro and DMR3 on large frame AR’s and my bolt guns. Will look forward to your further developments, though hopeful the market isn’t too crowded when it finally comes around.

PXL_20230117_160139037.jpg

PXL_20230117_160608780.jpg

So 10 mil turrets on ZCO, a TT 7-35, a MK5 2-10 with shitty reticle options, and a Chinese 15x bino with a reticle is all we got this year?
market is pretty saturated at this point, which is great for us consumers

almost all glass is all really good
almost all turrets track perfect
everyone has 5+ rets that are personal preference
all have great waranty

wont be anything ground breaking until price competitive electronic integration

but the SB 10-60 seems pretty cool...

Reactions: Pronghunter
The LRTS/LRHS thing has been discussed online and with the team here. From the previous sales we're not convinced the market's big enough to devote the R&D into bringing back something in the same configuration, at least not exactly.

There's a cult following for those scopes, and we hear people. The previous sales of the LRHS/LRTS and the fact that a replacement made in Japan (In-house rule is Elite Tactical is Japanese COO) is going to have a significantly higher cost than what they used to sell for is what is making us leery of bringing it back. If it did come back it'd have to be a clean-sheet design, and we're talking a long time before that would even be announced if it was green-lit. With the success of the Match Pro ED scope, we're also looking at what can be done in that price segment. We'd have to make sure it made sense and wasn't some jack of all trades, master of none optic.
A re-engineered DMR-4 weighing 28oz and over 30ft FOV at 3.5 with proportional FOV increase @ 21x would be excellent. All other features staying the same. Just talking out loud 😉