• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New kahles 525

Mike did a quick comparison with the K525i vs. the K624i at 12x and to match up the FOV between the two, the K525i needed to be dialed back to high ten low 11x.

My experience is on par with Mike's finding, I ran the AMG between 15-17 and I find myself between 12-15 on the K525.

Interested to see it myself. Honestly and this is just me but it could be a major complaint of mine. Eyebox sensitivity and FOV are kind of paramount for optical instruments. The Mark 5 is the most recent optic i've used with comparable FOV and also a somewhat tight or unforgiving eyebox i didn't mind it that much but it was noticeable. What's strange to me is that the Gen II razor gets those two things very right, yet remains in a short compact package. Yes the weight is 1lb more, but on a design standpoint it's impressive. All done with a 6x erector as well.

I only have one full day range trip with it so I do not know if FOV/Eyebox is going to be a issue yet or something I will grow into.

Tested it this weekend during a match, worked just fine. Didn't notice the tighter fov or the eyebox. Was at 4'th place after the first day and ended up at 13'th after fucking up one stage. Only thing i can complain about is the placement of the parallax adjustment, probably just need to get used to it, does no good turning the light switch...

This one is going to stay on my comp rifle.

How'd it compare to the BEAST?

Haven't compared them side to side yet, but so far i like the reticle a lot better in the kahles, the MSR2 is just awesome. as it sits right now i like the kahles better.

Probably throw the beast on my next build(trainer), or my ELR rifle once it's done. Going to send it in and get the reticle changed to h59 or Tremor3 too.

I was gonna pick up a 5x25 this week but the whole FOV thing has me backing off. That's a huge issue for me. I'll wait until I can spend some time behind one.

I hate feeling like I'm looking through a straw. That's why I love my Hensoldt ........that POW factor never gets old.

What barrel contour? Can we see gaps between obj and barrel?
Tnx

There will be plenty of room to the barrel, I run a medium Palma and there is 1/4” of room there no problem. The clearance I was referring to was in regard to the bottom of the erector to the top of the mount, there is only 1/2 millimeter or so to spare between the two.

I have done a lot of comparing the 525 skmr3 to my ZP5 MR4 over the last 3 weeks and although I’m giving the nod to my 525, I won’t be trading the ZP5 for one that’s for sure.

I have done a lot of comparing the 525 skmr3 to my ZP5 MR4 over the last 3 weeks and although I’m giving the nod to my 525, I won’t be trading the ZP5 for one that’s for sure.

Can you provide a more detailed comparison? I've got a ZP5 and a K624i, and feel that the 624 has better turrets, a more forgiving eyebox and better illumination while the ZP5 has a better form factor and glass (although not that much better). I'm trying to decide on whether to get another ZP5 or the K525.

Can you provide a more detailed comparison? I've got a ZP5 and a K624i, and feel that the 624 has better turrets, a more forgiving eyebox and better illumination while the ZP5 has a better form factor and glass (although not that much better). I'm trying to decide on whether to get another ZP5 or the K525.

Wondering the same. Gives nod to k525 but not enough to warrant a trade? Eyebox and FOV the issue?

I too am wondering about 525 as well. I am looking at going to one from a AMG.

Jeffd

I am switching from MOA to MIL and I think the 5-25 may just be a little better than the 6-25.

Reactions: Jeffd

Better illumination???

So you really meant to say brighter illumination, not better. Because the Kahles illumination control is substandard.

So you really meant to say brighter illumination, not better. Because the Kahles illumination control is substandard.
Control preference is subjective and irrelevant if the illumination is not useful like the Minox. So, it would be more accurate to say that Kahles' illumination is more useful/versatile.

Bought a 525i from Sport Optics for my 6.5 SAUM a couple weeks back. Really put it through it's paces today at the range. Not a single hiccup. Great scope - great glass (evry bit as good to my eyes as my S&B's), great turrets, and useful reticle. I have the SKMR3. Only oversight is no scope cap covers. A miss at this price point but not a deal breaker. If you're considering one I highly recommend pulling the trigger.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
I’m definitely wanting one of each, 3-18 and 5-25! I’ve got a Gen 1 624i and Gen 3 624i along with a couple NF ATACR 5-25x56. I’ve got a couple other scopes that are going to be thinned from the herd so I can get at least one of the new Khales scopes. I need to find the best place for the best price and get one. My last came from CS Tactical.

Reactions: CSTactical
Control preference is subjective and irrelevant if the illumination is not useful like the Minox. So, it would be more accurate to say that Kahles' illumination is more useful/versatile.

Why would you need a daylight bright reticle? In what circumstance would you want, let alone need a daylight bright reticle?

Close range on low mag for a pop up shot. Using it kind a like a red dot more than precision.

Reactions: northern50
Close range on low mag for a pop up shot. Using it kind a like a red dot more than precision.

Ummmmm.....what do you consider close range?

Does your reticle become invisible at close range in the daytime? Still wondering why it needs to be daylight bright.

Any thing under 100 yards. Say your out hunting and a coyote or other animal surprises you and you have the rifle ready instead of switching to your side arm you can bring the rifle up and take the shoot. Many different applications just have to think out side of the box.

Reactions: kujuak
Just because you have a precision rifle and scope and it is set up for long range doesn't mean you can't use it for some thing else. Now it may not be as fast or it may not be the best weapon for the job but if you need it and its there use it. Learn to do many different things and techniques with the rifle. Don't limit your self.

Sorry guys I got off topic, I really am looking at getting the Kahles k525i. I have the AMG and USO but from what a lot of people are telling me about the scope I am willing to sell Both and get one. So all the information I have seen has been very helpful.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
Why would you need a daylight bright reticle? In what circumstance would you want, let alone need a daylight bright reticle?

When a target/animal is in the shadows on sunny day, or when on low mag in bright sunlight.

Last edited:
Wonder if anyone else got off the K525i band wagon due to the final announcement of the new Tangent Theta reticle?I decided to wait and see what all the chatter is about with the Tangent Theta scopes. Have two Kahles K624i and am really happy with them and just couldn't convince myself there was enough difference to to buy the new version. That's my story and I'm sticking to it:D

Wonder if anyone else got off the K525i band wagon due to the final announcement of the new Tangent Theta reticle?I decided to wait and see what all the chatter is about with the Tangent Thetascopes. Have two Kahles K624i and am really happy with them and just couldn't convince myself there was enough difference to to buy the new version. That's my story and I'm sticking to it:D
Around 1500 price diff..is TT 1500 better? For me...NOP
By the way i dont like the gen3xr ret..it confuses me

Reactions: jonthomps
Didn't even realize there was a Gen3XR until now. Confuses me as well. I've never lookked through a TT but seems those that have act like the K525 goes toe to toe with it and the ZP5 until max mag where it drops off a tad. That said Kahles has one of if not the most popular reticles in the game. The latter is pretty much the reason i went Kahles. While i like the additional precision from the MR4 the simplistic and minimalistic nature of the SKMR3 is just a joy to use for holdovers. There is little obscurity even with smaller targets on that reticle. Though something tells me a SKMR4 is coming with the addition of more 2/10th hashes.

Didn't even realize there was a Gen3XR until now. Confuses me as well. I've never lookked through a TT but seems those that have act like the K525 goes toe to toe with it and the ZP5 until max mag where it drops off a tad. That said Kahles has one of if not the most popular reticles in the game. The latter is pretty much the reason i went Kahles. While i like the additional precision from the MR4 the simplistic and minimalistic nature of the SKMR3 is just a joy to use for holdovers. There is little obscurity even with smaller targets on that reticle. Though something tells me a SKMR4 is coming with the addition of more 2/10th hashes.
I actually like the Gen 3 XR but I don't think it's worth $1500 more than my Minox ZP5 and I prefer the MP4 over the SKMR3 (I have both) because I like the Christmas tree dots vs. solid stadia lines. But reticle choice is largely personal preference. What's awesome is that with the K525i, ZC527, TT, ZP5 and so many more options to choose from, I think there is truly something for everybody out there today. What more could we want, maybe if Schmidt made a 4-36x56 with a Christmas tree version of the LRR-Mil??? ;) But back to the Kahles, while I don't have a need for the K525i, I am loving the K318i and can't wait to get my hands on the ZC420 to see how it compares...

Reactions: 5RWill
I actually like the Gen 3 XR but I don't think it's worth $1500 more than my Minox ZP5 and I prefer the MP4 over the SKMR3 (I have both) because I like the Christmas tree dots vs. solid stadia lines. But reticle choice is largely personal preference. What's awesome is that with the K525i, ZC527, TT, ZP5 and so many more options to choose from, I think there is truly something for everybody out there today. What more could we want, maybe if Schmidt made a 4-36x56 with a Christmas tree version of the LRR-Mil??? ;) But back to the Kahles, while I don't have a need for the K525i, I am loving the K318i and can't wait to get my hands on the ZC420 to see how it compares...

Glad to hear you're loving it Bill. Still awaiting a writeup.

I was going for the Minox, but ended up with the K525i.

Strangely, because 97% of the time I dial for E but hold for wind. Then I am often practicing with others using 6mmS and my scope become a spotter.

I like the .2 windage and completely uncluttered glass of the reticle I choose.

FYI I have RazorHD, PSD, USO, S&B, Atacr, Tremor 2, G2, 59 etc.. just starting to find that simplifying the reticle makes spotting on scope much easier for low energy projectiles.

Reactions: bjay
Wonder if anyone else got off the K525i band wagon due to the final announcement of the new Tangent Theta reticle?I decided to wait and see what all the chatter is about with the Tangent Theta scopes. Have two Kahles K624i and am really happy with them and just couldn't convince myself there was enough difference to to buy the new version. That's my story and I'm sticking to it:D

After hearing the GEN3 XR was released I called and got a couple quotes for the TT525. I just cant justify $1K + for something that is only slightly better. I have a couple hundred rounds through the K525 and god only knows how many dry firings and I can say that the initial complaints I had are no more. I think that because this is the shortest scope, with greater than 24 power, I have owned to date, I had to set it up differently, once I made those adjustments it has been gravy.

Reactions: Dendro
The gen3 kahles is awesome if it wasn't for 16 mil per turn I would keep it. During matches I tend to get lost when making quick elevation changes. 10 mils is plenty for me on each revolution, so I will stick with the gen 2 razor or the new mark5 from leupold. If someones looking for a Kahles 525 with RSW and SKMR3 let me know I got mine listed for sale

Glad to hear you're loving it Bill. Still awaiting a writeup.
Coming, but I am wrapping up my Tract Toric review and then have my $1k review to do and then I will do the K318i, by that time I'm hoping to also have a ZC420 because I really want to compare those two together... the K318i and ZC420

Reactions: 5RWill
the initial complaints I had are no more. I think that because this is the shortest scope, with greater than 24 power, I have owned to date, I had to set it up differently, once I made those adjustments it has been gravy.

Can you shed some light on how you set it up differently?

I just slapped mine on, ran the parallax to infinity, zoom to 25 then sharpened the ocular like I do on all my scopes. Maybe I missed something but it seemed normal to me.

Last edited:
I’m definitely wanting one of each, 3-18 and 5-25! I’ve got a Gen 1 624i and Gen 3 624i along with a couple NF ATACR 5-25x56. I’ve got a couple other scopes that are going to be thinned from the herd so I can get at least one of the new Khales scopes. I need to find the best place for the best price and get one. My last came from CS Tactical.

I think you answered your own question :cool: Give us a call and we'll be happy to set you up again.

Can you ahead some light on how you set it up differently?

I just slapped mine on, ran the parallax to infinity, zoom to 25 then sharpened the ocular like I do on all my scopes. Maybe I missed something but it seemed normal to me.

I was talking about scope position. Yes, setting the diopter was standard (Set to Max Power, Parallax set to Infinity, Point it at a light solid background, Start from the diopter all the way into the occular and rotate out). Every scope that has been on this rifle (T5Xi, AMG) the eyepiece was right in from of the bolt handle when the bolt was in the open position. I had the move the K525 back a spot or 2 on the rail so that the eyepiece is flush with the end of the bolt handle in the open position.

I was running Spuhrs on the other optics so 1.181" height. Right now I am running ARC M10's so 1.10" height. I figured I have to come down a little on the cheek piece to compensate, but I actually had to come up some.

Last edited:
I was talking about scope position. Yes, setting the diopter was standard (Set to Max Power, Parallax set to Infinity, Point it at a light solid background, Start from the diopter all the way into the occular and rotate out). Every scope that has been on this rifle (T5Xi, AMG) the eyepiece was right in from of the bolt handle when the bolt was in the open position. I had the move the K525 back a spot or 2 on the rail so that the eyepiece is flush with the end of the bolt handle in the open position.

I was running Spuhrs on the other optics so 1.181" height. Right now I am running ARC M10's so 1.10" height. I figured I have to come down a little on the cheek piece to compensate, but I actually had to come up some.
:) Thanks. Got it.

I can't find the "humbler" thread anymore. Would love to see how the new Kahles scopes fare there.

That got lost in the transition back from Scout. I dont think KillSwitch is still testing them with the Humbler
I think you're right blb, KSE stopped doing those soon after the migration to the "new/old" Hide, you can still find his youtube videos on the original scopes he tested, but the thread has been lost to the ether...

I am running the Vortex Defender Flip Caps and the E-10 and O-56 work well on the K525
I have the same on mine. But the objective is a bit funky it moves around a bit and has to be centered again sometimes to get the cap to stay closed. I ordered the ADD mounts but have yet to hear back on their eta

I have the same on mine. But the objective is a bit funky it moves around a bit and has to be centered again sometimes to get the cap to stay closed. I ordered the ADD mounts but have yet to hear back on their eta

Yeah the Objective hard plastic is a bit too big, but its not really an issue as the stretchable plastic part fits snug. If its really a big issue you could throw some electrical tape around the objective and then put the cap on. I have just had the defenders before and liked them for $40 vs $100 for the ADD...

Reactions: Diver160651
Yeah the Objective hard plastic is a bit too big, but its not really an issue as the stretchable plastic part fits snug. If its really a big issue you could throw some electrical tape around the objective and then put the cap on. I have just had the defenders before and liked them for $40 vs $100 for the ADD...

I like the vortex on my hunting rifle more because it you make a mistake and do not "catch" the ADDs before they bang open with super load clank on the scope body.

I'll try the tape, the caps are on the short sun shade anyway so I can wrap it with having to unmount and rezero

With the big ocular, can you clearly see integrated bubble while on shooting position witout breaking cheekweld?

Trying to revive this... I have a 525i on the way and curious which spuhr Mount (or other mounts/rings) has worked best for folks with an open fore end stock/chassis.