• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New guy Needs HELP!

mrbinky

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
long time lurker. so i thought i would start here.

I want to reload barnes TTSX 30 cal 150 gr with IMR 8208 xbr in a bolt gun.

here is the problem, i am finding little online. as in, where to start and what to work up to.

can any of you guys help? thanks. i am pretty new to reloading.

Here is the best advice I can give a new shooter - get your self a copy of the Lyman 49th Addition reloading Manual. then, I use Hodgdon's website for loads not listed in the Lyman manual.

Here is the best advice I can give a new shooter - get your self a copy of the Lyman 49th Addition reloading Manual. then, I use Hodgdon's website for loads not listed in the Lyman manual.

Thanks ill give that a try

There is lots of information available online from different sources but a guy really should have at least the Lyman manual. It's filled with great information and is readily available. Also Cabela's sells these books Loadbooks USA Caliber/Gauge Specific Reloading Manuals : Cabela's .They are less than $10 and are cartridge/powder specific and have loads from most vendors. It's nice to compare numbers from a couple different sources since each manual uses different components in their recipes