• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Kahles K328i

I don’t care how good it is. The stupid us fov patent was a real shit move. I will never own a khales product ever again.
I think that expires in 2025. It's why I won't buy a new zco or tangent until they can fix the fov in the 8-40 and 7-35. Khales/swaro are dickheads for patenting that and the patent office are retards for granting it.

Once that patent expires I expect product already developed will drop imediatley from everyone else. Legacy optics will drop in resale as a result.

Pulled this together to see how it stacks up to other Alpha scopes. Couldn't find the total windage and elevation adjustments for the Kahles but aside from the exit pupil the specs fit right in with the others. And the exit pupil is about the same as the March (both on 28x). FOV blows them all out of the water. Almost identical FOV on 28x as the ZCO 420 @ 20x. Field of view on the NF NX8 2.5-20x is 41.8' on 2.5x so the Kahles beats that. I know FOV isn't the end all be all but it has other comparable specs.

View attachment 8332165
I think the new Kahles will sell more than most people expect. In my mind a FOV advantage as large as this will cause people to disregard other "necessary" features they thought they had to have.

I mean come on, will you really nit pick edge distortion (if it has anything significant) on an optic where with any other scope your ability to view that edge wouldn't even exist at all?

What other feature, whether it be your preferred turret, type of illumination, reticle selection, etc can make as large a difference in your performance than a FOV this large?

I don't even have a use-case for this type of scope but I certainly recognize how it can change the game for those that do.

I think the new Kahles will sell more than most people expect. In my mind a FOV advantage as large as this will cause people to disregard other "necessary" features they thought they had to have.

I mean come on, will you really nit pick edge distortion (if it has anything significant) on an optic where with any other scope your ability to view that edge wouldn't even exist at all?

What other feature, whether it be your preferred turret, type of illumination, reticle selection, etc can make as large a difference in your performance than a FOV this large?

I don't even have a use-case for this type of scope but I certainly recognize how it can change the game for those that do.
I generally agree, but I guess it depends on how bad the distortion is or isn't (extent and severity). A very early sample of the 2.5-20 NX8 that I checked out was ungodly bad - it was extremely noticeable even when trying to focus on the center. I would have preferred pin-hole fov to that specific sample (which was probably a lemon). I won't sweat a little distortion at the edge, but there's definitely a point where I'd rather not even have the FoV.

I won't swap out my ZCO420, but maybe there's a DLR LSW SKMR+ being put together that will replace my ZCO527........🤨

Reactions: Glassaholic

Agree but it's all speculation until you actually get behind it and decide if that's worth it to you. It almost sounds too good to be true.

I remember years ago with my first S&B 5-25 comparing the image on 10x to a set of Steiner 10x50 military/marine porro prism binos and wishing I had a similar FOV.

Seems we may be getting closer.

Reactions: LR1845
I generally agree, but I guess it depends on how bad the distortion is or isn't (extent and severity). A very early sample of the 2.5-20 NX8 that I checked out was ungodly bad - it was extremely noticeable even when trying to focus on the center. I would have preferred pin-hole fov to that specific sample (which was probably a lemon). I won't sweat a little distortion at the edge, but there's definitely a point where I'd rather not even have the FoV.

I won't swap out my ZCO420, but maybe there's a DLR LSW SKMR+ being put together that will replace my ZCO527........🤨
I had the exact same experience you describe with the early NX8 2.5-20 in exactly same scenario that I viewed this Kahles (indoor viewing, bad lighting). I did not notice that in this optic. I'll check it out again sometime before the end of the week to verify.

There is a general level of optical quality I would expect from an optic at this price point. My previous comments assume this base level of quality. Obviously if we have some extreme issues optically it would overcome the FOV advantage. I do not believe that to be case.

Your view on distortion vs FOV is valid, especially in static use cases. Dynamic comps or, heaven forbid, two-way ranges are likely to shift those preferences considerably.

Reactions: Secant
Pulled this together to see how it stacks up to other Alpha scopes. Couldn't find the total windage and elevation adjustments for the Kahles but aside from the exit pupil the specs fit right in with the others. And the exit pupil is about the same as the March (both on 28x). FOV blows them all out of the water. Almost identical FOV on 28x as the ZCO 420 @ 20x. Field of view on the NF NX8 2.5-20x is 41.8' on 2.5x so the Kahles beats that. I know FOV isn't the end all be all but it has other comparable specs.

View attachment 8332165
This is a point I've been trying to make for years with wider FOV. 28x = to 20x on ZCO (and actually better, because ZCO's FOV values are inflated as ILya and my testing have confirmed), 28x = 18x on Kahles' own pathetic K318i (one of the narrowest FOV's on the market) and on the bottom end the Kahles K328i has greater FOV than the NF NX8 2.5-20 at 2.5x, so in essence you're getting the equivalent FOV of a 2.5x magnification scope which is crazy.

If edge to edge clarity and overall IQ hold up on this scope I may be willing to overlook the weight issues (and the 36mm tube)...

I had the exact same experience you describe with the early NX8 2.5-20 in exactly same scenario that I viewed this Kahles (indoor viewing, bad lighting). I did not notice that in this optic. I'll check it out again sometime before the end of the week to verify.

There is a general level of optical quality I would expect from an optic at this price point. My previous comments assume this base level of quality. Obviously if we have some extreme issues optically it would overcome the FOV advantage. I do not believe that to be case.

Your view on distortion vs FOV is valid, especially in static use cases. Dynamic comps or, heaven forbid, two-way ranges are likely to shift those preferences considerably.
My early NX8 2.5-20 also suffered from this edge distortion and made the scope very unpleasant to look through, Nightforce has since corrected this issue and newer manufactured scopes have impressive edge to edge clarity. I trust your eyes Burdy and look forward to hearing about your second experience with the scope on the show floor...

Reactions: kl7883
Agree but it's all speculation until you actually get behind it and decide if that's worth it to you. It almost sounds too good to be true.

I remember years ago with my first S&B 5-25 comparing the image on 10x to a set of Steiner 10x50 military/marine porro prism binos and wishing I had a similar FOV.

Seems we may be getting closer.
I say this every time I look through a pair of Bino's.

Reactions: nick338
This is a point I've been trying to make for years with wider FOV. 28x = to 20x on ZCO (and actually better, because ZCO's FOV values are inflated as ILya and my testing have confirmed), 28x = 18x on Kahles' own pathetic K318i (one of the narrowest FOV's on the market) and on the bottom end the Kahles K328i has greater FOV than the NF NX8 2.5-20 at 2.5x, so in essence you're getting the equivalent FOV of a 2.5x magnification scope which is crazy.

If edge to edge clarity and overall IQ hold up on this scope I may be willing to overlook the weight issues (and the 36mm tube)...
Yeah I'm a FOV whore so this is looking really intriguing to me. Got a Tac Ops Delta 51 .308 inbound and will need a scope for it. Was going to go ZCO 420 or TT 315m but this might be the one for me. Think I'm going to wait until field reports come out after getting hosed for months for my early adoption of the last scope I bought. :)

I am curious on the 328i's reticle usability on the low end of the magnification range. If it's like the NF 2.5-20x it'll be a harder sell for me since that one is hard for me to see. But then again 5x is the new 3x with this FOV...

The two ZCO numbers are street price not MSRP? If so the RZR G3 should come down to $2450 street from EO.
Kahles doesn't have a street price that I know of so I wanted to list the MSRP for all that I could find to get the best apples-to-apples comparison on that price point. Couldn't find ZCO MSRP so I listed the street price. I marked those as street prices so we could all see them as such and assume the MSRP is higher. Higher ZCO MSRP puts the Kahles in the Alpha class price range of the ZCO. The street price of the 527 is almost the same as the Kahles MSRP and the Kahles basically combines the 420 and 527 features unless you're looking for super short like the 420.

It's a simple table to get a better comparison for the different specs between posted online spec sheets of a few top tier scopes. What does listing the Vortex street price do to compare it to the Kahles MSRP except make someone who is price sensitive think the Vortex is the clear winner based solely on price? It's pointless for this comparison exercise.

My early NX8 2.5-20 also suffered from this edge distortion and made the scope very unpleasant to look through, Nightforce has since corrected this issue and newer manufactured scopes have impressive edge to edge clarity. I trust your eyes Burdy and look forward to hearing about your second experience with the scope on the show floor...
Okay so I just looked through this thing again and keep in mind on the show floor with virtually no blank wall to look at or anything uniform it is very hard to determine distortion. Everyone I think wants to know what the trade off is and I have believe I have found it.

Optical quality and edge distortion look good to me, at least in this environment but eyebox seems extremely picky...even on 3.5x. I was not hand holding it this time but utilizing the one they had mounted on a chassis and on a tripod and it was still very picky in my opinion.

Can you explain more on what you mean by picky? Sensitive to up/down, left/right, or front/ back movements and or positions or more of a general struggle to find the comfortable center of the viewing experience?

Can you explain more on what you mean by picky? Sensitive to up/down, left/right, or front/ back movements and or positions or more of a general struggle to find the comfortable center of the viewing experience?
Yes, unfortunately all of the above. I think the the one that bothered me the most was the side to side. It was very picky in that regard.

However, take any of this with a grain of salt, this is the worst place in the world to try to evaluate an optic.

Okay so I just looked through this thing again and keep in mind on the show floor with virtually no blank wall to look at or anything uniform it is very hard to determine distortion. Everyone I think wants to know what the trade off is and I have believe I have found it.

Optical quality and edge distortion look good to me, at least in this environment but eyebox seems extremely picky...even on 3.5x. I was not hand holding it this time but utilizing the one they had mounted on a chassis and on a tripod and it was still very picky in my opinion.
Bummer...sounds like what the guys in the Area 419 video were alluding to as their biggest con with the scope. For the experts out there, would a smaller erector reduce this problem? With this field of view I would think they could get away with this being a 5x erector vs 9x and still compete with the big boys. This is the first time I've thought a higher low end magnification wouldn't matter to me.

I'm guesstimating on my math here and admit I don't know how these calculations work but I'd think a 5-25x would have FOV numbers around 40.3-10.4'. I could be completely wrong though.

I'm guesstimating on my math here and admit I don't know how these calculations work but I'd think a 5-25x would have FOV numbers around 40.3-10.4'. I could be completely wrong though.

If you keep the same 28.7 degree apparent field of view at as the k328, a 5-25 version would have a field of view of 10.05 yards @ 100 yards @ 5x and 2.00 yards @ 100 yards @ 25x.

If you keep the same 28.7 degree apparent field of view at as the k328, a 5-25 version would have a field of view of 10.05 yards @ 100 yards @ 5x and 2.00 yards @ 100 yards @ 25x.
Kiba is a math wiz who taught me about arctan's, so I would trust his numbers :sneaky:

Reactions: UNRL Ghandi
The 328i has a listed 5.9' FOV on 28x, wouldn't it be bigger than 2 yards (6') on 25x since it's already 2 yards at 28x? Super noob when it comes to this stuff and apologies if I'm derailing the thread.

Thank you much for doing this Burd, this does not surprise me in lieu of the design and I was wondering if Kahles engineers found some way around the limitations of a short body with high erector, you won't be able to tell this on the show floor but I imagine DOF may also be somewhat finicky, but what we really need is a production model to evaluate in the field. I'm looking into some of my sources to see if I can get one of these...

The 328i has a listed 5.9' FOV on 28x, wouldn't it be bigger than 2 yards (6') on 25x since it's already 2 yards at 28x? Super noob when it comes to this stuff and apologies if I'm derailing the thread.

Specs show an FOV of 42.9'-5.4' @ 100y on the Kahles website.

The AFOV of the k328 isn't constant over the mag range. According to the Kahles specs the AFOV calculates out to be 28.48 degrees at 3.5x and 28.87 degrees at 28x. For simplicity I used a 28.7 degrees average apparent field of view to calculate the FOV of a hypothetical 5-25x version, so there is a little wiggle in those numbers I posted.

Eating lunch while at work, so this is quick & dirty comparison. Graph is rough calc'd, not from empirical observations.

1706207317566.png

As has been pointed out in this thread & others, there is something wonky going on with the stated FoV specs from ZCO.

Bummer...sounds like what the guys in the Area 419 video were alluding to as their biggest con with the scope. For the experts out there, would a smaller erector reduce this problem? With this field of view I would think they could get away with this being a 5x erector vs 9x and still compete with the big boys. This is the first time I've thought a higher low end magnification wouldn't matter to me.
I'll try my best not to speak out of my butt here...

Inherent to short body scopes (think ultra short) and high erectors (above 6x) is the battle with the short focal length of the design, this short focal length is what causes the tight eyebox, narrow DOF and finicky parallax - think constantly having to adjust between varying distances. One of the ways to fix this is to design a longer scope body (thereby increasing the focal length) but many manufacturers see the success of other short body scopes (like Schmidt's Ultra Shorts, ZCO's 4-20, March 4.5-28x52, NF NX8 2.5-20, et al) and have designed higher (top end) magnification scopes with shorter bodies which for the dynamic shooting competition world I think is the wrong direction. Shorter scopes are desired for clipon use, but unless PRS/NRL starts introducing night competitions I do not see these style of competition sports needing short body scopes. Many shooters do not understand the tradeoffs with these short body designs and high erectors, on paper they sound great - "who wouldn't want a shorter scope with more magnification?" until you realize the compromises that have to be made in the optical design in order to meet this criteria, and for those that have recognized this, they gravitate towards the more traditional scope design with a longer body and 5x or less erector, only recently has the industry broken the 5x barrier with a very forgiving design with a 6x erector as seen in the new 6-36x56 designs.

In my opinion (and it is certainly just that), Kahles took the wrong queues when designing this scope, and I say that purely based on their marketing material like the cheesy video that started out this thread, watch that video again and catch the terms they are using. Almost right off in the video they mention that this scope is aimed directly at the competition shooting market, but the design of the scope is a serious deviation of the scopes that have been successful in PRS/NRL over the years, scopes like the S&B 5-25x56, the TT 5-25x56, the NF ATACR 7-35x56, Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56, ZCO 5-27x56 and now the Vortex RG3 6-36x56 and likely the Schmidt 6-36x56 (thought the Schmidt acceptance will be hindered due to neutered FOV in US version as mentioned previously). Of all these the ZCO is the shortest with the Vortex RG3 not far behind but being such a new scope may take a bit for others to recognize its benefits and adopt it.

Here are the areas that Kahles has missed the mark (specifically relating to dynamic shooting sports like PRS/NRL)
  1. 8x erector - why? Nobody was asking for 8x, for most in PRS/NRL the sweet spot for 98% of all your shooting is between 10x-20x, who has been asking for 3.5x for PRS/NRL?
  2. Short body - why? These are competition rifles, outside of aesthetics, PRS/NRL have not been saying, "we need shorter scopes".
  3. Finicky Eyebox (as reported by Burdy and Area419) - this is one feature that the majority of dynamic shooting sports shooters request, a more forgiving eyebox due to restricted positions during certain stages.*
  4. There are others but I'll refrain from bringing them up because at this point they are conjecture due to the design and I'd rather wait to see how it does.
  5. 50mm objective - look at all the top scopes from PRS, they are all 56mm objectives because larger objectives tend to provide better eyebox experience; however, with such a short body there are some complications with larger objectives when trying to control other aspects of the design, by reducing the main objective you can somewhat help out some of these other areas of compromise.
* What's frustrating is the marketing terminology that Kahles is using on their website:
The groundbreaking K328i sets new performance standards with a pioneering new-generation optical design. It offers a 40 % wider field of view*, an exceptionally comfortable eyebox and 8x zoom with perfect optical performance across the entire adjustment range.
The above clearly states "exceptionally comfortable" but we now have two reputable sources indicating this may not be the case so one has to wonder what was the baseline for making this statement. Also, using the word "perfect" with regard to optical performance is really pushing the boundaries because no optical system is perfect...

One last point of clarification, all the above is in reference to a scope optimized for dynamic shooting sports, I think this scope will still have application within the shooting community but thus far it does not sound like the PRS/NRL slayer the Kahles marketing team is claiming it will be. If eyebox finickiness is around the NF NX8/March 3-24 level I can live with that, but if it is worse than these scopes then that will definitely hurt adoption.

Last edited:
Sounds like they missed the mark trying to conquer multiple scopes with an unnecessary trade off.

The field of view is great. A finicky eyebox is definitely not.

Reactions: Secant
That was my viewing pleasure, thank you Will!!! Burdy and Area419 mention tight eyebox but you mentioned it was pretty easy to get behind 🤷‍♂️ I guess it's really hard to determine inside...
Yea to each their own. It’ll be a pretty interesting scope for sure.

Sounds like they missed the mark trying to conquer multiple scopes with an unnecessary trade off.
Man, I can't tell you how many times I see new scopes and think that exact thing, it's like the mfr's get some things right and then completely botch others.
The field of view is great. A finicky eyebox is definitely not.
Agreed.

Reactions: nick338
Yea to each their own. It’ll be a pretty interesting scope for sure.
As long as it's not worse than March/NF NX8 I think I'll be happy with that. But I agree with Ghandi above, had they kept this scope to 5x erector and lengthened it a bit with a 56mm objective and kept that new ultra wide eyepiece, that I think would be a real game changer, they just simply tried to do too much with this design when it wasn't necessary.

I'll try my best not to speak out of my butt here...

Inherent to short body scopes (think ultra short) and high erectors (above 6x) is the battle with the short focal length of the design, this short focal length is what causes the tight eyebox, narrow DOF and finicky parallax - think constantly having to adjust between varying distances. One of the ways to fix this is to design a longer scope body (thereby increasing the focal length) but many manufacturers see the success of other short body scopes (like Schmidt's Ultra Shorts, ZCO's 4-20, March 4.5-28x52, NF NX8 2.5-20, et al) and have designed higher (top end) magnification scopes with shorter bodies which for the dynamic shooting competition world I think is the wrong direction. Shorter scopes are desired for clipon use, but unless PRS/NRL starts introducing night competitions I do not see these style of competition sports needing short body scopes. Many shooters do not understand the tradeoffs with these short body designs and high erectors, on paper they sound great - "who wouldn't want a shorter scope with more magnification?" until you realize the compromises that have to be made in the optical design in order to meet this criteria, and for those that have recognized this, they gravitate towards the more traditional scope design with a longer body and 5x or less erector, only recently has the industry broken the 5x barrier with a very forgiving design with a 6x erector as seen in the new 6-36x56 designs.

In my opinion (and it is certainly just that), Kahles took the wrong queues when designing this scope, and I say that purely based on their marketing material like the cheesy video that started out this thread, watch that video again and catch the terms they are using. Almost right off in the video they mention that this scope is aimed directly at the competition shooting market, but the design of the scope is a serious deviation of the scopes that have been successful in PRS/NRL over the years, scopes like the S&B 5-25x56, the TT 5-25x56, the NF ATACR 7-35x56, Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56, ZCO 5-27x56 and now the Vortex RG3 6-36x56 and likely the Schmidt 6-36x56 (thought the Schmidt acceptance will be hindered due to neutered FOV in US version as mentioned previously). Of all these the ZCO is the shortest with the Vortex RG3 not far behind but being such a new scope may take a bit for others to recognize its benefits and adopt it.

Here are the areas that Kahles has missed the mark (specifically relating to dynamic shooting sports like PRS/NRL)
  1. 8x erector - why? Nobody was asking for 8x, for most in PRS/NRL the sweet spot for 98% of all your shooting is between 10x-20x, who has been asking for 3.5x for PRS/NRL?
  2. Short body - why? These are competition rifles, outside of aesthetics, PRS/NRL have not been saying, "we need shorter scopes".
  3. Finicky Eyebox (as reported by Burdy and Area419) - this is one feature that the majority of dynamic shooting sports shooters request, a more forgiving eyebox due to restricted positions during certain stages.*
  4. There are others but I'll refrain from bringing them up because at this point they are conjecture due to the design and I'd rather wait to see how it does.
  5. 50mm objective - look at all the top scopes from PRS, they are all 56mm objectives because larger objectives tend to provide better eyebox experience; however, with such a short body there are some complications with larger objectives when trying to control other aspects of the design, by reducing the main objective you can somewhat help out some of these other areas of compromise.
* What's frustrating is the marketing terminology that Kahles is using on their website:

The above clearly states "exceptionally comfortable" but we now have two reputable sources indicating this may not be the case so one has to wonder what was the baseline for making this statement. Also, using the word "perfect" with regard to optical performance is really pushing the boundaries because no optical system is perfect...

One last point of clarification, all the above is in reference to a scope optimized for dynamic shooting sports, I think this scope will still have application within the shooting community but thus far it does not sound like the PRS/NRL slayer the Kahles marketing team is claiming it will be. If eyebox finickiness is around the NF NX8/March 3-24 level I can live with that, but if it is worse than these scopes then that will definitely hurt adoption.
Kahles response when I asked, “why a 50mm and not 56mm on the objective”
They said “if it can do everything a 56mm can in a smaller package then why not” essentially eluding to the way the NL Pure line of binos has gone smaller and lighter with larger FOV.

I did mentioned to them I thought it was a mistake. I said they should’ve gone all out and marketed this as a tactical scope with big FOV and 56mm objective and increase the length if needed to make it more forgiving.

Swaro EU are the ones behind marketing this as a crossover scope so the US side of Kahles has to live with it and make that work.

Kahles response when I asked, “why a 50mm and not 56mm on the objective”
They said “if it can do everything a 56mm can in a smaller package then why not”
What a salesman! o_O :ROFLMAO: I think I would have countered with, "so why not make it 20oz and 30mm objective" and see if they would have followed with the same logic... :unsure:
essentially eluding to the way the NL Pure line of binos has gone smaller and lighter with larger FOV.
But NL Pure didn't drop objective size to get the wider FOV - compare EL 10x42 to NL 10x42. With the FOV in these designs it's all in the eyepiece, and you clearly noticed how they were able to get such ultra wide FOV by pointing out the beastly eyepiece on there in your video (that was funny by the way). The dimensions of the scope are very reminiscent of the Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50, it too has a really short front end, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Kahles/Swaro took some design queues from the NX8, but that was the wrong direction IMO.
I did mentioned to them I thought it was a mistake. I said they should’ve gone all out and marketed this as a tactical scope with big FOV and 56mm objective and increase the length if needed to make it more forgiving.
Curious how they responded, guessing there were some blank stares as the guys and gals at the booths are sales and marketing and typically not the engineers.
Swaro EU are the ones behind marketing this as a crossover scope so the US side of Kahles has to live with it and make that work.
Well that is a very good point, they had a specific purpose behind the design and we know that Swaro doesn't understand the FFP arena so they came up with this and doing their best to market it toward where they think the most sales will come from (dynamic shooting sports).

What a salesman! o_O :ROFLMAO: I think I would have countered with, "so why not make it 20oz and 30mm objective" and see if they would have followed with the same logic... :unsure:

But NL Pure didn't drop objective size to get the wider FOV - compare EL 10x42 to NL 10x42. With the FOV in these designs it's all in the eyepiece, and you clearly noticed how they were able to get such ultra wide FOV by pointing out the beastly eyepiece on there in your video (that was funny by the way). The dimensions of the scope are very reminiscent of the Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50, it too has a really short front end, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Kahles/Swaro took some design queues from the NX8, but that was the wrong direction IMO.

Curious how they responded, guessing there were some blank stares as the guys and gals at the booths are sales and marketing and typically not the engineers.

Well that is a very good point, they had a specific purpose behind the design and we know that Swaro doesn't understand the FFP arena so they came up with this and doing their best to market it toward where they think the most sales will come from (dynamic shooting sports).
You'd have to imagine the 50mm objective was done to help keep the scope shorter, and lighter.

A bigger objective lens in the same short scope would've messed around with the focal length design issues even more.

@koshkin said in his video that the eye box was very forgiving
I just watched through his video and heard the same. Maybe @Burdy is so used to forgiving LPVO's he was shocked with a long range scope ;) JK of course. Who knows, it is hard to tell inside, shame on me for jumping to conclusions before actually seeing the thing, but getting a short body scope with 8x erector to have a forgiving eyebox, well this would be a first so really curious to get my hands on one.

Reactions: Bangin
I just watched through his video and heard the same. Maybe @Burdy is so used to forgiving LPVO's he was shocked with a long range scope ;) JK of course. Who knows, it is hard to tell inside, shame on me for jumping to conclusions before actually seeing the thing, but getting a short body scope with 8x erector to have a forgiving eyebox, well this would be a first so really curious to get my hands on one.
I’m too curious and will probably order one

Reactions: FuhQ and Secant
I'll settle this once and for all. Someone send me one and I will tell you how forgiving it is🤣

First of all, I would trust @koshkin long before I trusted myself.

With that being said, for me the 6-24 Leupold Mark 4 HD was waaaaaaay easier for me to get behind at 6x than the Kahles was at 3.5x. The 6-24 Mark 4 was also easier to get behind than the Mark 5 3.6-18 at low mag.

Take that for whatever it's worth. YMMV.

Last edited:
It is quite forgiving given how wife the FOV is and the erector ratio. I would not have any issues using this scope on a precision rifle.

ILya

For you guys that understand this stuff. Can 8x or 10x be TT image, this FOV eye boy like a screen and durable if we go back to USO baseball bat 24 In long? Under 40 0z

First of all, I would trust @koshkin long before I trusted myself.
Sometimes I do not trust my own eyes and have to have others look through and verify what I'm seeing or not seeing.
With that being said, for me the 6-24 Leupold Mark 4 HD was waaaaaaay easier for me to get behind at 6x than the Kahles was at 3.5x. The 6-24 Mark 4 was also easier to get behind than the Mark 5 3.6-18 at low mag.

Take that for whatever it's worth. YMMV.
That is exactly what I was hoping from the Leupold Mark 4HD - an extremely forgiving design. The 8-32x56 could prove to be a fantastic option for dynamic shooting sports on a budget.

Reactions: CSTactical
For you guys that understand this stuff. Can 8x or 10x be TT image, this FOV eye boy like a screen and durable if we go back to USO baseball bat 24 In long? Under 40 0z

I can't even begin to understand your post.
Using my best interpretation skills I think what he is asking is whether or not a scope can be designed with either an 8x erector or 10x erector and if the scope used a long focal length design could the image be Tangent Theta quality?

Reactions: Bryan W M
Using my best interpretation skills I think what he is asking is whether or not a scope can be designed with either an 8x erector or 10x erector and if the scope used a long focal length design could the image be Tangent Theta quality?
And possibly referencing the old USO 3.8-22, which was very long, heavy scope. You're probably spot on because after reading it about 5 times I was thinking along those lines. Only Bryan knows for sure, lol.

Sometimes I do not trust my own eyes and have to have others look through and verify what I'm seeing or not seeing.

That is exactly what I was hoping from the Leupold Mark 4HD - an extremely forgiving design. The 8-32x56 could prove to be a fantastic option for dynamic shooting sports on a budget.
After seeing the Mark 4HD, Im grabbing one. Very very easy for me to get behind.
I'm going to meet up with Koshkin today so we can argue over the Kahles. Ha!

Reactions: CSTactical
After seeing the Mark 4HD, Im grabbing one. Very very easy for me to get behind.
The 2.5-10 and 8-32 have the biggest appeal for me personally, it is encouraging to hear they are very forgiving to get behind and even though they have narrow FOV, there "ease" of use will definitely stir the market and hopefully more mfr's begin to focus on "forgiving" optics.
I'm going to meet up with Koshkin today so we can argue over the Kahles. Ha!
Oh good, give him a big long hug for me to make things awkward :ROFLMAO: I had some family matters to attend to this year but hoping to make it out next year to SHOT (y)

T translate my train wreck of a post.
Can a 8x 10 x erector scope be made with a wide FOV that can compete with a TT in all other aspects ?Also could you have a better eye box if they went longer?

I will try not to post after being up all night with the kids. That was painful to read lol

I haven’t read or watched everything on the new K328 yet, and am far from an expert. It seems to me a scope that appears to be NX8 4-32’esk with a wider FOV, likely better glass/low light performance, minus a weight penalty isn’t such a bad idea. I’m in if the glass and low light performance are good.

Last edited: