• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New Glock 34 Mods

PatrickChewing

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 28, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Hey Guys,

I just got my Glock 34 back from getting a little work done and I thought I would post some pictures.
    DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0076-2.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!!

pc

Re: New Glock 34 Mods

Graham,

XS Big Dots are on there now. I wanted to give them a try but I'm not sure they are my thing. I ordered the adjustabe Dawson's to go on this one.

pc

i'm sure the magwell works and is functional but holy hell is that FUGLY, sorry bro

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm sure the magwell works and is functional but holy hell is that FUGLY, sorry bro </div></div>And yet I was thinking that you of all people would have been attracted to a big hole that fits a double-stack.
    laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm sure the magwell works and is functional but holy hell is that FUGLY, sorry bro </div></div>
    beat me to it.But if it works for ya then go for it.....

That's not IDPA legal any longer is it?

Rob,

No its not. I didnt have any real goal in mind with this pistol other that just a fun shooter.

Dave Sevigny used a much less aggressive mod on the magwell if someone is looking for something USPSA Production legal. It's called the Sevigny Speedway and is available through Southpaw Custom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm sure the magwell works and is functional but holy hell is that FUGLY, sorry bro </div></div>

Doesn't a modded Glock come with special gold teeth? LOL
    I'm a double stack guy too.

Glad you like your Glock....Different strokes...Makes the world a better place.

Peace

I own and have seen almost every imaginable magwell on a Glock.

I'm sorry but that is not only the ugliest, it is the least efficient yet. An add-on not only would have retained the value of the gun, any of them would have been slicker and reversible.

JP for example, and slicker yet, Dawson.

I really hope you love that gun.

Ok not only is that magwell ugly but the reprofile of the grip looks retarded, and what the fuck is the point of grippy shit on the inside of the magwell? You want a magwell to be slippery and slidey not grippy.

I have a love hate relationship with Gen3 finger grooves, and I would never stipple a weapon, but I do like how the Magwell is blended into the frame

Yikes rough crowd tonight! I don't mind. I just wanted to try something a little different. It fits my giant hands like a champ!

Who did you get to do the work? How long of a turnaround? I'd like to do a reduction to my Glock 22 but probably not as extreme.

JMC

And I thought stock glocks were ugly...but to each their own. Glad your happy with the work, I've considered shaving the finger grooves off of my gen3's but don't have the balls.

I like everything except for the integrated magwell I would have gone with the Dawson heavy... And maybe a double undercut while i was at it... Either way looks comfortable!

I did something similar to my 17 mutt of a gun. When I bought it, it was a mismatch 17L with a gen 2 frame. Now it has a gen 3 upper on it. When I bought it, it also came with a big mouth magwell. I have since done a grip reduction, and trigger guard relief, so as it's easier for my wife with her small hands to use. I then took the magwell and cut open the front, and ground down the sides to make it thinner ala a 1911. Then I epoxyed it on to the frame and built it back up just a tad to fill in the gap in the back. Then ir repainted it with Krylon non skid paint. It may not look as pretty as yours, but its functional. That my long way of saying I like what you've done with your gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedCreek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done differently - No finger groves

480_Red_Creek_Glock_35_4.jpg

480_Red_Creek_Glock_35_1.jpg

</div></div>

I really like that! Take the finger grooves off and flatten the hump in the back. Very nice.

leave your glock alone!!!!j/p I show this vid to people who complain about how glocks dont fit their hands....they must have smaller hands than an 11 year old girl.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCuvmbeX8t0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCuvmbeX8t0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2B2rKj4eZgo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2B2rKj4eZgo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Graham,

XS Big Dots are on there now. I wanted to give them a try but I'm not sure they are my thing. I ordered the adjustabe Dawson's to go on this one.

pc </div></div>

I might like to buy those from you. PM if you decide to ditch them.

Looks like a functional mod. And shit its not like glocks are that pretty to begin with anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">leave your glock alone!!!!j/p I show this vid to people who complain about how glocks dont fit their hands....they must have smaller hands than an 11 year old girl.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCuvmbeX8t0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCuvmbeX8t0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2B2rKj4eZgo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2B2rKj4eZgo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
    </div></div>

Throw a 10lb recoil spring in there and load her some very soft shooting reloads. And she will be killing it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yikes rough crowd tonight! I don't mind. I just wanted to try something a little different. It fits my giant hands like a champ! </div></div>

I think its awesome your gun your hand your thing it's about what works for you I like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Graham,

pc</div></div>

The Big Dots just didn't do it for me. I went Dawson and Heinie on a couple of Glocks.