• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW from XLR Industries CARBON chassis

Re: NEW from XLR Industries CARBON chassis

Kyle!!!

You got to do us a pic of the 15.5" guard on the 20" barrel! I'm dying to know what my setup is going to look like! I can't wait 9 more weeks lol!!

Also, can you elaborate on the "push button" folder? Is it different than the standard ace folder on the site? If so I might want to add that to my bill!

Thanks
Austin

Those are beautiful. Thanks for posting 'em up.

I second the need for short barrel/long forend pics. Mine will be more like 18 or 16.5, though...

Awesome looking rifles, those handguards are really something else.

Does the carbo chassis come in color options?

When I see things of beauty like this, it makes living in the UK suck even more. Dare I ask if these can be exported to the UK?

Having an European dealer would be a good news!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bob7-08</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having an European dealer would be a good news! </div></div>

But bad news for my bank account. Lol

I just ordered one of these, it is my second chassis from XLR. The first came in 2 weeks. This one will be about 10, and I know it will be worth the wait. Its great to see how XLR has really taken off and grown. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they do. Kyle sent me close ups of the new proprietary folding mechanism.... very clean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jj302</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Kyle sent me close ups of the new proprietary folding mechanism.... very clean.
</div></div>

Do share. It's a feature that has been holding me back.

Here you go.

folder2_1.jpg

folder2_2.jpg

Ok, now I'm getting more and more interested. I would like to see a QD socket on the rear of the chassis. both sides so one could carry with stock open or closed. I wonder if there's enough space/material to mount one?

Looks AWESOME. Much much more sleek. Does it lock in both positions?

ordered mine last week. i'll have to stare at my barreled action with scope on it for 8 weeks and make "bang" sounds

how much for a new folder latch? thats the only thing i dont love about my xlr is the wiggle in the stock. if that new latch will lock up without the wiggle i want one.

I would love to see a Badger M2008 in one of these. I want to use the M2008 for my next build but limited on chassis options. I really like the look of the carbon fiber XLR, might have to get a carbon fiber wrapped barrel to match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR338nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to see a Badger M2008 in one of these. I want to use the M2008 for my next build but limited on chassis options. I really like the look of the carbon fiber XLR, might have to get a carbon fiber wrapped barrel to match. </div></div>

I have a Badger M2008 in the carbon chassis and I am quite happy with it. I've had mine since 9-2012. Kyle will make custom inlets for many actions at no additional cost but he already has one for the Badger M2008. Kyle is great to deal with and you will love his chassis. As for the folder I had a previous version of the folder that I was unhappy with, the new version is much better, rock solid and adjustable if you do develop any slop over time.

John

Has anyone cerakoted one of these carbon hand guards? Mine should be on the way in @4wks cant wait

7 weeks today !!! waiting, waiting, everything ready here for the project to be completed.

Had my mind pretty much set on an AI chassis until I saw this thread. Made a call to XLR and placed the order on the 9th of this month. Kyle was great to chat with, answered all my dumb questions and was a gentleman. Now just trying to patiently wait it out, but damn I'm excited to get this.
Kyle,any chance on an early completion date? ;)

I'm debating if I should just pony up and get the carbon instead of the Al. Anyone have both? Is the carbon worth the extra coin? I won't really be hauling it around, but that carbon sure looks nice.

I can't wait to drop my custom savage 18 inch .308 into this beast! only a little a little longer to go...

Can someone tell me if I'm brain dead? I got my side folder mechanism, and have the castle nut loosened but the tube won't budge. Is this thing just german torqued ("Gutentite") is it torque on to a certain spec? I'm afraid of hosing something if I put much more force to it, without knowing for sure...

I have an H.S. Precision accurized and barreled REM. 700 LA in .300 win mag but this chassis has NO way to accomodate a front rail if I want to add NV sights. Sorry Charlie. I'm still looking.

I have an H.S. Precision accurized and barreled REM. 700 LA in .300 win mag but this chassis has NO way to accomodate a front rail if I want to add NV sights. Sorry Charlie. I'm still looking.

How about the aluminum version?

Can someone tell me if I'm brain dead? I got my side folder mechanism, and have the castle nut loosened but the tube won't budge. Is this thing just german torqued ("Gutentite") is it torque on to a certain spec? I'm afraid of hosing something if I put much more force to it, without knowing for sure...

Never mind, I was only partially brain dead (I figured it out).

Rem.700 SPS AAC SD XLR Carbon .308

The wait is over ! ,and it was worth it. Could not be happier with this chassis.
Thank You Kyle !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

It looks like you could cover the whole thing in rails if that's what you wanted to do.

Looks good. Cant wait to get one for myself. Looks like your scope is hitting?
The scope is touching ever so slightly in one spot,the handguard slides on and of with out a problem,not sure if it will cause a problem,I may have to try slightly higher rings.These are leupold prw med.rings,and my scope is a Vortex HS 5-15x44 Mil Dot.

Does anyone have pics of the carbon 15.5" handguard on a 20" barrel? I'm four weeks into my order and thinking about changing from my original choice.

XLR 15.5" Handgaurd w/ 20-5/8" Barrel.

Does anyone have pics of the carbon 15.5" handguard on a 20" barrel? I'm four weeks into my order and thinking about changing from my original choice.

To the base of the suppressor is exactly 20"

Attachments

• IMG_0700-2.jpg
    IMG_0700-2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 21
Just received this pic from Kyle of the 15.5" on a 20" barrel.
Thanks Kyle!

Attachments

• XLR_15.5.jpg
    XLR_15.5.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 24
I'm pretty sure every photo I've seen of the Carbon chassis has the tactical stock. Is the tactical stock standard on the XLR Carbon?