• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New high power Nightforce NX8?

Nightforce Optics NX8 4-32x50 Mil-C C625 is in stock! Call 916-670-1103 :)

No photo description available.

Reactions: stello1001
I am curious if the 4-32 shows less edge distortion than the 2.5-20 due to the longer scope body. Do you recall if it seemed about the same between both scopes RF?

It did show less distortion. I even remarked on it to a friend. On the 32x it only warps right on the very edge. Far less than the 20x.

Reactions: Wyzrd and rydah
Travis at TS customs turned me on to the Lone Peak Ti and i could not be happier with it.Have it in a game scout edge with benchmark barrel in 223AI.Just put my TT315m on it and it is a laser.

Attachments

• 29064181_1256581444486564_4088587793116500890_o copy.jpg
    29064181_1256581444486564_4088587793116500890_o copy.jpg
    800.8 KB · Views: 97
Travis at TS customs turned me on to the Lone Peak Ti and i could not be happier with it.Have it in a game scout edge with benchmark barrel in 223AI.Just put my TT315m on it and it is a laser.

What are the specs on that awesome rig? Barrel length/contour? What brake is that?

A guy who's opinion I and many other here respect highly praise its mechanicals but not the optics. He's a member ergo, I'll let him chime in if he feels like commenting.

A guy who's opinion I and many other here respect highly praise its mechanicals but not the optics. He's a member ergo, I'll let him chime in if he feels like commenting.

I saw that thread and commented on it.

It's pretty spot on.

Just got two of the 2.5-20 x 50 mil c from Sport Optics to try out.

Thinking the NX8 will be in my top 3 favorite hunting scopes. Seeing very little need with this scope to piggy back a red dot or reflex sight for calling with the large FOV. Also has enough top end to make ethical shots on animals bedded under trees at long distance.

Still lots of comparing to do vs my other scopes but have this so far:

Optic quality far exceeds my Mark 4s and Mark 6 3-18s at all magnification settings day or night.

Exceeds my brother in laws large collection of Vortex scopes. He was convinced he had something better lol.

Similar to my Mark 5HD 3.8-18s with a wider mag range and better FOV. I do think colors are more true with the NX8.

My ATACR 5-25s out perform it except FOV which is no surprise.

Think it could out do a ATACR 4-16 at distance but didn't currently have any around to compare directly.

Didn't have a S&B shorty to compare with :(

The mild fish bowl at 2.5x basically went away after adjusting the diopter. So if anyone has that concern seems to adjust out really well.

Parallax range is larger vs most scopes but not picky. You will notice a difference though.

Eye box is zero issue for me, but I shoot a huge variety of scopes. Most scopes from 10 years ago are way more picky.

Illumination is perfect. Turrets are premium quality.

So question for you guys that have been able to play with these and say a vortex razor AMG, how do these scopes compare? Glass, turrets, eye box etc

What are the specs on that awesome rig? Barrel length/contour? What brake is that?
The barrel is 20" With APA micro bastard break.#4 barrel 8 twist and I'm shooting 75gr amax with rl15 or h335 and the recoil is as lite as can be.Travis can build a nice rifle.

Attachments

• 28947300_1256581461153229_8689985136329342564_o.jpg
    28947300_1256581461153229_8689985136329342564_o.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: BallisticPrimate
I have a vortex AMG now and I am very very impressed with the glass. I have good vision so take this with a grain of salt. I think I don’t pick up on some of the subtle nuances in glass even though I own very nice stuff (swaro el 12x50 etc) It’s more clear and brighter than my kahles 624i and really close to the 5-25 ATACR’s I’ve had. I still haven’t got to compare it to an NX8. I don’t know how the rest of the scope will do, but glass wise I think the AMG is very underrated.

Just ordered
Hahahaha, saw that. Already fixed it today. Scope is now on my KAC LPR, where it will likely stay. Looks SUPER good on the KAC. Talk about an awesome SPR/ DMR scope. I love that I can now really stretch out the 18" barrel of my LPR.

Ok, so when I took the scope out today, I also took out my GAP-10 with my 5-25 ATACR. I set my 5-25 on 20X, and did an absolute side by side comp. The 2.5-20 is very nice, very clear, and can certainly hold it's own by itself. However....it is not an ATACR. When absolutely side by side, the ATACR shows itself. The ATACR has more "pop", and is a bit cleaner overall. That is not to say the NX8 isn't nice....it is. Since I have both, I can be totally honest in my comparison. If you don't look through the ATACR, the glass in the NX8 is going to seem very good. It's only in a true side by side test that a difference can be seen. I believe the cost on the NX8 is about $1900, the ATACR is around $2500. That $600 does show. Whether it shows enough to justify the cost is an individual decision. For a 12" scope that weighs 28 ounces, with such a usable power band.....I am really happy with the purchase. I think for any semi auto, the NX8 2.5-20 is going to be the heat!

I sure appreciate you sharing your experience using the NX8. Decided to go with the 4-16x50 atacr f1 mil xt. I'm sure ill own the NX8 at some point.

Read this whole thread top to bottom. Still on the fence. Do I get another AMG or go for the 4-32 NX8 knowing my eyes aren’t great anyway, not bad enough to need glasses but still.

Decisions decisions.

I have the 2-20 now. I've only had it out a few times but I'm not sure why they have gotten such a bad rap. I think the glass is good, very bright and the eyebox seems just a finicky as my AMG, although i'm not comparing them side by side. The turrets are fine and I really like the mil-xt reticle. This is the perfect little scope for my ar and on a lighter weight hunting rifle. Just my sample size of one.

You guys that have had the 4-32 now for a while, how’s the parallax? Are you have to constantly having to adjust it for targets at different distances?

You guys that have had the 4-32 now for a while, how’s the parallax? Are you have to constantly having to adjust it for targets at different distances?

No. I've shot several .22 PRS matches since mounting it and I barely touch the parallax. When I do, it's usually for high mag, small targets like the KYL rack. Even when I zoom in a bit on farther targets, I don't touch the parallax. In fact, I have notes in my match log to try using parallax more just to see if I get better results. I'm usually running about 12-14x on most targets except those mentioned. IF I have extra time, I'll zoom in and fiddle w/ parallax for some of the farther targets like the golf ball at 200 yards at the end of a string of a 30 round COF where the 200 yard golf ball is the last target.

Reactions: lash and RFutch
4-32 is a great scope. Glass seems a shad better than the 2.5-20 also

View attachment 7343006
Nice Rig sir! What caliber and bullet did you use? I was shooting prairie dogs the other day and my .223 bullet ZIPPED right through (3) of them and they GOT BACK UP! After that I switched to 55 grain BTHP and that solved the problem....no more prairie dogs and FMJ for me ever again. When your shooting one of those varmints twice and they are still crawling you aren’t using the right bullet....

I have the 2-20 now. I've only had it out a few times but I'm not sure why they have gotten such a bad rap. I think the glass is good, very bright and the eyebox seems just a finicky as my AMG, although i'm not comparing them side by side. The turrets are fine and I really like the mil-xt reticle. This is the perfect little scope for my ar and on a lighter weight hunting rifle. Just my sample size of one.
I was extremely happy with mine as well. I like the 4x32 more but that’s only because my eyesight sucks. I have used the 2x20 in a variety Of different matches and it has served me extremely well. I like these NX8’s because the weight savings is SUBSTANTIAL when having to carry your rifle versus the Atacr series which are SUPERB (I own all of them in the MIL XT reticle)....

Reactions: deersniper
Nice Rig sir! What caliber and bullet did you use? I was shooting prairie dogs the other day and my .223 bullet ZIPPED right through (3) of them and they GOT BACK UP! After that I switched to 55 grain BTHP and that solved the problem....no more prairie dogs and FMJ for me ever again. When your shooting one of those varmints twice and they are still crawling you aren’t using the right bullet....
6.5 cm 140ELD

also have great luck with .223 50-60 gr vmax or other tipper bullets
.308 with 168 amax works great also

How does it compare to the normal atacr f1
It’s very good. The simple answer is its GOOD ENOUGH FOR 99% of your applications. It’s lighter, shorter and much more enjoyable to carry if your rifle is being dragged farther than the car to the range. The Atacr IMHO is an overall better optic, but it weighs More, is longer, is heavier and Doesn't parralax down to 10 meters which is amazing when your using it for NRL...... if you're trying to shoot two miles? Then go with the atacr 5-25 or 7-35.
Personally, I think these 4-32’s or 2-20 NXS’s are fantastic for gas guns.....7.62x51 or 6.5...the other option that is great that I also love and own is the NF Atacr 4-16x42 or 50...that is an excellent optic...I wish it went to 20 power.... then it would be the best optic on the market in the range..JMHO

Last edited:
Just put an NX8 4-32 Tremor3 on my new hunting rig. I was running a US Optics TPAL 5-25 for years, just needed something lighter.

I'm very happy with the scope and the overall weight savings are great (put this together for some Rocky Mtn tomfoolery). Still working to get the rifle to settle, but groups are getting dialed in, should be good to go in time for 3rd Rifle.

Glass is great and the eye box is an improvement over the TPAL for sure.

I do notice a difference in 30mm vs 34mm tube at low light times at higher magnification, but for my uses, that'd be cutting it close to shooting times anyway. As far as any prismatic shift in image (fun house mirror) I've not seen it, though it may be exacerbated by mirage? not sure.

65 Creedmoor.jpg

Reactions: equilibrium
Is this something I should be worried about I have a similar rig looking at topping it with the 4x32

Is this something I should be worried about I have a similar rig looking at topping it with the 4x32
Worried about what? The fun house mirror? I don't think so, I saw earlier posts mentioning it, but i haven't seen it.

I've got the 4-32 & 2-20. Mil-C Now my favorite scopes! No complaints from me. Not as much experience as most of you but I'm happy!

I have 2x 4-32x50, shot my friends 2.5-20 a fair bit. I also own 2x xtr3 3.3-18x50 and one 5.5-30x56. I will say the glass in my 4-32x50 is fair bit sharper in the middle of view. Fov and dof isn't as good. The turrets on my 2x 3.3-18x50 aren't that good, better on my 5.5-30x56. One thing I have come to notice, after several hundred rounds of magnum reoil in light braked rifles, the damn reticle/fov moves when rocking the power ring + -. This has happened on all 3 Burris 3.3-18x50(one was sent in and replaced, the replacement does it now too, guess it's a fact of life). The 5.5-30x56 is fine but is on a low recoil heavy chassis rifle. It doesn't affect zero or tracking, shoots true, but it shouldn't be like this. I know 2 other guys who've had the problem. I have a kahles k624i that does the same thing. It's getting sent in after hunting season. I've had ZERO issues with any of my nightforce scopes.

Is the reticle rocking only when coming of maximum magnification?
A mates Vortex does a very faint sideways shift coming of max magnification.
Testing it shows that there is no actual POI shift, rather just the image shifting.

Did some research at the time and it seems like it a somewhat common "problem".

Bump for this thread.

I've narrowed my search scope search to go on a new build .300 long range rifle to the NX8 4-32 and a Steiner M5xi 5-25. They are both about the same price and they are both in stock.

The advantage of the NX8 for me would be it has at 30mm tube and parallax goes down to 10 metres, vs 50m min parallax and 34mm tube (bit heavier, more expensive rings) on the Steiner. Parallax doesn't matter that much I guess, although I was going to put the scope on a 22LR until I get the .300 in April/May, so I won't be doing that with the Steiner.

The disadvantage of the NF8 is the 30mm tube ;) Do the optics suffer at all fitting everything inside a 30mm tube?

I guess the priorities for me are tracking accuracy and optical quality: I want to be able to self-spot impacts and misses at long range, 1000 metres+++.

Anybody used both?

Of those two the Steiner is the better scope hands down. The nx8 is way overpriced for what it is. 10m parallax on a long range rig doesn’t matter. 34mm should give you more elevation adjustment which is much more important for a long range rifle. A used Schmidt pm2 is better than both those scopes and can be had around 2300 or so if your search and are patient enough

Reactions: Stoweit
I disagree. Putting a big ass scope like the Steiner 5-25 on a hunting rifle is retarded.
I think its all personal choice.

Both of my primary hunting rifles have 5-25's on them. I'm not a weight issue kinda guy, both my big game rifles weight north of 11lbs, my 300 Norma comes in a little over 12lbs.

And if you aren't worried about weight, why not run the optic you want?