• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New GAP Bravo 6 Delta Ships out today...

LL hinted at taking 3 seconds to use Google. I said it flat out. I know courtesy works both ways but after a while, you get fed up with folks who can't use the wealth of information at their very fingertips and instead ask questions that have been asked and answered many, many times over. It's odd that with so much information, so easily found that folks assume they're special and no one else has ever asked that question before. It's OK; the guys asking the questions aren't paying for bandwidth nor disk space so we can all continue to ask "how should I clean my rifle" or "what does 8541 mean" and mean old dickheads like myself will continue to try and teach people how to fish.

I get seeing basic shit asked over and over can be annoying but you're wasting just as much space being a dick and doing nothing to help. It's the same amount of effort to be helpful as it is to be an internet douchebag, maybe even less...

Is this thread about the rifle or my serial number ?

By the way I have the rifle in hand, it's friggin awesome along with 50 rounds, hope they rain stops as I have until Wednesday to sit a scope on it and zero before the Grind

Is this thread about the rifle or my serial number ?

By the way I have the rifle in hand, it's friggin awesome along with 50 rounds, hope they rain stops as I have until Wednesday to sit a scope on it and zero before the Grind

Would be nice to see the NF Beast on that "Beast". Whatever you put on it would love to see some pics in the field. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Nice looking rifle Frank but then, that's what George specializes in building. Quality components and craftsmanship go a long ways. Hopefully the flood didn't get you and get to hear a range report in the near future.

What's the best twist rate for these 6 creedmoors.... Seriously thinking about re barreling my 308

This is a gain twist as George noted above.. The 6CM is new to me, never shot one before so I have no idea what is most common

With flooding I am not sure of the range situation, so I may not be shooting it until i am in Florida for the GAP Grind... most areas are pretty well flooded right now. Hopefully one of the ranges are clear enough to zero and chronograph

The twist on the one I've got coming from George is a 1-7.7 according to my build sheet and its a Team Gap Contour. All that was recommended by George.

lol actually its almost a exact clone of LL's.

Scope mounted, but range session looks to be rained out, not to mentioned washed out.

7640_10151926300697953_1526870095_n.jpg

How about bore size, bugholes.com has some 6mm Bartlein with .237 bore, are these the right ones?

[MENTION=88487]bodhisafa[/MENTION]

If you read above it gives details on the barrel

Bartlein Gain Twist 1-8.5 to 1-7.7 5R #6 GAP countour, ( Rem Varmit with an Extra 1.5" breech and a .900 muzzle. )

This barrel is not a standard Bartlein but a Gain Twist version, so what Bugholes is selling is not the same

I understand Lowlight, I wasn't trying to imply it was the same barrel just wanted some clarification on what the bore specs actually meant...had to call to find out. Apparently there are two schools of thought when it comes to 6mm.

Bodhisafa, .236" for factory produced bullets, .237" for custom br bullets. That came from Krieger and bartlien.

Frank, sucks that everything is washed out. Plenty dry down here in Dallas. Feel free to send it down here, and I'll zero it, dope it out to 1000 and send it to the GAP Grind ;)

Deer size game, Best LR Target Caliber IMO for match shooting anyway. Feeds flawlessly out of any SA 308 style Mag. AIAW, AICS Etc

Mr. Gardner,

Do you think it will ever take off like 6.5C for factory loads. Would sure be nice for us non RL's.

Is there that much of an advantage over .260/6.5?

Its starting to now, Over a half a million pieces of brass made, lots of guys shooting it. Copper Creek Cartridge loads it now.

a lot better trajectory than the 6.5 creed/ 260. Do the calc, 105 berger .565 BC at 3150. - Vs 6.5 Creed/260 140 class with .612 bc at 2780

6mm Creed is 6.4 mils to 1000 1.6 mills in a 10mph cross at 1000, 6.5 creed/260 is 8.2 mills to 1000 and 1.8 mils in the same wind

less recoil so easier to manage shots.

Do you think it will ever take off like 6.5C for factory loads. Would sure be nice for us non RL's.

Is there that much of an advantage over .260/6.5?

Frank, I had George build me an AR-10 upper in 6mm Creedmore. I got some ammo from Cooper Creek and it shoots lights out, of course what else would you expect from a GAP.

I am also finding plenty of brass for this caliber and I also have dies for it.

Better than 243, you get simaler velocity with less powder. longer neck, shorter straight case give plenty room to seat the bullet out as the barrel wears. Guys are getting over 3000 rounds pretty easy some getting a little more. Im on my 3rd barrel and they averaged 3200 ish one I changed at 2800 the other was at 3400 the one with 3400 went 3400 durring a match and I was able to win the match (K&M 2013) B Morgan has one at 2800 rounds now that shoots tiny tiny groups so it varies.

George,
How many rounds did Chase have on his when it went south during the finale? Seems like it was a lot less than 3,000 from what I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than 243, you get simaler velocity with less powder. longer neck, shorter straight case give plenty room to seat the bullet out as the barrel wears. Guys are getting over 3000 rounds pretty easy some getting a little more. Im on my 3rd barrel and they averaged 3200 ish one I changed at 2800 the other was at 3400 the one with 3400 went 3400 durring a match and I was able to win the match (K&M 2013) B Morgan has one at 2800 rounds now that shoots tiny tiny groups so it varies.

What load is that George? H4350 and 105s @ 3150ish?

Bravo Six Delta Muff, maybe? LOL
Very nice Mr Frank. Sorry for your inability to shoot sir, thats a real bummer.

Mr George, Im guessing 3150fps with 105s is a fairly mild load for the 6mm CM? If so, what is max? And what will a 6mm CM in a 22" GAP-10 do as far as a good accuracy load, 3000fps?

Thanks.
Blake

That is the mcs-t6a, in a new layup that we are going to call the Elite Tactical Shell. I will get a thread going next week with all the details and some better pictures. This layup will be offered in two different camo patterns for now, GAP and Midnight. The shells are a 100% carbon fiber with almost the same specs that we use on the super light Elite hunters, but theses will be done in a clear gel coat, combined with two other colors. They are coming out very light and stiff, the stock in the picture below is a mcs-T6A that is only 2.79lbs. That includes the .38 lb KMW rock solid hardware and the 1" large decel pad. That is almost a lb lighter than our standard shell. The stock below actually is going on the gun that we are giving away at the GAP Grind next weekend, all you need to do is win the Manner's Rock Stage. It has not been armored gripped yet so it is still a little shiny. Thank you
elitetactical_zps748fc59c.jpg

Tom, I have the exact same stock coming back on my comp gun next week. Only it is your T6A w/the 90% carbon fiber shell. How much lighter is this new version than the 90% carbon fiber shell? The Elite Tactical Shell was not available when I ordered mine last year from you guys.

-VB

Bodhisafa, .236" for factory produced bullets, .237" for custom br bullets. That came from Krieger and bartlien.

I don't agree and not sure where we said so........

I use to be a big .236 bore fan when I worked at Krieger and when we started here. Not for quite a few years now though (since about 2006/2007). The tight bore especially on smaller calibers like 6mm. The .236" bore is cutting deeper into the bullets jacket. You get a batch of bullets with a thinner jacket then another batch to me the chances for bullet failure go up.

Short range bench guys have found that the .237" bores on average have better accuracy/consistency.

The .237" bore is standard size.

There is no appreciable difference in barrel life and no difference in accuracy. I only run .237" bore barrels on my own guns now.

5R rifling for heavy bullets and conventional rifling (like a standard 4 groove etc...) for 80gr. and lighter bullets.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Frank,
Thank you. I have a 6mm .236 bore Brux #3 I was planning on using for a 6 Creed build, using 105 grain Bergers. Think I'll look for a Bartlein .237 bore 5R #3 contour instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk