• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Compromise Optic 2023 ZC527 MPCT2X and 10 MIL Turrets

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    05/19/23: 10 MIL and MPCT2X are starting to ship! Get in line for the pre-order here!!!

05/08/23
    : And the first ZC527 10MIL NLE have arrived!!! Extremely impressed with this option with it's wider spacing and heavier clicks.
    I personally picked the ZC527 10MIL NLE with the MPCT2X to compare the the MPCT3X reticle that is one of my favorite reticles. - Richard
    More to come!

10 Mil Turret
    Many competition shooters have been asking us for a redesigned turret to only provide 10 Mils
    per turn on the elevation and we are now ready to release this turret option on our best-selling ZCO 5-
    27X56 rifle scope. Utilizing 10 Mils per turn provides more space between the clicks thereby making
    identification of the exact click much faster under time. This turret option is definitely going to be a hot
    selling item for the serious competition shooter as well as many others.
    We have kept the main row of numbers the same size as our current turret engraving and made
    the next two rows above it slightly smaller. Since most target engagements are made within the 10 Mil
    span of elevation those numbers are critical to see easily.

MPCT2X reticle
    In order to remain on the leading edge of our primary market we must always be aware of what
    our customer base is requesting for reticle designs. In order to meet the ever-evolving trends we have
    done some updating to our original reticle offerings. The new MPCT2X has incorporated some concepts
    similar to our MPCT3X which is our current best-selling reticle.
    The upper half of the field of view has been opened up with only 3.0 mils of the vertical
    crosshair extending above the center aiming point. This change is requested for shooters to see trace
    more easily as the bullet tracks toward the target. We have also very slightly opened the space around
    the center floating dot to be the same space as the MPCT3X. Additionally, we have redesigned the 0.2
    Mil graduations throughout the reticle to provide a clear 0.5 mil mark on the horizontal stadia along
    with line length changes to visually distinguish the different graduations. Finally, floating dots at every
    whole mil point also make identification of these points much easier to find under time constraints and
    create less confusion.

Frank's thread on the MPCT2X https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/zero-compromise-optic-mpct2x-reticle-design.7171294/

IMG-4977.jpg

IMG-4975.JPG

IMG-4972.JPG

Last edited:
    I love my MPCT3X and will keep that over the 2X, but I would like the 10mil turrets. Too bad they can't cheaply retrofit them while doing NLE...

With it being a different design, it's not easy to just retrofit older models. Could they figure out a way eventually? Possibly but I would not bet on it.

It's kind of like buying a 2022 model car and than the 2023 car comes out with a new motor and/or transmission, the dealership wouldn't swap their 2022 drive-train to a 2023. It's not just the labor, but you'd need the spare parts that were not going towards building new scopes you’re already behind on.

Last edited:
    NLE I want. PRS rimfire is rarely more than 15 Mils of dial so I can live with the "old" model.

Reactions: CSTactical
    Fantastic news on the 10 mil per rev turrets, these should be AMAZING! I do like the changes to the main horizontal and vertical stadia with the MPCT2x; however, big FAIL on the new reticle's tree, I really don't see how this is "better" than the MPCT2, it is still way too busy for crossover purposes, once again, be inspired by the Gen 3XR and FML-TR1 with only dots in the tree (and not a thousand dots like the MPCT3). Was really hoping for the MPCT4 with dots in tree this year, but looks like I'll need to wait another year, as much as I love the 4-20x50 I will not put this scope on my rifles until a dot tree reticle comes available :( I realize reticle is personal preference, but I know many others have asked for the same.

Fantastic news on the 10 mil per rev turrets, these should be AMAZING! I do like the changes to the main horizontal and vertical stadia with the MPCT2x; however, big FAIL on the new reticle's tree, I really don't see how this is "better" than the MPCT2, it is still way too busy for crossover purposes, once again, be inspired by the Gen 3XR and FML-TR1 with only dots in the tree (and not a thousand dots like the MPCT3). Was really hoping for the MPCT4 with dots in tree this year, but looks like I'll need to wait another year, as much as I love the 4-20x50 I will not put this scope on my rifles until a dot tree reticle comes available :( I realize reticle is personal preference, but I know many others have asked for the same.

Bill,

I don't think you'll ever find your "perfect" scope :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Richard

I also need to address the dozen or so messages that I've received from various customers about not giving them a heads up that this was being released... We did not know until very recently!!! ZCO did an excellent job keeping this under wraps! Also when we do happen to know of a new product being released, we are not allowed to disclose it publicly until the manufacturer allows us to. This goes for every manufacturer out there...

So, I was trying to get into my original Dthomas3523 account, but password reset email is being a pain.

I rarely participate in social media of any kind anymore as it takes too much time from a busy schedule.

But, this warrants an exception. I just got my hands on the ZCO 10 mil turret and MPCT2 reticle. And these are just really good guys.

The turret feel/clicks are now absolutely in the conversation with theta turrets. It’s hard to even properly articulate how good the feel. And for us old people, the spacing and labeling is very easy to see.

The m2x reticle is about as perfect as a reticle of this type can be. I’d encourage everyone to check both of these options out ASAP. You’ll be very happy.

Here’s a little eye candy:

Attachments

• 8A7D1376-0D1B-407B-BE40-02ED1D87FE0D.jpeg
      8A7D1376-0D1B-407B-BE40-02ED1D87FE0D.jpeg
      601.2 KB · Views: 342
    • 6DA47167-B040-477A-BE13-49874DA2D96F.jpeg
      6DA47167-B040-477A-BE13-49874DA2D96F.jpeg
      364.5 KB · Views: 345
    Will there be a pre order list for these? I might have missed it, release date? Never mind im blind 🤦‍♂️

1. Is there same amount of available travel in the 10 mil as there is in the 15?

2. Is the 10mil nle only or available in locking also?

So, I was trying to get into my original Dthomas3523 account, but password reset email is being a pain.

I rarely participate in social media of any kind anymore as it takes too much time from a busy schedule.

But, this warrants an exception. I just got my hands on the ZCO 10 mil turret and MPCT2 reticle. And these are just really good guys.

The turret feel/clicks are now absolutely in the conversation with theta turrets. It’s hard to even properly articulate how good the feel. And for us old people, the spacing and labeling is very easy to see.

The m2x reticle is about as perfect as a reticle of this type can be. I’d encourage everyone to check both of these options out ASAP. You’ll be very happy.

Here’s a little eye candy:

ShimmeringGaseousCentipede-size_restricted.gif

You mean like the MR4 that already exists?

Looks like I'm gonna be playing ZCO swapperoos....

Just to confirm this is only for the 5-25x56? Are any up these features going to the 4-20 also? Reticle?

And I'll go ahead and ask, no mention of a "hunting scope"?

Thanks!

Looks like I'm gonna be playing ZCO swapperoos....

Just to confirm this is only for the 5-25x56? Are any up these features going to the 4-20 also? Reticle?

And I'll go ahead and ask, no mention of a "hunting scope"?

Thanks!

Yes only the ZC527 at this time is getting the 10MT.

No hunting scope as of yet :cry:

Yes only the ZC527 at this time is getting the 10MT.

No hunting scope as of yet

10-4. The 10T turret would be nice on the 4-20 for hunting too.

Will the 5-27 10T have multiple reticle options? Haven’t made up my mind on the 2X, but I know I like the 3X.

10-4. The 10T turret would be nice on the 4-20 for hunting too.

Will the 5-27 10T have multiple reticle options? Haven’t made up my mind on the 2X, but I know I like the 3X.

10M NLE Turret is not an option for anything but the ZC527 which is the main optic used for competition.
    Also with it only being NLE, most hunters prefer locking or capped turrets.
    Yes most mil reticle options will be available with the 10M NLE AFAIK, I'll get all the details next week as I was not able to make it to Shot Show.

Reactions: goneballistic
    Barring any changes here is the turret/reticle situation:

- 10mil turret is non locking only

- 10mil turret is currently being released on 527 and will not be a retrofit option. 10 mil turret will be offered in other models later as long as demand is there (but still in non locking only)

- MPCT2-X reticle will be offered in 527 to begin with. Other models if demand/market requires

- All other recticle options available in the 527 will be available with the 10mil turret

Features like reticles and turrets are always being discussed and changes implemented to meet consumer demand. (This is the complicated way to say if the X reticle or 10 mil turrets or any other idea is asked for enough, it will happen).

Barring any changes here is the turret/reticle situation:

- 10mil turret is non locking only

- 10mil turret is currently being released on 527 and will not be a retrofit option. 10 mil turret will be offered in other models later as long as demand is there (but still in non locking only)

- MPCT2-X reticle will be offered in 527 to begin with. Other models if demand/market requires

- All other recticle options available in the 527 will be available with the 10mil turret

Features like reticles and turrets are always being discussed and changes implemented to meet consumer demand. (This is the complicated way to say if the X reticle or 10 mil turrets or any other idea is asked for enough, it will happen).
    Would you consider having someone like Frank Galli or Ilya Koshkin design a reticle for you?

• Haha
    Would you consider having someone like Frank Galli or Ilya Koshkin design a reticle for you?

I mean you should be asking ZCO and not Dave/Feniks in your quote. But I do know that ZCO has a line of communication with both of them. What kind of reticle are you looking for? IMO ZCO makes some of the best reticles across the board.

I mean you should be asking ZCO and not Dave/Feniks in your quote. But I do know that ZCO has a line of communication with both of them. What kind of reticle are you looking for? IMO ZCO makes some of the best reticles across the board.
    Whoops, sorry about that.

Something similar to what Frank and Ilya have already done, like the FML TR1, or the ZF MRi. Or an MSR2 minutes the ranging portions and add a dotted grid. I think glassaholic called them crossover reticles.

Whoops, sorry about that.

Something similar to what Frank and Ilya have already done, like the FML TR1, or the ZF MRi. Or an MSR2 minutes the ranging portions and add a dotted grid. I think glassaholic called them crossover reticles.

I'm sure they will have appropriate crossover reticle options to go with a crossover scope if and when they make one :)
    And they do have a dotted grid, the MPCT3 and MPCT3X which I prefer over the reticles you described above. The MSR2 would be a good option for specific purposes though. What scopes do you run and prefer for what purposes out of curiosity? Reticles are very much personal preference and for ZCO's intended market I think they knocked them out of the park.

Reactions: BCX and Conrad
    Just trying to stir up interest. If there's enough, they'll bring it here. Idk what it's used for I just like the box and crosshair combo.

I'm sure they will have appropriate crossover reticle options to go with a crossover scope if and when they make one :)
    And they do have a dotted grid, the MPCT3 and MPCT3X which I prefer over the reticles you described above. The MSR2 would be a good option for specific purposes though. What scopes do you run and prefer for what purposes out of curiosity? Reticles are very much personal preference and for ZCO's intended market I think they knocked them out of the park.
    Maybe crossover wasn't the best word. What I like about the reticles I mentioned is that they seem to be designed to draw your eye to the center of the reticle. And the FML TR1 has longer hashes out to two mils which makes holding over into dead space easier. The MSR 2 is similar in that regard and I have made holdover shots at 400 yards easily with the MSR and MSR 2. The longer hashes allow you to remove the parts of the grid closer to the center cross hair since it's easier to read reference off the longer hashes.

The scope I enjoy most is the Steiner M7 4-28 w/MSR2. The image looks very large and is comfortable to be behind for long periods of time, and the viewing experience is the best I've seen up to 20x. I've got a ZP5 and have had some of the other Steiner M series scopes.