• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New kahles 525

I emailed Euro about my preorder they're expecting more this week as the Austrians just got off holiday as mentioned above.

Reactions: darth_ritis
Specifically looking for 10644 (k525i SKMR3 RSW) which is not in stock at SportOptics or EuroOptic or CSTactical or MileHigh Shooting or CameraLandNY or Brownells or Midway or Scheels ... not even WalMart! ;-)

When Kahles introduced the Left Side Windage, I didn't expect the traditional windage would be so hard to find. My bad.

We should be able to get you one in early September :)

Reactions: darth_ritis
Only left side windage at sport optics I’m waiting for the right side as well. Harder to sell a used scope with the left side windage. Oh yeah and thanks to MPA and Nucleus, I don’t need my scope anytime soon anyway ?

Last edited:
... not even WalMart! ;-)

When Kahles introduced the Left Side Windage, I didn't expect the traditional windage would be so hard to find. My bad.

Now if Walmart would start carrying Kahles, I'd shop there even more ;)

It is strange that the LSW's seem to be coming in regularly but the RSW's don't seem to have made an appearance yet???

Now if Walmart would start carrying Kahles, I'd shop there even more ;)

It is strange that the LSW's seem to be coming in regularly but the RSW's don't seem to have made an appearance yet???
I think they did show up, but sold out on the preorders. More will be coming in soon I’m sure.

The LSW option has no appeal for me - after a lifetime of reaching for the right knob to make windage adjustments, swapping sides would be more of a liability under the stress of limited time during a match than any perceived advantage. Part of that is because I also shoot prone high power matches, and there's no way to use your left hand (right hand shooter) to make a windage adjustment while you're slung-up. I can see the advantage if you're a left-handed shooter, but it's not for me. Waiting to see some of the RSW K525i scopes with AMR or SKMR3 reticles listed as available before I get enthused about these new scopes.

The LSW option has no appeal for me - after a lifetime of reaching for the right knob to make windage adjustments, swapping sides would be more of a liability under the stress of limited time during a match than any perceived advantage. Part of that is because I also shoot prone high power matches, and there's no way to use your left hand (right hand shooter) to make a windage adjustment while you're slung-up. I can see the advantage if you're a left-handed shooter, but it's not for me. Waiting to see some of the RSW K525i scopes with AMR or SKMR3 reticles listed as available before I get enthused about these new scopes.
Get on the preorder list at SportOptics.

I've still got three Kahles K624i AMR scopes - one Gen 2, couple of Gen 3s on my Bighorns. Still very pleased with all three of them. One of these days, someone will show up at a match with a new K525 on their rifle, and when they do, I'll ask to take a look at & through it. Until then, will just keep shooting with the Kahles scopes I've grown to appreciate so much. It's going to be hard to beat the eyebox, turrets, & optical quality of the good old K624i - I've never been bothered by whatever amount of CA these scopes have, nor have I ever had any mechanical issues with any of the seven of these scopes I've owned.

Looks like I'll have an available RSW K525i SKMR3 shipping this week to us, give me a call at 916-670-1103 if you want it :)

Did I miss it, or are they not offering the 525 with the AMR reticle?

I do not see that option as of right now, have you also checked out the SKMR3?

Yep. Doesn’t have .2 on the vertical. I’m happy overall with my amg reticle.

It just puzzles me why makers either have the .2 in the horizontal or the vertical, but not on both.

I thought Zcomp had it figured out. .2 throughout and a wind tree as well.

But they won’t even acknowledge comments on here or other social media. So I’m pretty skeptical if they are even going to release a product at this point.

Looking for a reticle that has .2 on vertical, horizontal, and wind tree. So far, all I can find is Horus Reticles and the AMR. Am I missing one?

Yep. Doesn’t have .2 on the vertical. I’m happy overall with my amg reticle.

It just puzzles me why makers either have the .2 in the horizontal or the vertical, but not on both.

I thought Zcomp had it figured out. .2 throughout and a wind tree as well.

But they won’t even acknowledge comments on here or other social media. So I’m pretty skeptical if they are even going to release a product at this point.

Looking for a reticle that has .2 on vertical, horizontal, and wind tree. So far, all I can find is Horus Reticles and the AMR. Am I missing one?

How about this one? The Minox ZP5 5-25x56 with the MR4

MINOX_MR4.jpg

Reactions: maverickasu
They make them in batches depending on the configurations, LW CCW SKMR3 one day, the next maybe LW CCW MSR2 and so on. so can take awhile depending on the configuration one orders.

Off topic but figured the kahles experts in here could help me out for sure. Any idea if there's a combination of caps from Aadland that fit the new 318i?

Last edited:
New 525i in Spuhr-4011 in case anyone was wondering if it would fit like I was.

Attachments

• ACB24166-66FE-4BA1-A41F-B4295114CB96.jpeg
    ACB24166-66FE-4BA1-A41F-B4295114CB96.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 9380E1BB-6B7C-49C4-B681-6089333869E1.jpeg
    9380E1BB-6B7C-49C4-B681-6089333869E1.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 7FACBD40-56A5-4318-A27A-F3EFE67B9C5E.jpeg
    7FACBD40-56A5-4318-A27A-F3EFE67B9C5E.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 2600AE9B-4271-4D3F-A17D-CA4B79A3FA55.jpeg
    2600AE9B-4271-4D3F-A17D-CA4B79A3FA55.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: Baner
Should get my 5-25 CCW RW MSR2 next week. :)

Going to be fun to compare it to the k624i.

I finally got my K525 and have been tinkering with it for the better part of the morning. I plan on running it through the paces tomorrow. My initial impressions are as follows:

Eyebox: Very good in the low to medium mag ranges. It does get pretty tight at the higher end of the magnification, >18x. Some were stating that they saw more scope tube than in other scopes. I noticed this too at first, but once I changed diopter it was none existent.

Controls: elevation turret is phenomenal. There is more resistance to the elevation turret than the k624. Parallax is pretty stiff, hopefully it’ll loosen up with use, or I’ll have to get a throw lever for it. Magnification ring is excellent and does not need a throw lever. I originally thought the twist guard wouldn’t allow movement of the windage turret unless it was lined up, that is not the case. The outside just rotates freely to keep the turret from accidentally moving. Then Allen key for setting zero in the illumination compartment is a really nice touch. Illumination control is the same as the k624 and is good.

Illumination: daylight bright and entire reticle is illuminated

Glass: The K525 has the same pop/brightness that Kahles is known for. The clarity and resolution are honestly the best I have seen. CA is controlled better than the k624 and k318. CA is present, but only under certain conditions, and it is a huge upgrade from where they stood with the k624. The only condition I was able to expose CA was when looking directly towards where the sun was pointing from. Sunshade may mitigate this, I do not know currently.

I do have one question. I am using ARC M10 rings and ARC states 55in-lbs, but Kahles states to not go over 21in-lbs. Seems really low for just one screw? I could see not going over 21in-lbs on NF or Vortex/Seekins rings with 4 screws.

Edit: Nevermind found the Kahles and ARC M10 thread. Torqued them to 55in-lbs

07A8BCF7-C81F-42A5-A7EC-8B5A5B2CB168.jpeg

7E0DF502-BF22-4789-A519-A74FE36E007F.jpeg

C35DB7EB-DE0E-4DAD-97BD-FC7D0CB5D3FF.jpeg

Last edited:
^^ Nice blb, thank you for sharing your initial impressions. I had the exact same thought regarding the twist guard, in fact, I first thought it might have been broke on my K318i because I was able to spin the elevation just fine, I honestly don't see how it's a "guard" at all because I still think the elevation could get bumped out of zero in certain situations.

Mine will be at home Friday. Wont get to see it for some time but at least i know i'll have it lol.

I ended up buying 2 - 5-25's Monday, they both came yesterday. I shot one today a little bit, the reticle seems smaller in comparison to a 6-24i, both(SKMR).
Someone explain to me what upgrades did I pay for, I failed to see any this am.

I ended up buying 2 - 5-25's Monday, they both came yesterday. I shot one today a little bit, the reticle seems smaller in comparison to a 6-24i, both(SKMR).
Someone explain to me what upgrades did I pay for, I failed to see any this am.

I’d say the major ones, in order, are: glass quality, compactness, 16mils/rev.

Anyone have any good reviews of the 5-25 yet? I’m seriously thinking about moving my AMG to try one but wanted a few more real world reviews first.

Anyone have any good reviews of the 5-25 yet? I’m seriously thinking about moving my AMG to try one but wanted a few more real world reviews first.

I sold my AMG w/ EBR-7B to fund a K525 and do not regret the decision. The shortcomings, in my opinion, of the k624 are remedied in the k525. The only real gripe I have at this point is the eyebox is a little tighter than I would have liked on a 34mm scope.

How’s the eye box compared to the AMG? Now you are really making me want one lol.

To me the AMG seemed more forgiving at higher power. I typically ran the AMG in the 15-17x and never had any issues with the eyebox. Anything above 12x on the K525 and it seems to get tighter to me. I had the AMG in a spuhr mount which was 1.18". I am running ARC M10's that are 1.10" so I figured there would not need to be much adjustment in scope placement or cheek height. I have moved the K525 further back and raised my cheek height a bit.

To me the AMG seemed more forgiving at higher power. I typically ran the AMG in the 15-17x and never had any issues with the eyebox. Anything above 12x on the K525 and it seems to get tighter to me. I had the AMG in a spuhr mount which was 1.18". I am running ARC M10's that are 1.10" so I figured there would not need to be much adjustment in scope placement or cheek height. I have moved the K525 further back and raised my cheek height a bit.

Thanks for the help, it’s nice to have something I know to compare it too. I would ask if the glass really was that much better but I know it’s all subjective at this point.

I got three weeks, 5 test, and three teeth (to wax) until i can go home to see it :( damnit i'm ready for Christmas and it hasn't even been a month yet.

Anyone else having issue with 90° bolt throw using lower than 1" rings and knob wont clear that big diameter magnification dial? This with .94 arc rings
20180908_163112.jpg

Have tested mine now and compared it side by side with a k624i gen 3.

The k525i is more compact, the optics is a bit brighter, more distinct clicks on the vertical turret, it has MSR2 which is awesome compared to the MSR.

The fov is a lot less, the k624i at 20x feels like the k525i at 16x, only downside ive found so far.

If i had a k624i i wouldn't replace it with a k525i, the price is a bit to steep. But if your looking for a high end scope i wouldn't doubt it, the k525i is a premium scope.

Going to bring mine on a PRS style competition this weekend, see if it beats my Beast....

Last edited:
Reactions: kujuak
The fov is a lot less, the k624i at 20x feels like the k525i at 12x, only downside ive found so far.

That seems to be the theme for K624i owners who have received the K525i, I am surprised that Kahles would compromise so much on the FOV when designing the K525i, I think this feature alone could keep some holding on to their K624i's for a bit longer.

Reactions: Jeffd
Mike did a quick comparison with the K525i vs. the K624i at 12x and to match up the FOV between the two, the K525i needed to be dialed back to high ten low 11x.
I suppose something has to give with a short 5x erector design

Interested to see it myself. Honestly and this is just me but it could be a major complaint of mine. Eyebox sensitivity and FOV are kind of paramount for optical instruments. The Mark 5 is the most recent optic i've used with comparable FOV and also a somewhat tight or unforgiving eyebox i didn't mind it that much but it was noticeable. What's strange to me is that the Gen II razor gets those two things very right, yet remains in a short compact package. Yes the weight is 1lb more, but on a design standpoint it's impressive. All done with a 6x erector as well.