• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New google search for snipershide

ADA

EINHERJAR
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2007
Banana Republic of Louisiana
There have been a lot of problems with people wanting to use the old custom google search of the site. The old addresses don't work because of the site upgrade. I made this based on Frank's directions and it is working for me. That being said the site search is working quite well too. Nevertheless I offer this for general consumption:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001874066227474777122:myqcyemnqwa&hl=en

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
new search misses targets

There have been a lot of problems with people wanting to use the old custom google search of the site. The old addresses don't work because of the site upgrade. I made this based on Frank's directions and it is working for me. That being said the site search is working quite well too. Nevertheless I offer this for general consumption:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001874066227474777122:myqcyemnqwa&hl=en

Hope this helps.

The new search capability is lame. I used to be able to quickly search a specific forum ("Firearms for Sale") for "LH" posts. Now the engine balks....

I don't get it..... I "saved" a lot of old Snipershide topics by their old web page address in a DRAFT email on my own computer. That way, I (used to ) always go back to my draft.... punch up one of the listed addresses I saved, and viola !...there it was.

When I do this now, all that comes up is the main Snipershide page, and not the specific discussion thread that I saved. Seems the quoted search engine here does not help this...or am I using it incorrectly?

I don't get it..... I "saved" a lot of old Snipershide topics by their old web page address in a DRAFT email on my own computer. That way, I (used to ) always go back to my draft.... punch up one of the listed addresses I saved, and viola !...there it was.

When I do this now, all that comes up is the main Snipershide page, and not the specific discussion thread that I saved. Seems the quoted search engine here does not help this...or am I using it incorrectly?

You might as well delete that email -- when the site was migrated from UBB -> vBulletin, all of the thread and post IDs in the database changed, and they didn't create a redirect map. In Layman's terms, those old links will never redirect to the new ones, so your old links are useless.

You might as well delete that email -- when the site was migrated from UBB -> vBulletin, all of the thread and post IDs in the database changed, and they didn't create a redirect map. In Layman's terms, those old links will never redirect to the new ones, so your old links are useless.

Yup :( I even tried using the numbers from the old link on the new address http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=(insert your numbers) and nada. Nothing.

The snipershide plus Google suggestion ( above, by Ken) maybe does work good.....but I have to search all over again for a long list of topics ( addresses) I had already gathered for myself. I will need to noodle thru major keywords and other struggles to hit back upon the specific topic threads I had archived.