• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Guy from Ky

Charles77

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2023
Pikeville
Hey all, just joined the forum. Looking to get into long range shooting, etc. Interested in improving. Use to be big into archery/bowhunting, but had to sell my bow.......financial reasons. This past deer season (one reason I want to improve my shooting, that and fun), a friend of mine at church let me borrow a 1971 Marlin 336 30-30. Around Christmas........he gave it to me, needless to say it's a cherished possesion now. Glad to be here.

Reactions: DustBun
Welcome from Maryland. I’m new to it as well but I’m obsessed already.

Welcome. I live in kentucky. Unfortunately, Ky has nothing for LR. Tennessee and Indiana offer good ranges for learning and competition. Do your research and get a rifle/scope combination that will take you to the distance you’re interested in. Don’t wait to buy the best. Enter competitions and learn. Most shooters are eager to help others learn. CIHPRS in Indiana just started offering a class for those new to LR comps. See below

On website below: go to “upcoming shoots”, and then click on new shooter orientation.