• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from Middle TN

JKell9

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2018
Hello all,

Dropping the new member introduction. Decided to start long range shooting earlier this year and it seems buying things for this hobby is about as bad as any other.

Purchased a Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5creedmoor :D. I haven't done much to it yet except added a Harris bipod and Vortex Viper scope with level.
Gun is great and feel good about the purchase. I'm hitting good groups at 500yds, but worried the Vortex may not be able to handle visibility for the 1000yd shot. Don't really plan on moving up to that until im on at 600 and 750 every time though.

I did buy a Forster Coax Press and Energetic Armament Vox suppressor, but they will not be arriving for some time. :oops:

Any other suggestions/reasons to upgrade anything else?

I have my own log book, and eventually plan to get a rangefinder, Kestrel, Labradar.

Timney or keep stock trigger? :unsure:
I tried adjusting the stock trigger, but still doesnt feel just right for me. I know the Timney i shot with on an AR felt so easy to pull

Chassis upgrade worth it? brands outside of KRG or MDT? :unsure:

I've looked and have done some research on my, but curious what others think.

Suppose best is to just buy bullets and send them down range, but thats another topic

:),
Jason

P.S. I like emojis

welcome, Jason. As you said 600/750 I assume you're shooting at Strategic Edge.

A buddy runs a similar rifle. Very capable out to 1k. Not knowing the particulars of your scope and base I can't say if you need anything else to go to 1k, but I bet you'll be fine if you have a 20MOA base.

Good practice really is key, and taking good notes (at least initially) will help with wind, etc.

Look forward to seeing you on the range sometime.

Chris