• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors New HUXWRX Flow 762

Obi-WanKannoli

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2020
USA
Looks like huxwrx just announced there new follow on can to the Flow 556k

PEW Science already up:

Reactions: MediumSpeed
The pew science material is pretty interesting. The fact that this new can performs as well as a compatible titanium baffle cans on a bolt gun really makes it jack of all trades and maybe master of all. I’ll get a bunch of backlash by the oss haters, but this new cans performance and features are gonna get hard to dispute. The fact that they have it down to less than 12oz and it comes with the qd mount now, I’m not sure what people will have left to bitch about other than it not being free. I can’t wait for the reviews to come out. They sold out on silencershop in 24 hours. Very interested.

The pew science material is pretty interesting. The fact that this new can performs as well as a compatible titanium baffle cans on a bolt gun really makes it jack of all trades and maybe master of all. I’ll get a bunch of backlash by the oss haters, but this new cans performance and features are gonna get hard to dispute. The fact that they have it down to less than 12oz and it comes with the qd mount now, I’m not sure what people will have left to bitch about other than it not being free. I can’t wait for the reviews to come out. They sold out on silencershop in 24 hours. Very interested.
My main concern is the 100% Ti construction, without the blast chamber or baffles being made from a more durable material. I understand the challenges of only being able to use one material with 3D printing, and weight/cost as a penalty of making the entire 7.62 can out of 17-4 like the Flow 556k, it would no longer be 12 oz.

Passing the 6 SURGE cycles is awesome, but I wonder what "survived" means, like did it pass with zero baffle erosion, or was the inside totally beat to shit?

Reactions: Dave and b6graham
That's an interesting thought, although I would think part of the benefit of the 3d construction would be allowing for more material to be added to high stress/blast areas and lessening material in low stress areas. Also an interesting point on "survival" and erosion. No idea. But I'm guessing the term survived is just indicative of the high stress of the test and less about the ending integrity of the can itself.

I think the mid to long term future for 3D printed metals is multiple metal disposition. I'm pretty sure it can be done already.

Either combining two different sintered powders into a mixture (like Ti and Inco), or printing different materials in different areas where you want them. That would be like an Inco blast baffle and core with a Ti outer wall, similar to how traditional welded Ti cans are made now.

Reactions: 30calDeath
My main concern is the 100% Ti construction, without the blast chamber or baffles being made from a more durable material. I understand the challenges of only being able to use one material with 3D printing, and weight/cost as a penalty of making the entire 7.62 can out of 17-4 like the Flow 556k, it would no longer be 12 oz.

Passing the 6 SURGE cycles is awesome, but I wonder what "survived" means, like did it pass with zero baffle erosion, or was the inside totally beat to shit?
Wouldn't the muzzle device itself be the sacrificial blast chamber that takes a lot of the abuse?

Reactions: 30calDeath
I predict really poor performance when firing a 308 round through the Velos which is a 5.56 can. ;) Now if we wanted to compare against the Flow 556, that might be a different story. But Huxwrx is now on their third or fourth gen of flow through cans so my inclination would be the Huxwrx will be a better performer and is a good bit lighter with a simpler but extremely effective mounting system.

I really hate the ultra militarized police in ads. And ads for "hunting" always get a chuckle out of me too.

Will be interesting to see some at ear DB testing for ARs. The material surface looks shitty but that's a side effect of the 3D printing.

@1:16 in the video, it appears as it is installed with left handed threads.

Am I just seeing this incorrectly?

Oh, and what makes this suppressor "flatter shooting"?

Yes, they use lefty threads so your muzzle device will never come off while removing the suppressor. The angle of the gasses emitted from the end of the can also keep it locked on to the muzzle device. Hand tight and you're good to go. I do use a bit of high temp anti-seize but have never had an issue getting the suppressor off.

No idea on the flatter shooting other than you'll pick up about 50fps in velocity.

Oh, and what makes this suppressor "flatter shooting"?

Do they mean recoil reduction? I have the old HXQD and it doesn't brake, per se, but it is a comparatively slow recoil impulse. Unless that new end cap is more than just a flash hider.

Going to be purchasing one on Friday for my 9" Spear LT in 300blk, any reason not too? At first I thought it was an awful looking can and now I'm in love.
How are yall liking yours? Worth it?

Anyone get hands on with this yet? I've got one coming, can't wait to try it.
Got mine on Wednesday, haven't had a chance to use it yet but going to the range tomorrow come hell or high water. Will be "testing" it against the HXQD762Ti as well as a Diligent Defense Enticer S Ti on a number of different hosts, gas guns and bolt, 308, 556 and 300 blackout.

Have one and just took it to the range today.

Cons
A lot of flash due to it being titanium and having a lot of residue left over inside the can from the manufacturing process. Huxwrx said this would clear out in 300 rounds or so.
The more you shoot, the tighter it gets on the mount. You will have to use the included wrench to take it off.

Pros.
Pretty good decibel reduction at the shooters ear. And I’m shooting a 10.5 5.56.
Pretty much eliminates any gas blowback. This is the most important thing. I don’t want excess gas in my eyes or weapons malfunctions due to excess gas/bolt carrier speed.

Overall, I really like this can a lot and I currently own 9 cans. It’s lightweight, tough, and does a good job on sound suppression. Can’t speak to flash suppression as it’s still sparking like crazy but hopefully that should clear up soon.

I made it out to the range as well to test it and the new Garmin Xero.

Testing it against the older HXQD762Ti, the greatest difference in perceived noise level was with 300 subs and 5.56. I tested two 5.56 hosts, a 12.5" and a 16" barrel. With 5.56, I could hear the bullet ripping through the air with the Flow and not with the older model. More noise was being mitigated with the Flow and it was pretty darn quiet on the SBR and even more so on the 16". It's like the Flow removed a layer of noise and you could hear the fine details. Best way I can explain it.

For 300 Blackout, there was a noticeable difference with subs and less so with supers and I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between them. I also tested the Flow against the Diligent Defense Enticer S Ti which is a standard baffle design, subs only. The Enticer had a slightly deeper tone but overall wasn't much quieter than the Flow. Really splitting hairs as unscientific as it is. I went back and forth a few times which is a pain as Hux's HUB mount isn't out yet so I had to go between direct thread and the Hux muzzle device. I didn't test supers between those two.

There was less of a difference with a DI .308 gas gun but the Flow was seemingly a hair quieter than the HXQD, again splitting hairs and I was using active ear pro with the sound on one. Zero POI shift between the two which was interesting. I was maybe expecting more of a difference but it could have a lot to do with how much of a change is needed to detect differences. I probably should have turned the ambient noise completely off on my ear pro. I suspect that had a lot to do with equalizing volume.

The one thing I did not get a chance to test was on the 20" bolt gun in .308. Just ran out of time. I may try to do that tomorrow if I'm able.

Overall I was pretty impressed especially with 5.56. Feels super light vs. the older model which has the heft to club baby seals to death. Ok an exaggeration but for some reason, the Flow just feels airy in comparison. It seems to cool down fairly quickly too.

I didn't notice any sparks/flashing but it's Texas and it was sunny out today. Zero issues with any of the gas gun functions and no changes necessary as usual. I didn't have any issues with gas but I was at an outdoor range and there was a bit of a breeze. I think I put about 150 rounds through it in total today.

Overall I'm pretty damn happy with it but will reserve final judgement until I test it on the bolt gun.

Interesting to hear how 300 subs did. The flow through design is supposed to not work well on those. I've got a long wait for mine, thanks for sharing your experience.

I was pleasantly surprised to be honest. I was really expecting the standard baffle design suppressor to be much, much quieter but I really only noticed a slight tone difference between them. This was with amplified/active hearing protection, volume turned to 1, lowest setting. You can hear people speaking well enough at that setting. I may try turning the volume all the way off and redo the experiment. Sounds counter intuitive but I want to make sure the earbuds aren't leveling everything out electronically.

I was pleasantly surprised to be honest. I was really expecting the standard baffle design suppressor to be much, much quieter but I really only noticed a slight tone difference between them. This was with amplified/active hearing protection, volume turned to 1, lowest setting. You can hear people speaking well enough at that setting. I may try turning the volume all the way off and redo the experiment. Sounds counter intuitive but I want to make sure the earbuds aren't leveling everything out electronically.
Anymore outings with the 300 subs? Trying to decide between running my Nomad or the 762ti on my 300 blackout. Thanks!