• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Hill NC Tactical Sniper Match at Woody's Place

Re: New Hill NC Tactical Sniper Match at Woody's Place

Hey Branson1369,

I believe we have shot in the past in Ramseur, NC at the home range. I will be coming along with one of my fellow instructors(Law-man-the blondy). I will be running a 6.5 grendel and he will be running a standard A2 in 5.56.

A couple questions:
Will there be time to confirm zero's? (We zeroed this past weekend so we should be squared away but we all know how "should" can go...)

Will there be time to make range data cards and to range targets before our 2 minutes has started or must all ranging be done during the 2 minutes?

Thanks.

This shoot should be a blast (no pun intended), looking forward to seeing you guys out there.

See you then,

The Kid

Keaton

I was hoping that was you Jason gave up his slots to. It will be great shooting with you!!!!! MY shooting partner just got a 6.5 Grendel and we sighted it in last night. (Congrats on your Grendel).

No zero in time on day of match but you should be good if you are zeroed at the home range. THere will ikely be time to walk thew course prior if you come early.

We have 18 teams so it should be a great shoot. I am hoping to shoot the Ramseur Sniper match again in Jan.

It is likely that Woody will have 2 to 3 more next year.

CYA Saturday

Dave

Dave

It was very nice of him and we are both excited about being able to shoot this event. Will he be shooting the Grendel for this shoot?

Sounds good, the zero should hold up. If not first round down range won't lie! What is early for you? Early for me is noon but I assume you mean 7:15 ish?

The sniper shoot should be a blast, make sure you confirm the dates on the forum before you come since they are often changed. I will be shooting the Grendel at that event too, are you going to be bringing the same gentleman you brought last time?

Sounds good to me. See you guys then.

Keaton

I would say get there sometime after 7:30 or 7:45

CYA Sat

weather looks good for tomorrow with current count of 18 teams.

Bring your wind game as it looks like mother nature is going to test our skills tomorrow

Semper Fi

If you missed it, you MISSED it. Another great day of sun and wind and BBQ (my diet and training are ruined for this week). I took some good learning away from this one and a fun time.

Thanks Damon.

Great match, Dave. I really liked the layout and how smoothly everything went. Definitely a top notch effort. Many thanks to you and to Woody.

Great match. I had a blast. I'll be at the next one for sure.

Woody,

It was a great match. thanks for organizing and running it. The BBQ was delicious. You certainly had some tough targets to hit.

All

Thanks for attending and I look forward to seeing you all @ the next match! Sounds like we will have 3 to 5 next year.

I had a hard kit lesson on stage 5 that cost Barone and me a few rungs on the ladder. Amazing what happens when you dial in 10 MOA off especailly when you have a zero stop and shouldn't make that type of error.

Overall great match and what a day it was for a shoot.

Semper Fi

Good match. I learned more in one day than I have since I bought my rifle earlier this year.

Great match.Stage 4 was the killer standing 450 yard 8 inch target the shadows on the targets made it tough.Second time shooting this match was not disapointed at all. Everything ran smooth the food was great.Woody's dad is a great cook and many thanks to Woody's wife for the food.Would like to see a limit of 2 rounds per target or a second class for the AR shooters.Woody has s great layout for this type of shoot.Thanks to all the RO's who helped with the match.Had a great time.

Agree completely with everyone! Super layout for this type of match. Big thanks to the Woody, the RO's, Mr. Woody Sr. and Mrs. Woody for their food spread. Usually Baked Beans are a staple for a food spread like this but I could have ate 3rd's and 4th's of the Green Beans. Really enjoyed everyone's fellowship and look forward to seeing everyone next time.
1. Echo the idea of a seperate class for AR's.
2. Is their a reason for not splitting the field into 5 squads and have a shotgun start? Could help with overall time.
3. With 6 targets per stage could one of the targets be designated as a bonus to engage if their is par time remaining?
Lots of ways to add to this match.

I'm off for a couple of days and am headed to the range now to see what my malfunction is.

Thanks to all who came out to shoot.Thanks to Dave Branson for all his help posting the match and answering all the questions on the post.Looking forward to the next shoot.I'm planning on having a shot gun start(I mean a rifle start) with equal numbers on each squads next match.Also,I'm considering having bolt and ar class but,some folks partner shots one or the other.Please remember the match is based on a DSM.Unit.I'm trying to keep in mind that urban warfare is being carried out w/ Ar style Weapons.Its all good food for thought and I really do appreciate everyones input.

Thanks Woody

Would someone please post or PM me the scores.

Thanks,

Overall Scores
Team Time
1-Kevin Cates/Dave Piatt 22:56
2-T.K.Martindill/Pat Parker 24:49
3-Angel Gonlales/Brian White 25:14
4-Doug Humphery/Donald Helms 26:06
5-Keaton Friedman/Lawson Hawkins 26:29
6-Dave Branson/Mike Barone 28:15
7-John H.Smith/Tim Haga 31:20
8-Jim White/Justin Nap 32:14
9-Phil Holrook/Robert Stewart 32:50
10-Russ Bell/David Holifield 34:39
11-Jamie Stokey/Jeff Naylor 34:53
12-Paul Tobas/J.D.Potynsky 36:57
13-Scott Thompson/Raymond Murray 37:37
14-Bill Godwin/Alex Nadalini 37:49
15-Randall Harris/Garrett Howell 50:00
16-Humphrey Hayes/Ken Isaacs 51:00

Hey Keaton and Lawson if ya'll are shooting 3 gun this weekend PM me.

Keaton/Lawson

It would be great to have you out to a DPRC 3 Gun. We have one Sunday @ 10 and numerous scheduled the web link is www.dprc.org

Dave

I also had a great time. I liked the target layout, stage four was evil. I agree that two classes, one for bolt and one for gas guns would be nice. Or you could limit the round count and add time for misses if autos are shooting against bolts. Overall very nice event, I'll be back for the next one.