• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Here

Frank1738

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2022
Phoenix, Arizona
Hey everyone,

I am new here; I Just wanted to say hello. I have been shooting for many years now. I was in the Marine Corps (infantry) and National guard. My dad has been a sniper for 30+ years (probably at this point, lol). He is still in the army. Anyway, I have a Savage 10 .308, the first gun I bought as an adult. And a Remington 700 .308. I was looking at some aftermarket stocks. First and foremost, I found the GRS stock company actually through my airgunning forums. Has anyone worked with this stock in a firearm?

Thanks guys,
Frank

i've shot one. not particularly great at anything really

i'd rather a McMillan

or KRG Bravo if you want a stock feel

I have tried a Mcmillian on a friend's gun. It fit pretty well. I do like the functionality of the GRS. might be worth the comparison, not 100% sure about the pros and cons yet lol. With the GRS (the McMillian I shot only could move the cheek rest higher) anyway with the GRS I can also extend the buttstock. The laminate stocks feel nice too. But the WARG in green... Oooo haha

I have tried a Mcmillian on a friend's gun. It fit pretty well. I do like the functionality of the GRS. might be worth the comparison, not 100% sure about the pros and cons yet lol. With the GRS (the McMillian I shot only could move the cheek rest higher) anyway with the GRS I can also extend the buttstock. The laminate stocks feel nice too. But the WARG in green... Oooo haha
every mcmillan i've had/shot can take spacers to adjust LOP as a standard feature

also to note. GRS stocks almost require you to wrap your thumb around the stock versus placing it on the same side as your hand which is much preferred by most shooters now a days

Very true, It's wild the marine corps teaches you "high on the pistol grip" I found shooting rifles I was more stable in a prone position with my thumb and fingers on a single side.

welcome from delaware , there was a post from a guy that built his own stock from blocks of wood not sure how hard or easy that post would be to find but it sure did turn out pretty . best of luck with what ever stock or chassis you end up going with .

Reactions: Frank1738