• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report New Hornady 178 BTHP load

Re: New Hornady 178 BTHP load

What are you waiting to hear? Try them out. They have been shot in a bunch of different semi autos and are safe for semi autos per Hornady. Got to put them through your rifle to see how they work in it. No one can help you out with that.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you waiting to hear?</div></div>

Accuracy report in a M1A. If it is bad news, they will wait for my bolt gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruze5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just placed at order from powdervally. will try it in my 24" harbinger!!! </div></div>

Wish I could find a Harbinger for sale that was in good shape!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you waiting to hear?</div></div>

Accuracy report in a M1A. If it is bad news, they will wait for my bolt gun. </div></div>

Someone elses rifle won't tell you how yours will shoot it. Too many variables. Take it out and try some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you waiting to hear?</div></div>

Accuracy report in a M1A. If it is bad news, they will wait for my bolt gun. </div></div>

Someone elses rifle won't tell you how yours will shoot it. Too many variables. Take it out and try some. </div></div>

Will do.

As most of you have probably surmised, the discoloration around the primers in my photo indicates superheated gas leakage. This leakage has started to etch the bolt face on my SR25. Since there are no other pressure signs (cratering, flattening, etc), I suspect a bad batch of brass. I have contacted Hornady and am awaiting a response.

So, add me to the list of shooters who will not use the 178gr Superformance round until Hornady addresses issues with the primers.

178gr_brass.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As most of you have probably surmised, the discoloration around the primers in my photo indicates superheated gas leakage. This leakage has started to etch the bolt face on my SR25. Since there are no other pressure signs (cratering, flattening, etc), I suspect a bad batch of brass. I have contacted Hornady and am awaiting a response.

So, add me to the list of shooters who will not use the 178gr Superformance round until Hornady addresses issues with the primers.

178gr_brass.jpg

</div></div>
I don't recall any accuracy report from this or your earlier post with the pics. What did you get out of that self-loader?

I'm getting flyers with my lot of Superformance. That, and diagonal vertical stringing when shot side-by-side with known lots of FGMM which shoot bugholes on the same target.

Velocity at 85 degrees is only up 5fps from the velocity at 60 degrees.

Raul, is that from a bolt gun or gas gun? Everyone with a gas gun I know shooting this stuff gets diagonal stringing from around 1oclock to 7oclock. We all had such high hopes. I still need to try some out of my shorty bolt gun.

Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that from a bolt gun or gas gun?</div></div>Both.

I was at the range this morning with the bolt gun. It's zero'd for my lot of Superformance. I started with a perfect cold bore at 100m on a 1/2" dot. Next I shot a five shot group using the remainder of the box: a diagonal string. Strange... because all chrono'd within 5fps of the cold bore (2795fps at 82 degrees).

To confirm the stringing I immediately loaded and shot five 168gr FGMM to the right of the first group without changing my zero. Then I shot a Superformance round into that same group. It's the round on the right of the knot on the right.

Hmmmm......

The Superformance string is on the left. The 168gr FGMM group is on the right:
IMG_3003.jpg

Hey Gents,

I reached out to Hornady to address the concern in this thread specifically and they provided the following statement. If you read carefully, there are some very interesting recommendations. I'm told that Hornady will also be posting this release in PDF form on the www.hornady.com website.

Best,
Eric

Eric R. Poole
Editor, SIP Division
Intermedia Outdoors

Superformance in Semi-Auto/Select Fire Guns

Background

Superformance ammunition was developed in the Hornady ballistics lab utilizing state of the art test equipment in accordance with SAAMI (Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute) guidelines for pressure, velocity and accuracy utilizing test barrels with SAAMI minimum specification chambers and bore and groove dimensions.

All ammunition is extensively tested for pressure and velocity deviation at temperatures from - 20&#8304; F to + 140&#8304; F. All Superformance loads exhibit extremely stable performance with very little if any deviation in pressure and velocity at extreme temperatures.

Superformance propellants provide a longer duration/application of peak pressure in the pressure time curve that occurs within the barrel (see Fig. 1 pressure curve). In other words, both Superformance and standard propellants provide an equally powerful “push” applied to the base of the bullet, but with Superformance propellants, the “push” is applied for a longer period of time.

Once the peak pressure dissipates, the Superformance powder burn returns to a “normal” curve, similar to standard propellants. This illustrates the highly progressive burning characteristics of the powder and its ability to completely burn. A complete burn of the entire Superformance charge takes place in a shorter period of time, creating far less velocity reduction in shorter barrel lengths (barrel length = time to burn).

Internal Ballistics of Superformance in Semi-Auto/Select Fire Guns

Superformance ammunition is tested and is safely within SAAMI pressure guidelines. Gas operated (direct impingement or gas piston) firearms are perfectly safe to use with Superformance ammunition. However, Hornady ballisticians have conducted testing with a variety of guns (including guns equipped with suppressors), and our findings conclude that some systems work far better with Superformance ammunition than others.

It is recommended that to get the best functioning with Superformance ammunition in gas operated/gas piston semi-automatic or select fire guns, rifle length gas systems with 20 inch or longer barrel lengths are best for reliable firing and extraction. Any other configuration, particularly shorter barrels/gas systems are best served with the installation of an adjustable gas system, ESPECIALLY if a suppressor is to be installed.

Due to the longer duration of peak pressure produced by Superformance™, the post peak/declining port pressure at common carbine and mid-length gas port locations is still higher than that produced by standard propellant. This has a tendency to flood the system with a larger volume of gas, at a higher velocity, that tries to open the bolt of the gun too fast. It’s a timing issue. The cartridge case is still swollen from the application of pressure during firing while the gun is simultaneously trying to extract the cartridge case before it has had an opportunity to settle back to its original size, or more simply: the gun is still in the process or firing while it’s trying to extract the cartridge case.

If the firearm and the ammunition are not in sync, there can be what is commonly identified as “pressure signs” on the cartridge case. This is exhibited by the movement/marring of the head of the cartridge case, cratered primers, flat primers, ripped or ruptured cartridge cases, “popped primers”, and/or any combination of these effects. If any of these “pressure signs” are apparent, stop firing immediately. If an adjustable gas system is installed, it is advisable to reduce the amount of gas flowing through the system by closing the gas port until the gun operates correctly.

With the installation of an adjustable gas system, gas pressure can be metered to a point that enough gas is applied to open the bolt, but at a slower rate to allow the cartridge case to return to its original diameter prior to the movement of the bolt, and thus allow for proper extraction.

Superformance and Suppressors

The use of suppressors on rifles creates yet another dynamic in firearms design that is not commonly understood or communicated. Consider the suppressor on a firearm the same as a muffler on a car. The suppressor works as a filter for the gas (noise) that is escaping the barrel during firing. As a “filter”, it takes longer for the gas to leave the confines of the firearm, and thus, it creates back pressure. This back pressure, ESPECIALLY in a gas operated firearm forces an extensive amount of gas back through the firearm’s operating system that may create too much thrust too early during the firearm’s cycle of operation.

To counteract this back pressure, the use of an adjustable gas system is advised. By metering the gas system to ensure that it will cycle the firearm correctly and not flood the system with gas/pressure, the gun will work properly and will still benefit dramatically from the increased velocity potential of Superformance ammunition.

Thanks for posting that up Eric. I was coming to do it when i saw you already had it covered. Some other points:

1. Superformance is NOT high pressure ammunition – it is loaded to SAAMI established pressure levels.

2. Superformance achieves higher velocity by providing a longer duration of peak pressure (longer “push” on the bullet), that MAY manifest in higher gas port pressure in some gas operated firearms (carbine and mid-length in particular).

3. Hornady is a SAAMI member, and adheres implicitly to all established pressure limits for EVERY cartridge in our lineup.

4. Hornady tests all bullets/ammunition/propellant EXTENSIVELY for pressure, velocity and accuracy using State-Of-The-Art SAAMI standardized test equipment.

5. Hornady tests all propellant/ammunition for pressure and velocity after subjecting it to -20 deg. F temps as well as +140 deg. F temps.

6. Superformance ammunition exhibits extremely stable performance, regardless of temperature.

7. Superformance propellant is extremely progressive, clean burning, and delivers all of its energy in a shorter period of time = barrel length.

8. Superformance gives up far less velocity in shorter barreled guns than conventional propellants.

9. Superformance ammunition / propellant technology is modern, high performance ammunition technology. As we move forward, we expect more and more ammunition manufacturers to start to incorporate this technology into their factory offered loads.

10. Hornady is a company still deeply ingrained in its roots as a component / reloading manufacturer. Unfortunately, we do not sell propellant (totally different type of business), but as we move into the future, we feel that canister “Superformance-like” propellants for reloaders will most certainly become available. We feel sure that it’s only a matter of time, because this propellant technology simply rewrites current expectations of ballistic performance.

11. In order to realize the velocity/performance gains offered by Superformance, it may be prudent (we would recommend the same for any load really), to tune the “system” (gas system, barrel length, bolt speed etc.) to take full advantage of this modern high performance ammunition.

Also some answers for some questions people asked:

1. We print the recommended reloading data for the 6.5 Creedmoor loads on the box because the original intention was to provide high power / across the course competitors with a loaded ammunition product purpose built for match shooting using off the shelf propellants and performance that could be duplicated by the handloader.

2. We do intend to broaden our Superformance Match offerings.

3. The 178 gr BTHP Match bullet is currently being boxed for individual sale and should be shipping soon. It is Item #30715. NOTE: This bullet is too long to be loaded in magazine length configuration for the 300 Win Mag. It is optimized for the 308 Win chamber.

Hi Rob,

Re one of your earlier posts, it's 108F here today (PHX). Hot enough for you to test the ammo.
Or you could just send it to me or Mike, and we'll shoot it for you!
wink.gif

Hope you are well my Friend.

Neil

I fired 360 rounds out of Lot# 3100204 without a single problem. Took it out to 1000 yards with my 18.5" Remington 700 and it performed exceptionally well.

Today I shot 15 rounds out of Lot# 3100508, and here is the result:
Edit1.jpg

This is the rifle:
Edit2.jpg

Outside temperature was about 90 degrees, though it was just as high the last few times when I used the previous lot.

Popped a primer at a competition May 30
cry.gif
, temp was ~75F, altitude 4200 ft, barrel temp nothing unusual. Strings of 5 or less at one minute intervals between shots and 5 minutes between groups, after ~15 rdr.
Savage 10FP
Lot # 3100547
Accuracy and grouping not enough difference to really crow about, good-excellent. Cold bore shots at 600yds and 1000yds were sweet (finally knowing the weapon system helps out a bit there though,
crazy.gif
) Seemed to buck the WIND a smidgen better.
I usually shoot Fed 168 BTHP or BH 175 BTHP.

Damn Eric you beat me too it every time LOL

All I can say is I shot it at the Cup, and regardless of the string I had no issues whatsoever. It performed flawlessly including multiple strings with a loose suppressor!! lol.

The irregular impact points had absolutely nothing to do with the ammunition
smile.gif

I just got done reading this thread! I am getting ready to go to school and wanted to shoot either 168gr or the 178gr.

I am currently shooting the 110 TAP for department purposes. However, I want to go heavier for distance and wind.

Has anyone shot the 178 out of a 1 in 12 twist barrel. I am shooting an Accuracy International AE.

Several guys are shooting the 1/10 and I even saw a 1/11.25 but I couldn't find anything on 1/12.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I need to purchase this ammo specifically for this class and it is coming up so I dont have a lot of time to test both. I know the 168 shoots pretty well already - is the 178 worth the time and money?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunslinger2111</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hornady sent me this link for clarification on Superformance ammunition. Some of you may find it interesting.

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/superformance-in-gas-operated-firearms

Best,
Eric

</div></div>
I was all ready to grouse about the nice graphs being almost USELESS without some NUMBERS on each axis, then found the illustrations of AR-type gas ports lower on the linked page.

Good for Hornady for at least giving us the barrel points. Still no pressure figure.

So, *ASSUMING* that the "comparable" ammo is somewhere between 10,500 and 14,500 PSI via CUP measurement at the 14 inch from the breechface point (about 12.5 inches of bullet travel), SuperFormance 178-gr ammo will be just fine in an M14 gas system. IF the other stuff is okay.

On the other hand, there's more at play here and the Hornady explanation is suspect, as our latest report of popped primers (and what looks to me like a seriously expanded primer pocket) is out of a bolt gun, NOT a semiauto.

I'm still quite reluctant to call it a soft brass issue. My box of 155 Hornadys don't do that, but maybe I need to test the last few rounds at 100F.

Could somebody with popped primer cases AND with okay cases please arrange to get a hardness test of the casehead area, preferably a reading in the extractor groove? I'll have access to an RCBS lead tester next week, and might look up whether that cone thing can be used on brass. Otherwise, please skule me on howto at least get some ordinal-scale results using alternate methods. Calibrated hammer drop on a standard .125-inch bearing or something, gentlemen???

All my 178gr Superformance ammo is at Hornady right now being tested. I had primer leakage shooting the latest lot out of a KAC 20" Enhanced Match Rifle. Ammo from the previous lot did not have this issue.

According to the Hornady engineer I spoke with over the phone, they have only produced two lots of the 178gr Superformance to date, so I'm thinking something changed between the two lots, but Hornady doesn't know what this "something" is quite yet.

Interestingly, the engineer stated he had not heard of any complaints from bolt gun users - only from us gas gun guys. So if you're having issues with primers in your bolt gun let Hornady know...!

How about they just give us the bullets. I'll load it to my specs with no primer issues.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alex Nenadic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I fired 360 rounds out of Lot# 3100204 without a single problem. Took it out to 1000 yards with my 18.5" Remington 700 and it performed exceptionally well.

Edit1.jpg

This is the rifle:
Edit2.jpg

Outside temperature was about 90 degrees, though it was just as high the last few times when I used the previous lot. </div></div>

WTF???

Are there other lot numbers I should watch out for???? Has this post been addressed and I'm just missing it? Somebody clue me in please, because I'm not buying anything that's performing like this.

BTW, I shoot Hornady 168grn Match and love the stuff, but those pic's......

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He_Shoot _Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WTF???

Are there other lot numbers I should watch out for????
-Pat </div></div>

RTFP!!!

READ the Fabulous Post!!!

Hornady has produced only two lots, per secondhand to us report before yours.

Of course, I'll check the time stamps on the posts to make sure I'm not unfairly dogging you.

he_shoot_me:

I got you, the two lots story was long before your post. However, you got me, there are THREE lot numbers reported here. A summary:

vmpgsc reported the “only two lots produced story.

We have the following THREE lots reported here on the Board:

Lot # 3100547
fewenuff, popped a primer at about 75°F, Savage 10FP, no barrel length reported, not stated whether a can is involved.

Lot# 3100508 Gas leakage, one popped primer. Alex Nenadic, 18.5" Rem700, @ 90° F.
arrrrgh15, 2800 fps, rifle not stated in the post, no problem stated in post.

Lot# 3100204 No problem, 360 rounds. Alex Nenadic, 18.5" Rem700, @ 90° F.
jbulrs3 no problem one week, then blew primers the next, 70° F, 22-inch Krieger on bolt gun.
Graham, no problems, but 26" barrel tops out at 2790 fps (I say that’s fast enough for 178s!).
Onemoretime, 26" Rem factory, 2758 fps, no problems (also another rifle(s?), at 20")
Rob01, no problems, 20" GAP and POF rifles.

Lot not stated: KYshooter338$, no problems, presumably cool with dew on the grass, rifle suppressed. Sometime during the week before 5/16/10.

Perhaps the numbers we are reading off of the boxes are not really the lot number? Or there are sub-lots?

These are the first-hand reports in this thread.

Grump,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. If I miss something, don’t worry one little bit about “unfairly dogging me” Hahahaha It’s all good brother. I remember checking this post out when it first came out and asking Rob for some 300wsm love, but had sense forgotten about the round all together because that was 3 FABULOUS months ago.
smile.gif

So, I see the thread back up on the main page and I’m like oh yea, SCORE, lets see what everyone’s saying. I hop right to page four to read the very latest and notice right away everyones talking about temp, barrel length, 6ft puff, dew, etc. At that point I was having that “hmmmm” moment. I should’ve gone ALL the way back and started fresh, but didn’t.

Then I see this:
178gr_brass.jpg

Ummmm, okay, who knows, isolated incident, whatever……continue reading. I then read Hornadys response about it being used in a gasser, and the use of a can, how the powder works/burns etc. and was still cool with things thinking those can be finicky….no big deal. Keep in mind that I AM pro Hornady and I’ve been the only guy I’ve seen slinging their 308 match where I shoot. I pimp it to everyone that asks, and am about 30 days from dropping $500+ hondos on their 6.5 Grendel ammo. I’M NOT HATING here!

However, seeing this pic, and it coming from a bolt gun; well that’s when I had my WHAT THE FABULOUS moment.

Edit1.jpg

I don’t care what the temp, baro, humidity, dew, elev, etc; there is a problem here. With that said, I’m confident Hornady will get this figured-out, and make the necessary changes.

-Pat

He_shoot_me:

Been there, done that, even got a red face a few times. Know exactly how it happens.

Just doing my part to be a tough crowd here in the Hide.

"Fabulous question" came from the guy who wrote the federal sentencing guide book back in the 1990s or whenever. Now it's the post. World needs more guys with your attitude.

Back on-topic:

I wonder if the propellant is somehow extremely sensitive to tight bores... except for that Savage 10FP report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alex Nenadic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Edit1.jpg

Outside temperature was about 90 degrees, though it was just as high the last few times when I used the previous lot. </div></div>

This past weekend I shot the remaining 5 rounds out of the problematic box of 20 rounds, some of which are pictured above. This time outside temp was a cool 80ish degrees and the ammo showed no pressure sings of any kind. I then proceeded to shoot another 40 rounds out of lot Lot# 3100508 without a single problem, both smooth feeding and extraction.

The best I can figure is that the ammo is loaded so hot that ambient temp of 90+ pushes it over the limit in tight chambers. Otherwise it shot exceptionally well, and allowed my 18.5" (soon to be 17" + brake) rifle to kick some major butt at 1000 yards.

Edited to add that it took me 9.8-10 mils (the difference between two days) from my 100 yard zero to be on at 1000 yards.

Shot some of the Superformance out of the Bighorn Arms rifle today.

It was 93 degrees, and on the 15th round we got pressure signs, by the 18th round they were done. We had to switch to Cor Bon, which ran flawless.

We dubbed the Hornady the winter round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We dubbed the Hornady the winter round. </div></div>

With the current lots that is quite appropriate.

I have to dig up all the official chrono numbers from all the guns, but to be brief:

4 of us put some of the hornady through 4 different guns on a hot-as-hell Louisiana sunday. The guns were a R&D remmy with a 20" barrel, a GAP surgeon with an 18.5" tight bore bartlein and surefire can, another 20" tight bore bartlein with a sandstorm can, and a 21" Noveski AR with an AAC can. Temp was 95F, humidity somewhere around 50%, heat index 105. Ammo and guns sitting in direct sunlight. All guns were also chrono's with BH 175gr which is our standard training ammo.

The R&D LTR was running about 2650 (a gain of about 200fps compared to BH). No problems or pressure signs. Very good SD and ES.

The Surgeon with surefire can ran 2750 (a gain of 200 fps compared to BH). No problems. Slight cratering of primers, but not flat. No sticky bolt lift. Good SD.

The Noveski with AAC was running 2800 or a hair over! Out of 10 rounds, it blew 2 primers. Test ended there.

We have 2 different lots....though we only used one on this test. I will have to look up which one we brought with us. I actually expected to have more pressure signs in such conditions and wasnt sure how the tight bore barrels would perform. The bolt guns did fine. The gas gun with can (big surprise) blew primers and had verticle stringing.

Will try to post some pics of brass when I get a day off.

Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The Noveski with AAC was running 2800 or a hair over! Out of 10 rounds, it blew 2 primers. Test ended there.

</div></div>

I wouldn't have had the balls to pull the trigger after the first blown primer. Kudos!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: froggy2229</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Close, just give us the bullets and let us load them... </div></div>
+1 on that...when are they going to be released?

To add some more data to this discussion of the superformance ammo...I fired my first box of Hornady 178gr. Superformance ammo last night. My box of 20 was from lot #3100508. I'm shooting a Remington 700 5R in .308. The results, as far as accuracy is concerned, were much less than satisfactory.

I always fire a box of Federal GMM 168gr along with whatever other box of ammo I'm testing to establish a baseline for how I'm shooting on that particular night (having eaten at different times before I go to the range, drank caffeine that day, etc. - any number of things that could affect my performance). Usually I fill up an ST-4 target with anywhere from 0.25" to 0.5" groups (five 3-round groups and one 5-round group) with FGMM. I interleave each shot in the group with a shot from the other ammunition under test (one shot of FGMM into it's ST-4 target, then one shot of, in this instance, Hornady into it's ST-4 target hung directly below the FGMM target at 100yds). After three shots, I move to a different point of aim on the ST-4's and shoot another group of 3 (or 5 if I'm on the last group from each box of ammo).

The results last night with the Hornady ammunition were disconcerting. My FGMM groups averaged somewhere between 0.25" and 0.5", but the Hornady produced groups ranging anywhere in size from 1.5" to 3". I did not see any overpressure signs on the spent cases, however.

It seems like these results are simply due to my rifle not being tuned properly for this load. I'm going to experiment with placing tension on the barrel at some point along the barrel channel (it's free-floated back to the action currently), and fiddling with the action screw torque to see if I can find a setting that makes these group better.

I'm new here and came across this thread. Just recently tried the hornady 178 bthp right after shooting some FGMM 168 and I had trouble extracting the cases on my Rem 700 LTR 308. The FGMM comes out nice and smooth but I had to really muscle the superformance out. I was not expecting this and not sure why this would be the case.
Thanks
Lot# 3100204

Shot 20 rounds yesterday along with 20 of BH 175, FGMM 175, M118LR and FGMM 168, on a new REM 700 SPS TAC AAC-SD. I had no problems but it was shooing a tad higher than the rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robot Doc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like they are hotter than advertised </div></div>

I sent 20 of them down range yesterday and wasn't impressed. I had a few out of the 20 that showed some decent bolt smear. More felt recoil too. Chronoed at 2825/24" (+ Eley brake) Benchmark SS .308 Match 1/11 in 95 degrees at over 7,000'
Lot #3100508. I only purchased 40 rounds to give them a try.
FGMM & Black Hills 175gr SMK's out of my rifle are 6.4mils up at 760 yards. The Hornady 178'S were 5.3mils up at 760.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone heard of a release date for the bullets? </div></div>

+1

Just for a update. My ammo is from lot#3100508. We shot some more out of a 12 twist. It shot 1/2 inch at 100 yds. It did great all day yesterday. As long as we didn't heat the gun up. Anything over 10 shot strings and we got bulging and then popped primers. It was also 100 degrees out.
This stuff is amazing at distance though. It really allows the none reloader to get close to .260 trajectory.