• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NEW IOR scope models have arrived

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

A 6-24x56 FFP MOA with a new MOA-X reticle and enhanced reticle travel has arrived, as well as the anticipated 3-18x42 FFP SH with added digital illumination and new SH-X1 MRAD reticle!!

I don't have the photo-hosting thing so I posted pics I received from Scott @ IOR on my blog along with some other details.

LO Blog

These scopes will be added to the website today. Keep in mind, since their introduction 18 months ago the "Gen 4" IOR scopes have been 100% reliable to date, and track perfectly!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Scott

Re: NEW IOR scope models have arrived

Those new reticles look pretty nice! Are the 3-18 models considered Gen 4 still or are these Gen 5's?

Thanks Scott!

Mike

Heard a Rumbling about a new IOR scope with Fluorite scope lenses. I hope the spelling is correct.

In other news, that 4x16-50 30mm tube looks pretty interesting!

Have a good one Scott,
Gary

Nice looking scope. I have had good luck with the 3rd gen, so I imagine these are even better. Thanks for the information Scott!

Scott, I emailed you a while back about the 4-16 and at the time you didn't have too much info regarding it. Still interested, any new info such as specs, price, still looking like its coming in August?

Flyingbullseye

Im waiting on the 4-16 to come out also. Had the money for the premier but you all know the rest of the story. If I buy IOR it will be from Scott, he has done everything right in my eyes. Keep it up.

Chris

Scott, my gen 4 is doing great the new mrad reticle looks good. Thanks for great service and a quality product.

I am not a MOA/MOA guy, so that is not my cup of tea.

I am not convinced I like the new mil reticle, but it is an interesting design and probably worth looking at at some point. I am kinda split on that one. I do like the addition of the illuminated center dot to the 3-18x42FFP. It is a versatile design to start with and the illuminated dot makes it even better.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not a MOA/MOA guy, so that is not my cup of tea.

I am not convinced I like the new mil reticle, but it is an interesting design and probably worth looking at at some point. I am kinda split on that one. I do like the addition of the illuminated center dot to the 3-18x42FFP. It is a versatile design to start with and the illuminated dot makes it even better.

ILya </div></div>

Gee Ilya, I'm not exactly feeling the love here.....

I think the new MIL reticle took the MP8-A5 and simply expanded it vertically and horizontally and added the extra windage holdovers. As for the MOA reticle, aside from the preference for the subtensions, I do like the wide spacing and clean look to it. Like left-handers, about 10% of our customers are hard core MOA guys..IOR has added MOA scopes in the 3-18x42, 3.5-18x50, and the benchrest 36x42 scopes. With the upcoming new models they will have something for just about anybody.

As for the other models, yes guys, by the end of August all the rest of the lineup should be here

Scott

These look great, Scott. I need to work out a time when we can get together. I'd really like to get my hands on one of these and check out the glass.

I'm in Columbia Falls off of Route 2. Across the street and right underneath the landing pattern for the airport.

I also drive a lot to Spokane so I pass by the turnoff to you every trip. Not sure what hours of the week/weekend you are available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not a MOA/MOA guy, so that is not my cup of tea.

ILya </div></div>

Gee Ilya, I'm not exactly feeling the love here.....

I think the new MIL reticle took the MP8-A5 and simply expanded it vertically and horizontally and added the extra windage holdovers. As for the MOA reticle, aside from the preference for the subtensions, I do like the wide spacing and clean look to it. Like left-handers, about 10% of our customers are hard core MOA guys..IOR has added MOA scopes in the 3-18x42, 3.5-18x50, and the benchrest 36x42 scopes. With the upcoming new models they will have something for just about anybody.

As for the other models, yes guys, by the end of August all the rest of the lineup should be here

Scott

</div></div>

Hmm. That was not my intent at all. I am a big fan of the 3-18x42FFP. Heck, I think I took delivery of one of the first five of those you received and I like the idea of it getting illumination.

While the new 3.5-18x50 is probably a superior scope, in some ways I actually prefer the 3-18x42 simply because it is considerably smaller and a fair bit lighter. Now that it has illumination, it becomes and even more attractive option.

As far as the new reticle goes, I am simply not sure whether I am going to like it or not. I am facing the same situation with Vortex Razor. I just got done testing the new scope with EBR-2B reticle, and I think I actually like the original EBR-2 more. The dots in the new one are a little more intrusive than I like.

With the new IOR mil reticle, I simply do not know how I am going to like it compared to the original A5 reticle. By the way, is the illuminated dot only available with the new reticle?

ILya

Bought a gen gen 4 3.5-18x50 from Scott late last year. Has been solid. But must say at these new prices for IOR I think I would have gone a different route.

Scott does this new MOA/MOA IOR 6-24 still have the tunnell vision for 6-9x?

Would I be better with the Razor or this new IOR?(Now that they are the same price and Vortex has fixed the eye relief problem.?

Would appreciate your input as you were very helpful on my last two purchases from you, and I need another long range scope within the next month.

Personally Ilya has been an advocate of IOR and often uses them as the benchmark, when everyone else thinks nightforce.

The prices seem to not have changed? $1549 for the 3-18x42 is what its been for a year or so?

Amazing value in my eyes, I will be trying the 4-16 as soon as it comes out, will be a good complement to the SS 5-20, hopefully it comes with a zero stop!

Chris

Crnkin, the prices are changed. $1895.00 for the new 3-18x42 snd 1995.00 for the new 6-24x56. The 3.5-18x50 also went up.

Yes, iam an IOR fan just wondering if they are still a "bargain" scope at the new prices.

http://libertyoptics.com/index1.html

I see where your coming from, but...

The new models cost more than the old models as the features are better/improved.

Personally I'm not looking for a 'bargain' per se, but I am looking for all of my desired features in a scope I can afford. Sort of the same thing, but not quite.

I don't know who else makes a 6-24, FFP, matched reticle and turrets, digital illum, zero stop, euro glass, top notch design rifle scope for $1995 MAP with rings.

Actually, I cant think of any matching reticle and turrets FFP euro glassed scope for less, let alone the other features which are just as important (to me)

As much as I'm not looking for one, I personally believe IOR to be a bargain brand.

Just hurry up with the 4-16!

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just hurry up with the 4-16! </div></div>

+1! I ordered the new SS 5-20 but depending how good these new 4-16's are and when they arrive I just might go with IOR instead. Hey Scott, light a fire under IOR and get these things out!
grin.gif

Flyingullseye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Keep in mind, since their introduction 18 months ago the "Gen 4" IOR scopes have been 100% reliable to date, and track perfectly!

</div></div>What is their record with the big magnums like the .338 Lapua?
I am in need of a scope for my .338, but I am concerned about the ability of the IOR to handle that much recoil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Shottist</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Keep in mind, since their introduction 18 months ago the "Gen 4" IOR scopes have been 100% reliable to date, and track perfectly!

I am in need of a scope for my .338, but I am concerned about the ability of the IOR to handle that much recoil. </div></div> I've fired a couple rounds from a AI .338LM that had a 6-24x56 on it, also shot one round and saw 11 others fired from a TAC-50 with a 3.5-18x50.

Both those scopes still work with no problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg264</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the weight of the 6x24? </div></div> says 36 ounces on libertyoptics.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Shottist</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Keep in mind, since their introduction 18 months ago the "Gen 4" IOR scopes have been 100% reliable to date, and track perfectly!

I am in need of a scope for my .338, but I am concerned about the ability of the IOR to handle that much recoil.</div></div>

The reliability is across all calibers.

338 Lapua can recoil less than a 243, or more than a 50, so its fairly subjective depending on weight and design.

You will have no problem on a 338L.

Chris

Crnkin,

Thanks for the helpful posts. The IOR does indeed offer a lot of features for the money.

As for holding up, we had a local guy who got 76 rounds of .338 LM fired when he developed some "trash" sticking to his lenses, I believe Ilya had the same thing happen, this has been an on-again, off again problem with IOR but just a couple scope and zero mechanical failures of any sort.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crnkin,

Thanks for the helpful posts. The IOR does indeed offer a lot of features for the money.

As for holding up, we had a local guy who got 76 rounds of .338 LM fired when he developed some "trash" sticking to his lenses, I believe Ilya had the same thing happen, this has been an on-again, off again problem with IOR but just a couple scope and zero mechanical failures of any sort.

Scott
</div></div>

I had that happen (internal debri in the eyepiece) with the 3.5-18x50 on my 338LM, although the rest of the scope functioned fine. The 6-24x56 survived my 338LM without any problems as has my 1st Gen 3-18x42. Multiple people predicted that the 338 is going to kill the 1st Gen 3-18x42FFP within the first few rounds, but to my continuous amazement (1st gen batch has well quantified problems) it is still ticking and that scope has been on a 223Rem to the tune of a couple of hundred rifles, 308Win for a bit over 100 rounds, 6.5Grendel with about 300 rounds down the pipe and 338LM for 150 rounds or so (I think; I would need to look at my notes for detailed numbers).

Scott, will the original reticle be available in the 3-18x42 with the illuminated dot? or only the new one?

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see where your coming from, but...

The new models cost more than the old models as the features are better/improved.

Personally I'm not looking for a 'bargain' per se, but I am looking for all of my desired features in a scope I can afford. Sort of the same thing, but not quite.

I don't know who else makes a 6-24, FFP, matched reticle and turrets, digital illum, zero stop, euro glass, top notch design rifle scope for $1995 MAP with rings.

Actually, I cant think of any matching reticle and turrets FFP euro glassed scope for less, let alone the other features which are just as important (to me)

As much as I'm not looking for one, I personally believe IOR to be a bargain brand.

Just hurry up with the 4-16!

Chris </div></div>

I agree with you.I'm still satisfied with my 6-24x56.I had it on a 30 cal magnum for a year testing duability and recently mounted it on my mainstay tactical comp rifle.Having the image quality at 24X has been a great help for load development at 200-300Y.One of the other things I appreciate lately is the click and line spacing on the turrets.Just right for a 10 mil knob.The HS knobs on my NF are more tactile but very close together.If I had my young eyes again I'd probably prefer the NF knobs but the IOR knobs are easier for me to "not" make a mistake with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Scott, will the original reticle be available in the 3-18x42 with the illuminated dot? or only the new one?

ILya </div></div>

Ilya, good question. The new reticle now for sure, I'll see if there is any plans to use the MP8-A5 in the illuminated model.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

ILya </div></div>

Ilya, good question. The new reticle now for sure, I'll see if there is any plans to use the MP8-A5 in the illuminated model.

Scott</div></div>

While we are at it...

Have there been any internal changes to the 3-18x42 other than the illumination? Specifically, I am wondering about the eyepiece, since the new one (on the 3.5-18x50 and 6-24x56) is so good.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ilya,

Looks roughly the same, but they claim another inch of eye relief. Verification time!

Here's a link:

New IOR 3-18x42 FFP illuminated </div></div>

Interesting. It looks very similar to the original eyepiece. Let me know whether it appears any different.

By the way, the FOV numbers are a typo of some sort. High magnification FOV is correct, but low magnification FOV is off almost by a factor of two.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Shottist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the 9-36 x 56?

Are they gen 4 or gen 3?

Do you have those in stock? </div></div>

Yes, ready to ship.

These are an older model scope, I would not say Gen 4. The term really does not apply to the older scopes

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Shottist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the 9-36 x 56?

Are they gen 4 or gen 3?

Yes, ready to ship.

These are an older model scope, I would not say Gen 4. The term really does not apply to the older scopes

Scott </div></div>What is their track record with the magnums?
Any concerns or problems with heavy recoil?

Send me a price please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Shottist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the 9-36 x 56?

Are they gen 4 or gen 3?

If I were you I'd get either the 3.5-18 FFP IOR or Vortex Razor 5-20 liberty has both I think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just hurry up with the 4-16! </div></div>

+1! I ordered the new SS 5-20 but depending how good these new 4-16's are and when they arrive I just might go with IOR instead. Hey Scott, light a fire under IOR and get these things out!
grin.gif

Flyingullseye </div></div>

I thought it was going to be an FFP version of the 4.5-14...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I thought it was going to be an FFP version of the 4.5-14... </div></div>

Could be, Scott so far has been a little light on the information about the 4-16. Care to share anything Scott? Please?!

Flyingbullseye

The 4-16x50 FFP will be a Gen 4 scope with digital illumination and the new enhanced reticle. We are selling the very first one in existence in the Optics for Sale section for $1450 Not sure what the price will be after this but that scope is not just a 4-14x50 in FFP; it's an all new and better scope

The Shottist,

I am not afraid of saying that the 9-36x56 has issues with hard kicking guns; it certainly can and your satisfaction and education is worth more than any sale

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 4-16x50 FFP will be a Gen 4 scope with digital illumination and the new enhanced reticle. We are selling the very first one in existence in the Optics for Sale section for $1450 Not sure what the price will be after this but that scope is not just a 4-14x50 in FFP; it's an all new and better scope

</div></div>

Any indication when the 4-16 will be released?

Flyingbullseye

The 4-16x50 just landed. Thanks Scott.