• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New hunting scope. S&B 3-21x50 exos

Jcaplinger199

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2019
Arlington, TX
I’ve searched a lot this forum quite a bit and read several threads.

Anybody have this scope with the LRH reticle?

I have a new hunting rifle. It’s a weatherby Mark v in their 6.5 rpm. This will be hunting primary and maybe some long range shooting in a non competition manner.

I’m looking for a short/ultra scope scope on the lighter side.

My other long range rifle has a ZCO527. For this rifle though I keep going back and forth on ffp and sfp. It will primarily be for hunting 400 yards or less and on some on occasion I will take to the range to shoot long distance but in a non competition setting so an exposed elevation turret is a must. I’ve considered kahles k318, leupold mk 5 3-18, S&b exos as title states and the new vortex razor LHT but I would prefer a bigger 50mm objective. Many have suggested a ZCO420 which I would love to get but concerned about the 4x low end for shots at 50-100 yards and usable reticle at that mag/distance. The 10 point I shot last season was at roughly 75 yards. This is also why I’m going back and forth between sfp and ffp as far having a usable recticle at low mag.

I was looking/hoping to see if anyone have experience with the S&B exos 3-21x50 with the LRH reticle or if there were any other suggestions I haven’t thought of.

Thx

I had the exos with the LRH reticle. At the same time had the 3-20 US with the msr2 and the new turrets. Turrets on the US were better although Jerry from S&b says it shouldn’t feel mushy. Thought it needed a new oring. I really like the LRH reticle. I kept the US with more adjustment. I also liked how you could turn the MTC off. Pretty nice. Great FOV at 3x. The reticle will work in dark timber with illumination.