• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW from XLR Industries CARBON chassis

I've been itching for one of these for a long time. Cant wait to be able to grab one down the road!

You literally posted this 2 days after I ordered mine. I with I would have know about the carbon chassis, I would have waited a little longer for it.

Hey,

Can someone tell me the inside dimension of the Carbon hand guard?
I'm trying to figure out if the hand guard will cover the silencer on a 16.5" Remington 700 .308.
Anyone using a 15.5" hand guard with a 16.5" barrel?

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks-

Hg ID is 1.705" at the muzzle. My savage above has a 22" barrel. With the 16.5" you will have about the length of an a2 flashhider stickin out

Looks like its been awhile since someone asked about a Savage 110 long action inlet being available. Any change of plans to include it ?

Thanks,
Fz

Ok, I'm fawkin excited... Kyle called tonight because my carbon is ready!!! At least 4 weeks before I expected to get the call!

Hoping my barrel gets back from threading (by ADCO) right around when the chassis arrives so I can get this baby built!

Our Carbon chassis is now available to order for the Tikka T3 223/308!!

NOTE: The T3 receiver is too short for use with the AICS 300WM magazines. For that reason we only inlet for the short action AICS 308 or 223 magazines.

Hello,

I placed an order for a Carbon Chassis for my Savage 10PC with 20" barrel and I grappled with the hand guard length issue. I have an AAC Spr/M4 mount with the 2.5" reflex back over the barrel and I wanted to make sure I was going to have enough room for the 15.5 inch hand guard. In some of the pictures it appears I could be cutting it close. Does anyone have any experience with this type of set up? I should note I am a long time lurker first time poster. SnipersHide helped bring me to the XLR chassis in the first place.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know the weight difference between the carbon and evolution?

Im trying to decide whether the weight savings make up for the difference in price. Thanks guys!

Does anyone know the weight difference between the carbon and evolution?

Im trying to decide whether the weight savings make up for the difference in price. Thanks guys!

The weight difference is minor, guessing 6oz comparing 12" fore ends but I believe even a minor difference in the fore end help the over all balance.

Damn These looks so nice! I might have to save up and get one for my Remmy Sendero SF II 300 WM..... The fluted back and SS barrel would look awesome!

Nice design Kyle!

Hi Kyle, still rockin' my aluminum XLR, but definitely having thoughts about a carbon in the future.

I realize it is very new and may or may not be super widely adopted beyond Magpul going forward, but have you given any consideration to a version of the carbon hand guard (or even the aluminum version for that matter) with M-Lok spec slots (designed as an easier to machine, polymer/carbon fiber friendly alternative to keymod)? It'd be cool to have a whole ecosystem (presumably, in the near future) of plug-and-play direct-mount goodies that don't require the addition of extra rail sections to attach.

Last edited:
Random shot from today.

IMG_7736.JPG

I know this is a really well aged thread but figured it would be best to ask here than start a new one.
I bought an XLR carbon chassis from a member here that has the first gen 12" handguard and was curious if I could update it by purchasing the m-loc 15.5" version ?
And I kind of feel like an idiot as I just realized XLR is very close to RHR and stop in there occasionally to buy parts.?

I've spoken to a rep at XLR. I have a gen 1 as well and they said new handguards are available to purchase. Can't remember how much. I want to say around $150-200.

Reactions: XLR308
I've spoken to a rep at XLR. I have a gen 1 as well and they said new handguards are available to purchase. Can't remember how much. I want to say around $150-200.

Thanks for the reply and that's what I wanted to hear wasn't sure if there was any design change to the interface that would be an issue and they don't list them on the site. If I ever get a day off and get to go home I will stop by and talk to them.

@XLR308 bringing back the dead lol

Greatness never dies it just gets upgrades ?

Lol

Just upping my post count and showing my support for XLR

You should be ashamed of yourself padding your post count, but props for supporting XLR ??

Reactions: long range sponge
Thanks for the reply and that's what I wanted to hear wasn't sure if there was any design change to the interface that would be an issue and they don't list them on the site. If I ever get a day off and get to go home I will stop by and talk to them.

From my understanding the only changes were length and M-lok compatibility. The mounting system is the same.

I know this is a really well aged thread but figured it would be best to ask here than start a new one.
I bought an XLR carbon chassis from a member here that has the first gen 12" handguard and was curious if I could update it by purchasing the m-loc 15.5" version ?
And I kind of feel like an idiot as I just realized XLR is very close to RHR and stop in there occasionally to buy parts.?

@XLR308 if you are looking at the front door of Red Hawk Rifles, we are across the street to your left in the big blue building, feel free to stop by anytime!

As to answer your question, we can most certainly get you an updated Carbon handguard. Like mentioned above by @longrangesponge the only difference between the first gen handguard and the second gen handguard is the length and mounting platform. Which has been updated to M-LOK compatibility, since the first gen was created before M-LOK was even around! And the overall length is right at 15.5"

The upgrade cost is $225, and you can most certainly pick one up when you stop by! We'd be happy to show you around the shop and give thanks for all the support! We are open Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm

If you have any other questions feel free to reach out! Cheers!

Does XLR do the layup work for the carbon handguards? They remind me a lot of the Lancer handguards and was wondering if lancer (or lancers sub) made those. Which is not a bad thing.

Does XLR do the layup work for the carbon handguards? They remind me a lot of the Lancer handguards and was wondering if lancer (or lancers sub) made those. Which is not a bad thing.

You are correct, Lancer produces these handguards for us, to our spec, as we have a unique mounting system being that they are used on a bolt gun platform. They are one of only a few components we do not produce in-house but we couldn't be happier with the quality and finish of these beautiful handguards!

I’ve had several different brands of carbon handguards for ARs and Lancers are significantly better made than the others. Good to hear.

Reactions: XLR Industries