• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Hornady 134 .257

Yoteski

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017

Yes!

giphy-9.gif

I'm just about to the end of my 131 Ace supply. I'll give these a try once they're available.

I have great luck with the 135 Bergers, but I reckon these will be .10-.15 cents cheaper per bullet. I'll feel a lot better about rolling out the 25 Creed to shoot one day matches.

Reactions: FuhQ
Hornady really are geniuses when it comes to product marketing. Released the 6.5C in 2007 and that becomes huge. Then go to 6C and then 6ARC and help with the 6GT. Now hit the .25 market.

I'm just about to the end of my 131 Ace supply. I'll give these a try once they're available.
I've been waiting for 2 years to get some after ordering several boxes at the same time I ordered my 26" 7.5 twist Proof CF blank from them... I guess I'll never get those Blackjack bullets. Now that Berger and Hornady are finally getting into the game, I hope this means more awesome .25 caliber cartridges in the future. I hope they standardize the .25 Creedmoor, and .25-06 Ackley Improved 40º, like Nosler did with the .280 Ackley Improved.

I've been waiting for 2 years to get some after ordering several boxes at the same time I ordered my 26" 7.5 twist Proof CF blank from them... I guess I'll never get those Blackjack bullets. Now that Berger and Hornady are finally getting into the game, I hope this means more awesome .25 caliber cartridges in the future. I hope they standardize the .25 Creedmoor, and .25-06 Ackley Improved 40º, like Nosler did with the .280 Ackley Improved.
Same here....I had 1,000 ACE bullets and now down to 200. I haven't shot my 25 creedmoor barrel (Desert Tech) in quite awhile because I don't want to run out. I can't remember when I last placed my last order, but I think it was 2 years ago as well. I doubt I will see those ACE bullets again. Shame, as they shot really well for me.

The ACE is done done. Even if Sierra made more, the money to pay for them doesn't exist anymore, and you're not gonna see it come back to you. (I'm in that boat with you, unfortunately).

Another option that doesn't seem to get discussed much is the Berger 133 Elite Hunter - it's not available in bulk, which makes it more expensive, but apparently if you have issues with really refining the 135, the 133 turns out to be worth trying.

Also, Ed Faber at JLK told me last year that they were intending to release a .257 bullet - doesn't seem to have happened, yet, but maybe we'll see a third .257 heavy match bullet this year at some point.

Now if I could lay hands on some of these ELD-Ms... LOL

The ACE is done done. Even if Sierra made more, the money to pay for them doesn't exist anymore, and you're not gonna see it come back to you. (I'm in that boat with you, unfortunately).

Another option that doesn't seem to get discussed much is the Berger 133 Elite Hunter - it's not available in bulk, which makes it more expensive, but apparently if you have issues with really refining the 135, the 133 turns out to be worth trying.

Also, Ed Faber at JLK told me last year that they were intending to release a .257 bullet - doesn't seem to have happened, yet, but maybe we'll see a third .257 heavy match bullet this year at some point.

Now if I could lay hands on some of these ELD-Ms... LOL
Im confused, why cant Sierra make more 131's and sell them, who cares about ace

Im confused, why cant Sierra make more 131's and sell them, who cares about ace

Sierra was making them for Blackjack under contract - not clear to me who owns the design, actually, so I don't know if Sierra could sell them directly (though they could easily generate their own high BC .257 design). But, Sierra's apparently focused on "more important things" like large government contracts making military focused bullets. Way more money in that than servicing the competition shooting market.

Sierra was making them for Blackjack under contract - not clear to me who owns the design, actually, so I don't know if Sierra could sell them directly (though they could easily generate their own high BC .257 design). But, Sierra's apparently focused on "more important things" like large government contracts making military focused bullets. Way more money in that than servicing the competition shooting market.
That and they got into the ammo business during that same time.

Sierra is a funny company. Always struck me as odd that the two best bullets they manufacturer (in my opinion) are contract bullets (the 131 ace and the 115 dtac), which they hardly try to compete with by making/marketing their own product. And when they do, it’ll will be hugely expensive. The 6mm 110 gr smk comes to mind.

It would be interesting to know if sierra ever made any or all of the BJ’s order. That order had been placed long before the shenanigans.

Reactions: davere
134gr projectiles BC’s at Mach 2.25:

G1 .645
G7 .325

Twist rate recommended by Hornady at 1-7” to 1-7.5” range.

Comparisons:

.257 131gr Blackjack ACE .332 G7
.257 135gr Berger LRHB .650 G1 .334 G7
.264 140gr Hornady ELD .646 G1 .326 G7

I got an in stock email from precision reloading. Just my luck by the time I opened it they were sold out! GRRR!!
hope some of you fellas picked some up!

Just ordered a box. We will see how it goes.

I just ran the 134s, 10 rounds each, through my AI 25 Creedmoor barrel, DT 25 Creedmoor barrel, and DT 25 PRC barrel. Accuracy was decent. My DT 25 Creedmoor barrel seemed to like them. I need to play with seating depth on the PRC and AI to tighten up the group. I also need to lower the charge weights. These were the loads for my 131s, so velocities were pretty high.

20230609_105539.jpg
20230609_092924.jpg
20230609_090920.jpg
20230609_084515.jpg

Reactions: nrspence
Just received some of these 134’s and am curious on what they like to jump? And are they proving to be a decent bullet? I picked up 2k 135 hybrids but I want these 134’s to be good lol so I can have something else to rely on. 25CM with 6.5 StaBall powder (yeah I know, it’s not H4350)

What kind of COAL are you all getting with these heavy 25cal bullets? Looking at the 25CM as a possible rebarrel option for my .308 Tac A1.