• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Georgia Match

UA_Flyfisher

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2002
Memphis, TN
Not sure if anyone has posted this. Just saw it while searching for a gun club to join since I moved to Georgia this past month.

Creekside Firing Range in Taylorsville, GA is holding a two day "Sniper Challenge" on April 18-19

Unknown course of fire but seems interesting.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend but I thought I'd post it for the other southern shooters looking for matches to shoot.

Open to 50 shooters with details at the below site.

<a href="http://www.creeksidefiringrange.com/sniper_challenge.htm" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
Creekside Sniper Challenge</a>

Creekside Firing Range

Re: New Georgia Match

Looks interesting but 80rounds in two days sounds pretty slow! But with no travel I might have to grab my spotter and hit that up!

Jon Lester,

Wanna hook up as you head south? I'm in e. TN. PM me.

I wish I could be there but I've had something planned for that weekend for almost six months. Hopefully they'll have a good turnout and do it again.

Well It was pretty cool guys. 28 shooters and some really neat challenges. This was mine and turtles first match ever and he placed 4th overall and I got 9th overall. It was a good learning experience for both of us. Would have been nice to have seen some hide guys there. The overall winner got a 50% off any Nightforce scope certificate.

Hey,

This is Marcus. It was nice meeting you guy's. I'm glad you guy's had fun and look forward to seeing you at the next one.

M.

Oh, I kicked Fro's (AKA HILLBILLY) butt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well It was pretty cool guys. 28 shooters and some really neat challenges. This was mine and turtles first match ever and he placed 4th overall and I got 9th overall. It was a good learning experience for both of us. Would have been nice to have seen some hide guys there. The overall winner got a 50% off any Nightforce scope certificate. </div></div>

If I had known about it sooner i would like to have gone. Was it a decent comp for those who got to comps? I had just put a NF on my FN and its got to get sighted in so I would not have been prepared unless I had plenty of notice. I am only off every other weekend and it would have lined up for me. i looked at there schedule for the club they got a sniper school coming up in June. i wonder if its any good? I am off 3 of the 4 days its scheduled and could take off the other. There is no details yet so I don't know the cost. I got 2 schools under my built already and unless its a real good school I probably won't go and save my ammo for comps as I never been to one and really want to get into them which most are to far away now as it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msting22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey,

This is Marcus. It was nice meeting you guy's. I'm glad you guy's had fun and look forward to seeing you at the next one.

M.

Oh, I kicked Fro's (AKA HILLBILLY) butt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well It was pretty cool guys. 28 shooters and some really neat challenges. This was mine and turtles first match ever and he placed 4th overall and I got 9th overall. It was a good learning experience for both of us. Would have been nice to have seen some hide guys there. The overall winner got a 50% off any Nightforce scope certificate. </div></div> </div></div>

Not by much sucka...

Nutt/Turtle we look fwd to having u all back down in July!

Fro aka Hillbilly

I should be at the next one as well. Joe runs a good match for what land he has to work with and is a good guy. He will definitely make you think/sweat/dirty/bruised/wet, lol!

Jason , I think your avatar is RACEIST
mad.gif
and rude .
sick.gif
shocked.gif
The Black Jesus would have never smoked cigerettes muth less anything else !!!!!
whistle.gif
grin.gif

Somebody post the stages and some pics. This sounds like one I might look out for next time.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should be at the next one as well. Joe runs a good match for what land he has to work with and is a good guy. He will definitely make you think/sweat/dirty/bruised/wet, lol!

</div></div>

O bullshit u will have a mountain to climb, a bike to go get..ducks to shoot etc etc...next match is July mark your calander...or just send your ol man..he makes me Laugh

Pics from the match over the last year
DSC00038.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

100_1413.jpg

100_1417.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

url]

url]

url]

url]

Thats my week of vacation. Unless the wife drags me off somewhere I will be there. I always have a good time at Joe's matches......laughing at you......and bull-horn boy.

I may bring the old gas gun for the July match...not sure yet. Going over to David Saylors next week to turn the barrel down and add a brake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats my week of vacation. Unless the wife drags me off somewhere I will be there. I always have a good time at Joe's matches......laughing at you......and bull-horn boy.

I may bring the old gas gun for the July match...not sure yet. Going over to David Saylors next week to turn the barrel down and add a brake.</div></div>

Joe talked that he would run a "open" type class for like your 243, the 6mm etc
Bull horn will actually b pulling the trigger in the next match so it should be fun....I upgraded my glass to a Lupy M4 that was converted to a Premier Gen II Reticle in FFP...I cant blame the gun/glass anymore lol

Thats cool. I enjoy shooting 308 more than any other cal.

I do think there should be 3 classes: 223, 308 & open (limited to 300WM). No need to discourage the guys shooting their 20" AR15s against 26" 300WM's, 7WSM's or 243's.

Yeah Bullhorn boy will be there. Im headed to Joes tomorrow to put some more rounds thru my rifle. And see if its going to shoot 155's with any consistency, Ive got amax's and smk's to test and see what I can do with them.

I just coated a box of 155 amax with hbn to see what they will do. I hope they work, because they are CHEAP!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats cool. I enjoy shooting 308 more than any other cal.

I do think there should be 3 classes: 223, 308 & open (limited to 300WM). No need to discourage the guys shooting their 20" AR15s against 26" 300WM's, 7WSM's or 243's.</div></div>

I wana build Daniel a light caliber long range stick...he still lil far off from running a match, but he loves long range...he shoots my 308 with the can on it, but that gets exspensive quick!

BTW u leave your lil water bottle at home...u get close to me with that thing ill stab ya in the foot lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My water bottle may be short...but its got girth, LOL!

How old is your boy?</div></div>

LOL well my knife is long and sharpe!

I guess u havent got to meet Daniel...he is 80 poounds or 10yr old raw terror...and yes shoots better then his ol man...its those young eyes I tell ya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My water bottle may be short...but its got girth, LOL!

How old is your boy?</div></div>

LOL well my knife is long and sharpe!

I guess u havent got to meet Daniel...he is 80 poounds or 10yr old raw terror...and yes shoots better then his ol man...its those young eyes I tell ya </div></div>

Aint got nothing to do with his eyes. Its got everything to do with his ole man cant shoot.

How far out does this range let you shoot? Are we talking 1,000 yards or shorter?

I am desperately seeking a 800+ yark gun range somewhere around atlanta. Besides this one do you all have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Joe's range is ~500yds. 500yd range is only open on certain days.

The only other range that gets close to 800yds is Gun Site Hills, chief is somewhere around 750+/-yds. And he is over next to Athens, GA.

The only thing out to 1K around ATL is private land.

For the guys that are a little more "local" to this club...Is the shoot scheduled for 11JUL09 still planned? Just curious due to all the troubles they'd been having up there with all the neighbors and all. I don't really want to drive 5.5 hours to find out its been cancelled.

Thanks

I have not heard anything different. The match is still on as far as I know. To make sure just give Joe a call, heck of a nice guy. Number is on their website.

The match is a go guys. Come on out, I talked with Joe on monday he said to make sure to bring extra pants and footwear. This is the July match and one stage we will be required to forge the creek before getting into position to fire.

PLUS you get to see msting22 in a dress for the first two stages and the briefing cause he ran his mouth and LOST.