• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New from Ohio

Blinks711

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
I have been lurking on here for a few years but just recently started to post. Thanks for a great forum and a fantastic information resource. I have been a shooter all of my life and have recently caught the custom rifle bug. Now it is trying to find trigger time and distance in Central Ohio.

Welcome, there is a good group on here. Since west jeff closed anything over 100 yards is about 90 miles unless its private , several great ranges listed in the comp and training section (tvp and raynors) to start.

Welcome to the Forum. Reynors is likely your best option. I work on Schrock across from the brewery I live near fredericktown. My in laws own 70 acres so I have about 350 yard range. When I go further I shoot at reynors.

Find some farmers that will let you hunt groundhogs. They generally don't mind a piece of steel to keep your rifle tuned on. Most have plenty of long range fields where a hasty backstop can be made

Welcome to the Forum. Reynors is likely your best option. I work on Schrock across from the brewery I live near fredericktown. My in laws own 70 acres so I have about 350 yard range. When I go further I shoot at reynors.

You are basically my neighbor.

I live in Fredericktown.

I started out as a kid on 86 acres outside of Athens and could shoot anywhere I wanted from the roof off my bedroom window. I had all of my distances marked off and knew the land by heart. After that I moved to Northwest Ohio where we had a 1000 yards marked off in a neighbor's field with wind flags range markers. I took all of that for granted when I moved to Columbus in the 90's and have since been hedged in on the state ranges. Rayner's and Thunder Valley seem to be my only options these days and I count myself lucky to have them albeit a process to get there. I just miss the option of not having to load up all my gear for a long trip to the range. Murphy's law always kicks in and I always seem to miss packing one piece of essential kit.
I have a small but good network of like minded shooters but would love to meet a few more of you guys.

I live on Yankee st. Small world. There's a couple other hide members who live in Mount vernon.

I never realized there were that many hide members around there. I live in Newark but work in fredericktown when they don't have me out of state. Iv got a freind up on Yankee so I know about where your at, looks like some decent shooting if you can get in good with a few farmers.

I live just south of Grove City. Other than private land your only real options are Thunder Valley and Rayners. Im fortunate that once the crops come down I have 825yards off my deck and can get further if I want to shoot at a different angle in the field behind the house. Just waiting for the crops to get cut since the farmer lets me set my steel up and leave it all winter. Welcome to the addiction. Too bad the addiction costs so much time and money to enjoy.

Greetings from another Central Ohio shooter. I live just southeast of Columbus in Canal Winchester. The range I mostly go to and am a member at is Briar Rabbit in Zanesville which is about an hour drive for me. They have a 400 yard rifle range where you have to bring your own targets, and several pistol bays with lots of steel targets that they provide. I do love Rayners Range, but it is over an hour and a half away, but defintely worth it for shooting longer range. Rayners also does long range matches and USPSA which I began doing this year. I have not yet been to Thunder Valley which is even further, but plan on making a trip there next year. It sure would be nice to have a chunk of private property with a decent amount of range distance for some of us local Hide members to meet up at.

Last edited:
I never realized there were that many hide members around there. I live in Newark but work in fredericktown when they don't have me out of state. Iv got a freind up on Yankee so I know about where your at, looks like some decent shooting if you can get in good with a few farmers.
It's is indeed most farmers don't mind me practicing by shooting ground hogs.

Marion OH, here. Puts Rayners about 3 ours away. Bet I go anyway.
All we have around here is 100yds.
1 Club 10 miles away with 400 yds, but they want me to "work the range" 2 days a year. Not sure I can commit that.
No guests allowed. Join or don't. No single day passes. :(

Really need to stretch the 700 308 to test the shooter.
0.5 groups at 100, so I really need to find out what's out farther.

I'm up north of Columbus about 50 minutes. Shoot TVP pretty regularly. Mostly open ranges, but have hit a few headhunter shoots. Those are a blast.

Went to tvp for the first time last week. Was awesome.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Sunday. Had the trg22.

evumu9ed.jpg

Gotcha, I was down Saturday. Pretty busy compared to what it normally is. I can't wait for next year to hit some more HH shoots. Learned more about my rifle in 20 rounds than I had in a whole day of open range.