• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New IR hunter MKII cheapest 640x480 clip-on ever?

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    NEW IR Hunter MK II - AR15.COM

Makes you wonder what the original will drop to?

Our new IR HUNTER MK II is a breakthrough in the 640 category at the lowest priced 640 system ever at $5,495.00 and made to the same quality as the IR HUNTER. Externally the new sight is identical to the existing IR HUNTER with the following improvements.

1. Sensor is a 640x480 MicroIR BAE 12um thermal engine

2. 12um Micron mean all existing lenses have a 35% increase in magnification over 17um Micron sensors

3. 40% power savings for longer battery life

4. Battery cap has been moved forward for easier removal and installation

5. 60hz frame rate in a 640 weapon sight – yes 60hz. We also have a selectable 30hz mode for power saving, the 60hz takes more juice to run.

6. 640x480 VGA Emagin OLED for an extra sharp image.

7. The display size has been reduced by 20% to make it ideal for both dedicated and clip-on operations.

8. CLIP-ON – the sight will work with a bunch of 1x and variable 1-4x, 1-6x day optics. It works as is with no changes and no need for an accessory. It will work perfect out of the box using the feature in the system to sight it in.

9. Image capture is improved and now will show the reticles in the images and it saves more images as well.

http://www.ultimatenightvision.com/IR-Hunter-MK-II-2-20X-p/irhm2-640-35.htm

Last edited:
    Ah, and your in clarksdale. That's only 3 hrs from me. If one of us gets one we'll have to meet up. Lol. It looks very promising

Definitely. I'm in the process of securing a suppressor at the moment. After i get the Archangel out of the way and an AEM5, i'll probably start saving for a PVS-14. Was hoping that since we're actually seeing hog damage this year dad might split the cost with me for the thermal. I just landed (IMO) a very decent job in starkville compared to what i was making, which is helping me generate some serious spending money monthly, for me at least. But he and a couple of other farmers are using the big propane air guns to deter the hogs. I figured hogs are smart enough to not care after a while though i'm not positive. Figure like most animals they hate the noise. Either way i know simply scaring hogs isn't enough, they need to be thinned out. The only thing that really saved the hunting clubs behind the levee from hogs was the flood in 2010 figure it got most of them.

I'm thinking if i can get it out and he sees how much fun it is he'd say the hell with it, less spend it. Plus he could always get his money back i'd buy it out from him down the road. My friends think i'm nuts, and sure maybe a little off the wall. I see it this way, i'm 23 and am just working and studying to get into med school. Outside of that i have some serious free time. Of which i want to thoroughly enjoy. Other than my first year summer of med school there will be no "time off" it's going to be constant stress and ridiculous work. Taking out loans either way i go, i don't see what a couple of grand is going to hurt considering i will use these things for years to come, likely a life time. That and resale value is likely good.

sure would be nice if some vendors would show more footage and or video of hunting or kill shots with this unit. There is very little video footage out there on this thermal. Without any videos to hype this unit up, seems like a lot of folks are riding the fence like me with this unit.