• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New google search for snipershide

ADA

EINHERJAR
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2007
Banana Republic of Louisiana
There have been a lot of problems with people wanting to use the old custom google search of the site. The old addresses don't work because of the site upgrade. I made this based on Frank's directions and it is working for me. That being said the site search is working quite well too. Nevertheless I offer this for general consumption:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001874066227474777122:myqcyemnqwa&hl=en

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
new search misses targets

There have been a lot of problems with people wanting to use the old custom google search of the site. The old addresses don't work because of the site upgrade. I made this based on Frank's directions and it is working for me. That being said the site search is working quite well too. Nevertheless I offer this for general consumption:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001874066227474777122:myqcyemnqwa&hl=en

Hope this helps.

The new search capability is lame. I used to be able to quickly search a specific forum ("Firearms for Sale") for "LH" posts. Now the engine balks....

I don't get it..... I "saved" a lot of old Snipershide topics by their old web page address in a DRAFT email on my own computer. That way, I (used to ) always go back to my draft.... punch up one of the listed addresses I saved, and viola !...there it was.

When I do this now, all that comes up is the main Snipershide page, and not the specific discussion thread that I saved. Seems the quoted search engine here does not help this...or am I using it incorrectly?

I don't get it..... I "saved" a lot of old Snipershide topics by their old web page address in a DRAFT email on my own computer. That way, I (used to ) always go back to my draft.... punch up one of the listed addresses I saved, and viola !...there it was.

When I do this now, all that comes up is the main Snipershide page, and not the specific discussion thread that I saved. Seems the quoted search engine here does not help this...or am I using it incorrectly?

You might as well delete that email -- when the site was migrated from UBB -> vBulletin, all of the thread and post IDs in the database changed, and they didn't create a redirect map. In Layman's terms, those old links will never redirect to the new ones, so your old links are useless.

You might as well delete that email -- when the site was migrated from UBB -> vBulletin, all of the thread and post IDs in the database changed, and they didn't create a redirect map. In Layman's terms, those old links will never redirect to the new ones, so your old links are useless.

Yup :( I even tried using the numbers from the old link on the new address http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=(insert your numbers) and nada. Nothing.

The snipershide plus Google suggestion ( above, by Ken) maybe does work good.....but I have to search all over again for a long list of topics ( addresses) I had already gathered for myself. I will need to noodle thru major keywords and other struggles to hit back upon the specific topic threads I had archived.